Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Carter 49 Morgan County 47 FINAL
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Morgan will be lucky to be a .500 team next season. Nobody to replace McCowan in the middle. MC basketball has had a nice 3 year run, but looks like it's back to average Joe for many years to come.

yeah..and thats what they said about the 2004 squad too..
"madcat23" Wrote:I'm sorry but I have to disagree yellow snow. We have plenty of talent returning next year. We may not win as many games but we will be way better than a .500 club. We have players that have seen some quality minutes coming back like haney, young, montgomery and henderson. We also have young talent like fergueson, harris, may, and barnett. So i think come time to tip off next season we'll be fine.

Congrats to the Cougars on a fine season 22-4. Nothing to hang your head about. You made us proud.

You could be right, madcat23, depending on how difficult next year's schedule is. Haney, Montgomery and Young and possibly Henderson and the kid from Wolfe could be a solid starting group. Barnett shows some promise to back up Haney. Maybe they'll be a bit over .500, but who knows?
Yellow Snow...I am glad you have calmed down from last night's lost...I was a little worried about you after reading some of your posts last night..lol..It was a great season..got me going to games at home and away and have loved every minute of it..
"1on1" Wrote:Yellow Snow...I am glad you have calmed down from last night's lost...I was a little worried about you after reading some of your posts last night..lol..It was a great season..got me going to games at home and away and have loved every minute of it..

True, I've calmed a bit, but blood pressure still in the danger zone...:dangcompu TBH, I saw this coming all weekend and even told a few fans around me after watching both teams warm up we were in big trouble in this one. What ticks me more than anything, and not to take away from a fine West Carter team who was more than prepared to win this one, was the fact the game was ours....all we had to do was play SMART basketall and protect the ball in the final 2 mnutes, but that didn't happen....:dangcompu :dangcompu :dangcompu TongueoliceLig . BTW, the Jones kid was tremendous. Seemed that everything he shot found the bottom of the basket. No doubt a candidate for POY in the 16th. Great players and great teams step it up a notch come tourney time. West Carter did just that and claimed the prize. Congrats to McGlone and the Comets.
congrats to west carter that was one of the best played games i've seen this year.
"ec22fan" Wrote:congrats to west carter that was one of the best played games i've seen this year.

I hope East can do the same thing....:thumb:
Yellow, I thought u said my Vikings wasn't going to make it to region. Well bub you should of been more worried about your Cougars than my Vikings.

Confusederved:
E.V.......been reading your classless, juvennile posts about Morgan's loss over on Baxters. One suggestion: Grow up girl. Congrats on RC's win. No doubt you guys are relieved you didn't have to face Morgan in the district and now in the regional. BTW, didn't Morgan sweep the Vikies this season? Another suggestion: Show some class when you get back on that middle school chat site. You're not setting much of a positive image for RC fans.
Thats not me bub.....Crowdref is an idoiot at our school. Don't go out shooting bullietts in the dark.
you all must be close friends..cuz you both say "bub" an awful lot..
"amishpride" Wrote:you all must be close friends..cuz you both say "bub" an awful lot..

Right you are, amishpride. Seems as if Rowan has a schoolfull of those kind.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Thanx for the great compliments, AshlandTcat06, but I don't share the same optimism for next year's Cougar team as you do. I'd be totally surprised if Morgan is better than a .500 team. 4 senior starters gone from next years squad, including McCowan and I honestly don't see that much talent on the bench coming up. Looks like it's time for the Tomcats to regain the region's throne they once owned.... Maybe Morgan will be back someday to dethrone you guys again, but I just don't see it anytime in the near future. Good luck to the Tomcats.

Morgan does lose a lot from this year, but if I'm correct I believe they lost three 1,000 point scorers from the 2002-2003 season when they reached the region semis. The Cougars didn't have very high expectations in 03-04 but they ended up winning the region. Also, they lost a few good players from last years team and they were still very good this year. Matthew Perry is great at getting players to step it up, and I'm sure once again he'll have Morgan back in the thick of things next year.
yeah..i agree with you..Morgan will be better than most people think..
Morgan may have trouble getting back to the regional tournament for some time to come now since they're in the 62nd district.  No more Menifee and Bath counties.  :no: