Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge-70 Paintsville-61
vundy33 Wrote:Both Ray Kasongo and Tony Wolter will be playing for big-time D-1 schools in a couple years, no question about it. I don't know much about Paintsville's players, but it's just silly to talk about a 1v1 matchup or anything like that. Kasongo has the skills now, he just needs to grow up a little, that is it. Tony is a different story. That kid has one of the strongest minds I have ever seen in anyone, it's amazing. Whatever school he goes too, and I will kill him if it's Indiana, lol, they will be lucky to have him. The sky is the limit for him. I've never seen a kid that is as mentally strong and tough as Wolter, and mark it down, he will excel to the top level of whatever he does after school, whether it's basketball or a normal job. He's 16 and more of a man than 99% of the men I know.

But yeah, Ray is just a kid. He will learn, and he will do what it takes to get it done. The guy is 2000 miles away from everyone he's known his whole life, which I doubt hardly any of you know anything about. It's not easy to overcome tough stuff in your life when you're in a completely new place and it's not hard to start thinking no one has your back. He'll make it, and I can't wait to see him do it.

Good win boys.

I believe Wolter will make it D1...but as far as best Basketball mind you've ever seen?......Elisha Justice had a higher Basketball IQ
I must have watched a different game than some of you but I didn't see a D-1 player. The big guy has plenty of hops, but he seemed lazy running the floor, plus he made silly fouls. Wolter shot a lot but it looked like he couldn't hit a bull in the butt.

ER is a good team, but a team in the weak 15th Region with two D-1 prospects should have a better record and would dominate a under manned Paintsville team. They would dominate the entire Region.

Would I like to have them on my team......if I was coaching in the 15th Region, yes I would. Are there better players, yes there are. I don't think either one of them are players that could carry a team to a region championship. Again, I think ER is a good team, but not a great team.
Just curious RB, and this is a legitimate question because I don't know much about this kid besides the hype on here. But is Kasongo associated with Brandon Bender in any way?

And also I'm shocked to hear that Arizona has supposedly offered this kid, and hasn't even watched him play in person This was confirmed by Evan Daniels of Scout.com.
Kasongo is a "recruit" for Arizona. He does not hold an offer despite what Brandon Bender has told people or what Bender has told him. If he now does, I apologize but don't you think they'd at least like to see him play once before offering him? Common sense prevails in most cases guys.

And by the way, Unofficial Visit to Indiana does not = Scholorship offer to Indiana.

Bender is filling this kid's head with all the wrong info. I'm sure he does want him to be a D-1 one and done. That means big $ for Bender.
And yes Brandon Bender has a lot to do with these kids. Including getting them to East Ridge, and getting them to a college of Bender's choice.
http://www.pointguardu.com/content/clari...nder-1214/

Luckily most people now know to stay clear of Bender and his ways, including Sean Miller of Arizona. All you have to do is take a look at what Bender did to UCF.
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/...-suspended

These kids are being blown way out of proportion by a lot of people. If they are big time D1 players, then they need to stop fooling around and start acting like it. Otherwise everybody that has watched them knows different.
Eye opening.

Any East Ridge defenders now? Like the ones saying the kids were not recruited?
There is a HUGE difference in contacting a kid and recruiting a kid. Lots of kids get letters from lots of schools...............until a Coach comes to watch a kid play, invites him for an official visit, then offers his a scholarship...........he isn't being recruited. No Head Coach at any level......D-1, NAIA will offer a kid a scholarship until someone he trust, someone from his staff or him personally have watched the kid play. Heck.......I bet half the kids on Paintsville team could take an unofficial visit to a D-1 school. All that means is you pay your way, and maybe you get a couple of comp tickets. It cost the school nothing!

Trust me when I say I know how recruiting at the D-1 level works.
Now the total picture becomes much clearer.:biggrin:I figure the ER team beat Paintsville the other night anyway.
I'm not trying to start any issues with the Kasongo/Bender situation. But somebody has got to at some point step in and say something to him about the track record of Bender. From what I gather he is in it only for himself, being a "mentor" or whatever that means.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:I believe Wolter will make it D1...but as far as best Basketball mind you've ever seen?......Elisha Justice had a higher Basketball IQ

Strongest, toughest mind. I didn't say basketball mind, lol. That's just as strong though, and will only improve.
^I don't know about all that man......EJ could of went to Louisville on an academic ride too....Wolter is a great player but I just don't see the killer instinct from him right now.....but not to say He will have it as he ages (which I think he will)
Really, most of you don't know what you're talking about. But keep hating, it's fine. Both will make it, especially Wolter. Once Kasongo matures, he will live up to his potential. Not until then though. Like I said before, Wolter is set mentally, and has all the tools physically. Both are still really young.

As to the Indiana and Arizona stuff, both have had representatives at ER games this year, especially Indiana. Also, Ohio State has shown interest.

Bender may have helped get them to ER, but they won't be going to a "college of his choice". That's just stupid.

Lol, all of you can think what you want and try to downplay looks they're getting. But it's way, way past just "looks". Also, Mr. Onion Head, Wolter has been "acting like it" since the moment he stepped foot in Pike County. The kid has a great attitude. He is a sophomore, and Ray is a Junior...plenty of time to bloom, especially Ray. Ray Kasongo will get it together mentally, and Tony Wolter will keep it up and keep getting better...they and the team will show you and everyone else this soon enough, whether it's this year or next year, they'll do it.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:^I don't know about all that man......EJ could of went to Louisville on an academic ride too....Wolter is a great player but I just don't see the killer instinct from him right now.....but not to say He will have it as he ages (which I think he will)

lol man, I'm not comparing the two. I meant that his bball IQ is just as strong as how mentally tough he is. It's there, just not consistent enough yet. When you see Tony driving the ball and that tough D, that's the killer instinct in him. Of course, it will keep getting worked on and refined, and with hard work he'll be at Elisha's level or higher in a few years.
vundy33 Wrote:Really, most of you don't know what you're talking about. But keep hating, it's fine. Both will make it, especially Wolter. Once Kasongo matures, he will live up to his potential. Not until then though. Like I said before, Wolter is set mentally, and has all the tools physically. Both are still really young.

As to the Indiana and Arizona stuff, both have had representatives at ER games this year, especially Indiana. Also, Ohio State has shown interest.

Bender may have helped get them to ER, but they won't be going to a "college of his choice". That's just stupid.

Lol, all of you can think what you want and try to downplay looks they're getting. But it's way, way past just "looks". Also, Mr. Onion Head, Wolter has been "acting like it" since the moment he stepped foot in Pike County. The kid has a great attitude. He is a sophomore, and Ray is a Junior...plenty of time to bloom, especially Ray. Ray Kasongo will get it together mentally, and Tony Wolter will keep it up and keep getting better...they and the team will show you and everyone else this soon enough, whether it's this year or next year, they'll do it.

You and many others thought ER would be a contender for the regional title too....I just don't see it.....this year or next.....but I am no future teller and neither are you.....also you can't even compare him too EJ RIGHT NOW, cause EJ had a Mr. Basketball under his belt....Wolter is nowhere near.
and before you even say...I know Wolter is a sophomore....He still has a lot of time to improve.
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:You and many others thought ER would be a contender for the regional title too....I just don't see it.....this year or next.....but I am no future teller and neither are you.....also you can't even compare him too EJ RIGHT NOW, cause EJ had a Mr. Basketball under his belt....Wolter is nowhere near.

For the 3rd time, I'm not comparing them, lol. You brought EJ up.

And ER IS a contender for the Region. We'll just have to see though. Personally, I can't wait for district..I'm praying I get to go to the games. Going to be a great couple of days.
Me too ....IMO the 3 teams in the 59th are very equally matched....But being at Valley....it's going to be an awesome district tourny too watch....Hopefully the fan bases will be rockin..........You're I did compare and I apologize.
I thought it was at Pikeville? Well, that gives Valley a huge boost of course, just as if it was at Pikeville or ER, they'd have huge boosts. I was kind of hoping it was at Pikeville, because I think it's the loudest of the three gyms.

lol, I remember back in 2004, the year ER won Region. It was the District champ game at Pikeville, ER vs Valley. That was one of the loudest things I've ever heard in my life...the entire game was crazy loud, but the 4th quarter was ridiculous. I literally went deaf at the end of the game for a few seconds, lol.

When it comes to matchups, I agree, they're all 3 pretty equal. But, with Pikeville's experience at the Guard position, and their overall experience, they are better than both ER and SV in my opinion. I think ER is a bit better than SV right now, but they're really pretty equal.

I can't wait for district. We all know the fan bases will be absolutely crazy, lol. Man I can't wait.
I think seeing their track record at home this year, They have no advantage lol......with losses to Phelps and Hazard at home....Valley has soooo much talent and nothing to show for it.....Pikeville is the best of the 3 as a TEAM.....but ER and SV have more talent...It's going to be nuts
Come tourny time, SV is great at unf**king themselves and getting the job done. I just hope that if ER plays them, they don't get it done that game, lol.

I remember the good ole days, when the student sections would through stuff out onto the court at the start of the games. Good times.
That will be another big test for Ray and Tony....How they play in that sort of intense atmosphere.....I don't see the place they were before having that sort of hype.
E.ridge Wrote:Yah your right but tonight is prolly one of the best games pville has played all year !! Everyone always brings there "a" game when they play ER
That's a first time I've ever heard that one.
This situation just shows how screwed up everything is when it relates to the K.H.S.A.A. and transfer players. I can see a kid coming from Canada and relocating in Pike County. Two different players from two different families in the same situation is hard to believe. Especially when both are considered D1and are associated with someone of the character of Bender as their mentor. Also, according to the article in an earlier post, Kosango had already completed the first two years of high school in Canada but was reclassified as a sophmore at East Ridge. Is it just me or am I seeing a situation that is wrong in just so many ways.
The excuse for Kasongo is that he needs to mature? He got dominated by a Freshman. As a junior he should be alot more mature than that. The best player on that floor was Trevor Tiller, and he didn't even have a great game by his standards, but still put on a show against your "D-1" prospect. If those two are legit D-1 then Tiller will be playing at UK in 2014 it is that simple, he made wolter look stupid at least 6 times in that game, and blocked kasongo's dunk like it was nothing. adding to that D-1 B-Ball prospects don't get stuffed by 8th graders, and dominate games I have seen Paintsville play against a big time prospect in Scotty Hopson, and neither of these two are even close to that level of talent.
You guys are foolish as can be read this for those of you who dunno anything especially u guys from paintsville !!:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...ngos-list/
Hillbilly Heartthrob Wrote:You and many others thought ER would be a contender for the regional title too....I just don't see it.....this year or next.....but I am no future teller and neither are you.....also you can't even compare him too EJ RIGHT NOW, cause EJ had a Mr. Basketball under his belt....Wolter is nowhere near.
May I also add that he has D-1 ink to his credit.
Give em a break guys. After all it cost a little to get a 6' 8" body to the ridge. What is a little PR in exchange for some D-1 talent. Ya know there has to be more than just studies to offer a guy. Thats a long way to come for math and history classes by themselves.These are just two high school kids trying to play a game. They can't be faulted for that. The problem comes when a group of adults try to shove the boat down the river. I guess a promise is a promise.
Easternkyballer Wrote:You guys are foolish as can be read this for those of you who dunno anything especially u guys from paintsville !!:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/jodydem...ngos-list/

Landon Slone went to Kentucky. lmfao.
If these guys were legit ER would destroy everyone in this region end of story.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:May I also add that he has D-1 ink to his credit.

Who has D-1 ink to their credit?