Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 44 Shelby Valley 39
As Muhammed Ali once said.
"WE SHOOK UP THE WORLD!!!!"
Ive said all year that Bart has finally brought some excitment back to the B-ball program.With Coach J over football,Bart over B-ball, and Lawson over baseball we have three of the best coaches in the state in each sport.:wenumber1
Congrads Pikeville!!!! :Thumbs: I was hoping you would pull the upset over Shelby Valley!!! GOOD GAME PIKEVILLE!!!!!:mad:
Congratulations Pikeville! When I heard the score I was surprised but very happy! I'm proud of this team and the accomplishment they've made! :bounce:
"SVHSFootball" Wrote:From what I have been told..and I say this very sarcastically...another "GREAT" coaching job by the Boo Boo Man Tonight..Ya get a win of 15 at home...by 6 at the Ville but you can't pull out the win at a neutral site?

I totally agree Boo Boo is the reason Valley sucks this year. I would take former players that refuse to play for him and I would beat Pikeville by 30. I'm talking about just from this year Emmanuel Newsome 6'4, John Johnson 6'4, Kyle Goodson, Mike Bartley, Donovan Bentley, Colby Newsome, Justin Smith and I could just keep going on an on. This is the reason Valley sucks so much this year is because their best athletes refuse to play the politic game and they all love Rodney Rowe.
Gary Thomas should have played more, but he doesn't kiss Booher's ass so I guess he'll never get to play.
"Nascar99" Wrote:All I can say is congrats to Pikeville, and way to prove me wrong Not much other than that to be said....

Katie Bar the Doors.............Alfus is WRONG............GREAT JOB PIKEVILLE..........i would love to see u n the Sweet 16.............Alfus...i suggest u get yourself a team.....u have jumped from ban wagon to ban wagon all year.......LMFAO.........

I've not jumped the wagon all year..SV is my favorite team, but I'm not crazy about if they win or lose...and I've picked Paintsville to win all season...I dont know how saying congrats to Pikeville is jumping from wagon to wagon....
Ok...The Chosen 1...Which one of these guys are you?? I have only been reading this site for about three weeks now, but you mention those same guys in every thing you post. So, you are either one of them...or dating one of them!!! If they are so great, where are they playing right now??
Congrats Pikeville
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:I totally agree Boo Boo is the reason Valley sucks this year. I would take former players that refuse to play for him and I would beat Pikeville by 30. I'm talking about just from this year Emmanuel Newsome 6'4, John Johnson 6'4, Kyle Goodson, Mike Bartley, Donovan Bentley, Colby Newsome, Justin Smith and I could just keep going on an on. This is the reason Valley sucks so much this year is because their best athletes refuse to play the politic game and they all love Rodney Rowe.

All these kids had to do was what Coach Booher asked them to. BUT they couldn't!! Some of these boys that you mentioned had to be kicked off for "serious" reasons. No coach in America would have kept one of these players you keep bringing up. He made national headlines and no coach could have excused it!! If these kids are so great then they should have played. What point are they trying to prove by not playing high school basketball, which is the greatest time of their life!! The truth is these kids couldn't play by the rules and the current Valley players can. SV lost some very good seniors last year and that is one reason why they did not win the district this year. The other reason is that Pikeville locked them down with an incredible defensive effort and they play harder than anyone in the region. And also, the Pikeville players, school, and community believe in and support their coach. SV should try it sometime because for the last 4 or 5 years everyone just whines and complains about the coaches when they lose. Quit playing the blame game "Chosen 1". Virgie and Dorton always dominate the county in Jr. High then start to drift apart. You better get it together like the maroon has gotten it together or you might have to sit and watch them cut the nets like you did last night for many, many more years to come. Because they beat you last night with a first year coach, 2 freshmen and a sophomore in their lineup down the stretch!!! And then you wonder why (Virgie) people like Todd May and Daniel Harmon want to sit on our bench instead of yours!!
"bball fan" Wrote:All these kids had to do was what Coach Booher asked them to. BUT they couldn't!! Some of these boys that you mentioned had to be kicked off for "serious" reasons. No coach in America would have kept one of these players you keep bringing up. He made national headlines and no coach could have excused it!! If these kids are so great then they should have played. What point are they trying to prove by not playing high school basketball, which is the greatest time of their life!! The truth is these kids couldn't play by the rules and the current Valley players can. SV lost some very good seniors last year and that is one reason why they did not win the district this year. The other reason is that Pikeville locked them down with an incredible defensive effort and they play harder than anyone in the region. And also, the Pikeville players, school, and community believe in and support their coach. SV should try it sometime because for the last 4 or 5 years everyone just whines and complains about the coaches when they lose. Quit playing the blame game "Chosen 1". Virgie and Dorton always dominate the county in Jr. High then start to drift apart. You better get it together like the maroon has gotten it together or you might have to sit and watch them cut the nets like you did last night for many, many more years to come. Because they beat you last night with a first year coach, 2 freshmen and a sophomore in their lineup down the stretch!!! And then you wonder why (Virgie) people like Todd May and Daniel Harmon want to sit on our bench instead of yours!!

If your saying all the players that quit Booher's team, quit because they couldn't cut it for Booher then you need to check your sources again before you post about something you have no idea about. Last time I checked I didn't see anyone of these players names in national headlines, so you have no point there. Harmon went to Pikeville because of Booher, you can admit it or keep telling yourself other wise. Kiser made national headlines last year when he hit a fan, but he still played untill he got kicked off 7 games later which I didn't understand. And oh yea bball fan, if you think everyone on your team is an angel then like I said you need to check your head so don't be a hypocrite. When you have players that do the same things but you just have no idea about it. None of these players got kicked off of SV's team Bball fan they all QUIT!!! If Colby Newsome quits your team you then you have serious issues because Colby would play for almost anyone. SV's JV team 2 years ago was the best JV team in the state, but their senior year none of them are playing expect for the Riddle's, it's called a coaching change. Yea bball fan SV should support their coach and maybe they would win more than 4 Regional titles in 5 years. 3 Regional titles and 1 All A Regional title, all from the Rowe ERA except 1 title. If Rowe was at SV, Pikeville would be getting No Dorton and Virgie talent so you better just thank god they had a coaching change and that your getting these players now. And sorry Harmon isn't that great at basketball.
"PantherPride68" Wrote:As Muhammed Ali once said.
"WE SHOOK UP THE WORLD!!!!"
Ive said all year that Bart has finally brought some excitment back to the B-ball program.With Coach J over football,Bart over B-ball, and Lawson over baseball we have three of the best coaches in the state in each sport.:wenumber1

Thomas is alot better than Williams and McNamee is alot better coach than coach Jackson ever thought about being. Keep wishing Panther Pride.
great game for the Panthers. was expecting it at all
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:If your saying all the players that quit Booher's team, quit because they couldn't cut it for Booher then you need to check your sources again before you post about something you have no idea about. Last time I checked I didn't see anyone of these players names in national headlines, so you have no point there. Harmon went to Pikeville because of Booher, you can admit it or keep telling yourself other wise. Kiser made national headlines last year when he hit a fan, but he still played untill he got kicked off 7 games later which I didn't understand. And oh yea bball fan, if you think everyone on your team is an angel then like I said you need to check your head so don't be a hypocrite. When you have players that do the same things but you just have no idea about it. None of these players got kicked off of SV's team Bball fan they all QUIT!!! If Colby Newsome quits your team you then you have serious issues because Colby would play for almost anyone. SV's JV team 2 years ago was the best JV team in the state, but their senior year none of them are playing expect for the Riddle's, it's called a coaching change. Yea bball fan SV should support their coach and maybe they would win more than 4 Regional titles in 5 years. 3 Regional titles and 1 All A Regional title, all from the Rowe ERA except 1 title. If Rowe was at SV, Pikeville would be getting No Dorton and Virgie talent so you better just thank god they had a coaching change and that your getting these players now. And sorry Harmon isn't that great at basketball.

Chosen1......Harmon is at Pikeville because historically they have a better football and baseball program than Shelby Valley, the sports he is most interested in. The fact that he is playing basketball is just a bonus for Pikeville. You seem to be living in the past...Rowe Era, 1999 District Tourney, etc. Let's move forward Chosen1. And by the way, as far as Harmon not being that great at basketball, well, he looked pretty great hitting those free throws at the end of the game last night!!!
Chosen One, you can keep harping all you want on deaf ears.... But you have to say this, the Panthers are the 2005-2006 District Champions!!!!!! You can SAY you can take the players that wouldnt, (or didnt have the heart) to play for SV this year and beat Pikeville. The facts are, we will never know will we? Any player on Pikeville's team this year has outscored the players you mentioned this season. One of the players mentioned was at the game last night, sitting in the stands watching the game instead of being in it. I guess he was taking mental notes to help him get prepaired for his freshman year of college ball. Pikeville won. Get over who didnt play, or who should have played more, and just admit that last night Pikeville wanted the game more than SV did. So they just took it. Remember, 2005-2006 district champs... PIKEVILLE PANTHERS and Coach Williams all the way!!!!!!!
How did the Adams kid do? Saw in the All "A" that bart started him against S.F. where he should have went and then did not play him in their next game. Think this kid could be a bigtime player but needs to be playing you can not teach hieght and he has it. Also Valley has had a lot of kids quit that night have made the difference but the two teams had a 5 on 5 game and the Panthers came out with a win!
"web-foot woe" Wrote:How did the Adams kid do? Saw in the All "A" that bart started him against S.F. where he should have went and then did not play him in their next game. Think this kid could be a bigtime player but needs to be playing you can not teach hieght and he has it. Also Valley has had a lot of kids quit that night have made the difference but the two teams had a 5 on 5 game and the Panthers came out with a win!
Why should he have went to SF when his parents moved to Pikeville where his mom has worked for 17 years?
congrats pikeville
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:Thomas is alot better than Williams and McNamee is alot better coach than coach Jackson ever thought about being. Keep wishing Panther Pride.
:lol: :lol: Well, on the first part. I think that both of the football coaches know what they are doing and are pretty dang good :thumb:
First of all I would like to say congrats to the Panthers.

Second of all I would like to say congrats to the Pikeville coach. I don't know this man as far as his coaching ability (which must be good) but the kind of person he must be shows through his team. I believe he has taken a team with no self-confidence and has turned them into one heck of a ball team, its shows on the floor that these boys have the self-confidence, the ability and the heart to play ball. You can tell that these boys believe that they can win and will win and I admire any coach that can make his team feel that way. Sometimes all you need is the heart and the love of the game to win and I believe thats way this team is the Champs. Because they came out there and gave it all they had, they wanted, they brought it and they took it home and there is nobody out there that can say this team didn't deserve the win because they shut down the Ridge and Valley. They played harder and with more confidence than these two teams put together. All I can say is Eastridge and Valley better be ready because Pikeville is back and it looks like they mean business. Good luck at Regionals.
"The Chosen 1" Wrote:I totally agree Boo Boo is the reason Valley sucks this year. I would take former players that refuse to play for him and I would beat Pikeville by 30. I'm talking about just from this year Emmanuel Newsome 6'4, John Johnson 6'4, Kyle Goodson, Mike Bartley, Donovan Bentley, Colby Newsome, Justin Smith and I could just keep going on an on. This is the reason Valley sucks so much this year is because their best athletes refuse to play the politic game and they all love Rodney Rowe.
You can not blame this loss on the coach, was you there? did you see valley play, they played like crap. Bryant had I belive 1 point and that was at the FL, and Riddle only had a few points, valley's leading scorers got shut down and that is why they lost. So lets give credit where credit is due Pikeville wanted it more than valley and they took it home.
Well you can say what u want whoever u are...apparently from PIKEVILLE but look who beat.. Paintsville the other night....the only reason y we didnt try to hard defeating u all was because we were a lil cocky and thought we could win. :pirateshoot:.but we didnt...but ahh we brushed our shoulders off and played harder at regionals...looks like weve gone farther than pikeville this year...we actually got through the 1st round! yeah it was awesome and great to win the 59th district :1:..i can understand that...but hey, we cant win every year haha... :clap:

but i do agree, pikeville did try hard that night...but we are...VALLEY! :thumpsup: