Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Carter 49 Morgan County 47 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's a final!
West upsets Morgan 49-47 at Morgan.:omg:
WOW!!!! congrats to WEST!!
Morgan's great season comes to an end at the hands of a gritty, determined West Carter team tonite at Morgan county. It was a 47-47 game with 1:05 to go in the game, Great coaching by West Carter to hold the ball for the last shot or overtime.
Jones had a huge night for West, scored with 4 seconds left to seal the game 49-47.
Huge Upset! Congrats to West Carter and also congrats to Morgan on a fine season.
Morgan had a 5 point lead with 2:27 and possession of the ball and then played some of the stupidest basketball I've seen in a long time. Instead of milking the clock and making West foul, a Cougar player (and I won't mention his name because he had done this previously and almost lost the Boyd Co game) for some unkonwn reason threw up a wild running one handed shot that barely drew iron and West scored immediately to cut it to 3 and Morgan again missfired and West tied it up on a 3 pointer and then went on to win. If Morgan takes care of the basketball and plays 'SMART' basketball, they win....but they didn't. Congrats to West Carter, they were the better and 'smarter' team tonight and they proved they wanted it more.
wow.....this came out of NOWHERE!
One word....Wow!!!! Congrats to W. Carter and good luck next season to the Cougars.
Morgan will be lucky to be a .500 team next season. Nobody to replace McCowan in the middle. MC basketball has had a nice 3 year run, but looks like it's back to average Joe for many years to come.
Big time upset but this can always be expected at this time of year.
Great win West!
Morgan simply had no answer what-so-ever for Jones of West Carter.
I think he finished with 24 points. West did a good job on Morgans' big man down low. Physical game! West played with a lay-it-all on the line attitude and took it from Morgan at home. They were like bunch of hornets, kept on comming and wouldn't go away. Someone should have put Jones of West Cater in the "Who's the best player in the 16th region poll" Tonite, He would have been.
Jones had 27 and West only had 4 turnovers. Played almost the 'perfect' game. Hats off to them. They deserved the win and Morgan didn't.....plain and simple. Goes to show what happens when you don't come with your 'A' game during district time. Morgan left their's in the locker room.
Unbelievable!
Most Morgan fans are shaking their heads like alfus's ape...unbelieveable that Morgan didn't come more prepared for West and Jones.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Morgan will be lucky to be a .500 team next season. Nobody to replace McCowan in the middle. MC basketball has had a nice 3 year run, but looks like it's back to average Joe for many years to come.

McCowan is irreplaceable, but I think Morgan will be fine next year. Haney returns amongst others, and with as good of a coaching job as Perry has done there, I'm sure he will find someone there to step it up.

As for the game, all I can say is wow. I'll admit that I never expected this. Congrats to the Morgan County Cougars on a great season, and congrats to West Carter on a huge victory. It's disappointing to see these Morgan County seniors go, they are a great bunch of kids. I wish the best of luck to the Morgan County seniors as they move on.
congrats west carter
What does Morgan have coming back next year?? Key Players??
Wow I just can't belive this score!!! I thought Morgan Co. would be going all the way this year.They came to SC earlier this season and beat us pretty good.Congrats to West Carter on their victory and also to Morgan Co. on a great regular season.This is the time of the year when crazy things start to happen in baketball.I hope the good Lord answers my prayers and smiles on us when we play JC WED. night in the 57th District Tourney !!!!! :beg:
"AshlandTcat06" Wrote:McCowan is irreplaceable, but I think Morgan will be fine next year. Haney returns amongst others, and with as good of a coaching job as Perry has done there, I'm sure he will find someone there to step it up.

As for the game, all I can say is wow. I'll admit that I never expected this. Congrats to the Morgan County Cougars on a great season, and congrats to West Carter on a huge victory. It's disappointing to see these Morgan County seniors go, they are a great bunch of kids. I wish the best of luck to the Morgan County seniors as they move on.

Thanx for the great compliments, AshlandTcat06, but I don't share the same optimism for next year's Cougar team as you do. I'd be totally surprised if Morgan is better than a .500 team. 4 senior starters gone from next years squad, including McCowan and I honestly don't see that much talent on the bench coming up. Looks like it's time for the Tomcats to regain the region's throne they once owned.... Maybe Morgan will be back someday to dethrone you guys again, but I just don't see it anytime in the near future. Good luck to the Tomcats.
This is a huge shocker. I figured I'd see Morgan County in the Sweet Sixteen. But outstanding season by the Cougars, next year I think will be a rebuilding season. Coach Perry will have them ready to go I'm sure.
unbelieve is right ....congrats West Carter
Holy Smoke! Congrats West Carter, and condolences to the Cougar fathful. I know this will be a wake up call to alot of top ranked teams. Great season good luck in the future.
West Carter good luck in those slippers your wearing. Keep it going.
WOW i bet that gym was goin crazy
Congrats
"Blackcat75" Wrote:WOW i bet that gym was goin crazy
Congrats

It was when Morgan was up 45 - 40 with just over 2 minutes to play....loud and frenzy.... but then the bonhead syndrome kicked in on the Morgan squad creating stupid, unnecesary shots and they squandered away the lead and it got silent all of a sudden, especially at the end of the game except for the West Carter faithful celebrating. The stunned Morgan crowd, about 1200, just stood and looked at each other.
What happen Snowman? I'm baffled? Sounds like alot of mistakes down the stretch.
"Nike Man" Wrote:What happen Snowman? I'm baffled? Sounds like alot of mistakes down the stretch.

Mistakes? That's an understatement. Morgan had the game in hand, leading 45-40 with just over 2 minutes to play and possession of the ball. Insted of milking the clock and make West put you at the freethrow line, what did Morgan do?? Started jacking up crazy off balanced shots. West rebounded, converted on the other end and the rest is history. Dumbest thing I've seen in some time..at least since the Boyd game anyway. I'm ticked to say the least that Morgan 'handed' the game to West.....and yes, I do blame Perry for some of this. Should have prepared his team for 'end of the game situations' when you have the lead. Did I mention that I was ticked?? :redboxer:
:omg: :omg: :omg: :yikes: :yikes: :eek: What an upset! Congats to WC! They don't call it March madness for nothin'! ( even though it's still Feb. LOL)
Sound pretty hot. Hang in there buddy. Perry and his assistants could get a movie deal out of this if they play their cards right. The movie titled "Dumb and Dumber in West Liberty" lol....
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Mistakes? That's an understatement. Morgan had the game in hand, leading 45-40 with just over 2 minutes to play and possession of the ball. Insted of milking the clock and make West put you at the freethrow line, what did Morgan do?? Started jacking up crazy off balanced shots. West rebounded, converted on the other end and the rest is history. Dumbest thing I've seen in some time..at least since the Boyd game anyway. I'm ticked to say the least that Morgan 'handed' the game to West.....and yes, I do blame Perry for some of this. Should have prepared his team for 'end of the game situations' when you have the lead. Did I mention that I was ticked?? :redboxer:

Yellow Snow.

Give it up you sound like an idiot. You don't know the first thing about this game. How can you blame Perry? He prepares his kids as good as any coach can. What do you want him to do go and shoot the ball and play for them. Somethings you can't coach. Sometimes your kids have to know what to do. SO pleas before blamming the only reason Morgan has had success think about it.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Morgan will be lucky to be a .500 team next season. Nobody to replace McCowan in the middle. MC basketball has had a nice 3 year run, but looks like it's back to average Joe for many years to come.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree yellow snow. We have plenty of talent returning next year. We may not win as many games but we will be way better than a .500 club. We have players that have seen some quality minutes coming back like haney, young, montgomery and henderson. We also have young talent like fergueson, harris, may, and barnett. So i think come time to tip off next season we'll be fine.

Congrats to the Cougars on a fine season 22-4. Nothing to hang your head about. You made us proud.
Wow! Who would have thought this would have happened?

Now who is the favorite to win the region?:omg:
Pages: 1 2