Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 45 Johnson Central 42
D IT UP Wrote:Referring to an above poster who brought up the 57th district which last time I checked, Sheldon Clark's participates in. So chill out and don't get so bent over a loss to Magoffin.
If you will notice, the post that you are quoting me from, was directed at cricketbed, not you. I have no kids in the Johnson County or Paintsville school system. I'm just pointing out that anytime a thread is started to discuss two schools, somebody always comes in and screws up the thread by adding another school to the discussion, that isn't even named in the thread. When there is a thread about Sheldon Clark, we will discuss Sheldon Clark.
Big Road Win for Mafoffin County on the road !! The Hornets travel to Paintsville next.
Anyone that thinks SC will go through this district without a loss has never watched basketball in this district. They will lose to someone in the district.

As for JC they have alot of talent but there are alot of other things goin on with that bunch.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Anyone that thinks SC will go through this district without a loss has never watched basketball in this district. They will lose to someone in the district.

As for JC they have alot of talent but there are alot of other things goin on with that bunch.
Maybe you should worry about your own "bunch" than worrying if JC has a lot of talent or not.The best thing about JC is they are young and eager to learn.And like Paintsville they have one of the best young coaches in the mountains to lead them.The only thing i would say is for both schools to let these young guys coach and figure it out on their own.Watching both i think they know what it takes to win.
We are 2-1. Why do some people feel the need to blast this team 96 minutes into the season. People need to remember that we have 2 kids with varsity experience, Shane Hall and Matt Gallagher. We have two seniors in B.J. Blackburn and Chad Collins that have only had mop up minutes until this year but have hung in there for three years and are busting their butts this year. We also have James Chaffin who is a senior who is out for the first year. We have six other sophmores that have little or no varsity experience, Slade McPeek, Trevor Sherman, Braxton Hensley, Brent Gooding, Nick McKenzie and Tyler Compton. Add four freshmen in Braxton Blair, Truman Salyer, Dalton Adkins and Kyle Gullett who all all going to be impact players when they get experience and the future looks good. This is a team that is definitly going to be a lot better as the season progresses.
RIPKIN Wrote:Maybe you should worry about your own "bunch" than worrying if JC has a lot of talent or not.The best thing about JC is they are young and eager to learn.And like Paintsville they have one of the best young coaches in the mountains to lead them.The only thing i would say is for both schools to let these young guys coach and figure it out on their own.Watching both i think they know what it takes to win.

Why is it that everyone has to be so defensive , it's high school sports !! BTW, How long does a system (school) need to give a young coach to prove his abilities ?? do you think 5 years is good ?? or should we wait 5 more ?? In No way directed at you , just your post.
EYESPYJC Wrote:Why is it that everyone has to be so defensive , it's high school sports !! BTW, How long does a system (school) need to give a young coach to prove his abilities ?? do you think 5 years is good ?? or should we wait 5 more ?? In No way directed at you , just your post.
It does take several years to have winning programs in every sport.I sure dont want to see what happened to Kinner happen to Ratliff.That was a shame and you have to even admit that.When coaches stick around espically young coaches things starting coming together.Thats how winning teams happen.And i understand your viewpoint too.
I completely agree with you Thomcat, people seem to be critical of JC awful early in the season. Give these coaches and these boys time and they will be fine. Also, to the person that said something was going on with this team, you are right. It is youth and inexperience. This team is young, talented, and work their butts off. They like each other, play team ball, and know how to win. The past two eighth grade teams came in second in their respective state tournments. Magoffon had much more experience and yet won only on a last second shot. Both teams played hard but JC has much more room to grow and they will. They will. This year, I believe will be good but I also believe it is only a preview of what is to come in the next two to three years. I can't say enough about the three seniors, they have a huge resposibility and are doing a great job. They are learning roles themselves while still providing the leadership needed for this young team.
What out guys. This is a MC/JC thread!! The realville will get u.
The talent pool at Johnson Central is 2nd to none in the 14th-16th regions. It's the one school that another coach(exception-Haywood) leaves in a heartbeat to accept a job for any of their three major sports. I would think a new coach is expected to win right away at JC and definitely by year two with major improvements; this has not been accomplished by the present regime. IMO, if Tommy wasn't a homeboy then he would already be gone. With that said, I wish nothing but the best for him as a coach because he's a good dude and you always pull for the good guys.