Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central vs Jaysean
sportsman1 Wrote:i dont think perry is doing so great in the region right know because they barley bet powell and powell only better jackson city buy 4, and cordia bet jackson city by 42 and i think cordia could bet perry central

:Shaking:

By the way, congrats on your sixth post.
sportsman1 Wrote:i dont think perry is doing so great in the region right know because they barley bet powell and powell only better jackson city buy 4, and cordia bet jackson city by 42 and i think cordia could bet perry central
Hey, I feel you man, I had a barley bet once, ended up fathering a child out of that deal.
When is Jaysean going to play? Why is the KHSAA taking so long?? They should have all the info they need, since it has already been presented to the hearing judge. Julian needs to say either yes or no and let this kid get on with his life. Quit acting like the NCAA, who stretches everything out as long as they can, like they did with Kanter.

I'm not a PCC fan, but this is ridiculous.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:When is Jaysean going to play? Why is the KHSAA taking so long?? They should have all the info they need, since it has already been presented to the hearing judge. Julian needs to say either yes or no and let this kid get on with his life. Quit acting like the NCAA, who stretches everything out as long as they can, like they did with Kanter.

I'm not a PCC fan, but this is ridiculous.

^agreed!! Im just really tired of even talking about this issue. The khsaa and the commissioner is a complete joke. I would be ashamed of myself. This has become a political circus and the commisioner is the ring leader. What a joke!!!! Never in all my days seen anything close to this. This is nothing but khsaa giving in to the politics. They have found NO doing in this situation and still they hold this kid out from playing. It may not mean much to anyone on here but means a ton to this kid. I have lost ALL respect for ALL the ppl involved in this decision making process. They are holding out on this kid for no reason........
The judge ruled on this November 21st. They had 15 days from then. 15 days from the 21st was the 6th. Is there any news?
geauxtigers75 Wrote:The judge ruled on this November 21st. They had 15 days from then. 15 days from the 21st was the 6th. Is there any news?

Could be 15 business days which would be about December 15th, not counting days for Thanksgiving break, for a ruling. But I also saw where someone had posted where they were not going to rule on it until their next scheduled meeting sometime in the middle of January. I am getting the impression he is not going to be eligible due to dragging it out like this, kind of like Kanter at UK. Perry should just assume he is not gonna be eligible and play with what they have and get better. I would be suprised if the Board reverses their decision and declares him eligible after they have already ruled him to be ineligible a few weeks ago.
CuJo Wrote:Could be 15 business days which would be about December 15th, not counting days for Thanksgiving break, for a ruling. But I also saw where someone had posted where they were not going to rule on it until their next scheduled meeting sometime in the middle of January. I am getting the impression he is not going to be eligible due to dragging it out like this, kind of like Kanter at UK. Perry should just assume he is not gonna be eligible and play with what they have and get better. I would be suprised if the Board reverses their decision and declares him eligible after they have already ruled him to be ineligible a few weeks ago.

If they rule him ineligible again it kind of makes it senseless for the KHSAA to even have a hearing judge. What's the purpose?
The parties involved probably provided the same information the first time to the KHSAA, then the identical info the second time to the hearing judge, with the KHSAA now looking at the same stuff for the third time. Why waste the time and effort of a judge if they're not going to use his recommendation?
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:If they rule him ineligible again it kind of makes it senseless for the KHSAA to even have a hearing judge. What's the purpose?
The parties involved probably provided the same information the first time to the KHSAA, then the identical info the second time to the hearing judge, with the KHSAA now looking at the same stuff for the third time. Why waste the time and effort of a judge if they're not going to use his recommendation?

True, but it is more likely for a judge to be biased towards a school or have so called friends from a school making phone calls to him for favors. Atleast a board panel consists of several people to vote on it. Has there has ever been a case in which the judge says eligible and the KHSAA says ineligible?
CuJo Wrote:True, but it is more likely for a judge to be biased towards a school or have so called friends from a school making phone calls to him for favors. Atleast a board panel consists of several people to vote on it. Has there has ever been a case in which the judge says eligible and the KHSAA says ineligible?
I'm not sure about your last question. That would be interesting to know.

It just seems to me like the hearing judge is a waste of time. If he/she rules in favor of eligibilty, then all the Board has to say is, "Well, you're just one person making a decision, we're several people on a board panel so we've decided not to accept the ruling of one person.

Hearing Judge= :Thumbs: KHSAA=Confusedleep:
Here's something to consider about the KHSAA. They are made up of and from member schools. It's totally voluntary and you agree by applying for admission to abide by their bylaws. Of course, you're over a barrel because if you want to play, and if you want to participate in the post-season, you have to belong to the organization. And sadly, the organization is governed by people who are elected by those member schools. Now, with that said, just like any other elected spot, there are schools (members) with more influence than others. Usually the squeaky wheels get greased. Total manure that the organization has virtually no oversight. Here's the problem, who is it that governs them? There are those in the legistlature who are fed up with the actions of the organization, but they have other fish to fry that put $ in their pockets. Surely there would be a Don Quixote out there who would be willing to agree to a windmill crusade for reform. That would take someone of elected position in our state's legislature to make any significant difference. No checks and balances for that organization. Don't be fooled by those who are on the board of controls who would tell you otherwise. Nothing but talking heads. Our state's organization is this generations version of the Jewish additions to the Sabbath over 2000 years ago. Silly, totally.
I wish for one that they'd make a blanket standard, you get one move in your hs career. That's it. Otherwise, you have to sit a year. Plain and simple.

actually powell beat jackson city by 25 an it coulda been way worse if not for foul trouble on powell an them playing the jv team most of the 4th quarter lol. this post makes me :lmao:
I think a lot of this with Jaysean stuff has been swept under the rug..
I just don't see why he isn't playing now or why word hasn't been brought up..
Don't think he will be in a PCC uni' this year..
[quote=Trouble]Here's something to consider about the KHSAA. They are made up of and from member schools. It's totally voluntary and you agree by applying for admission to abide by their bylaws. Of course, you're over a barrel because if you want to play, and if you want to participate in the post-season, you have to belong to the organization. And sadly, the organization is governed by people who are elected by those member schools. Now, with that said, just like any other elected spot, there are schools (members) with more influence than others. Usually the squeaky wheels get greased. Total manure that the organization has virtually no oversight. Here's the problem, who is it that governs them? There are those in the legistlature who are fed up with the actions of the organization, but they have other fish to fry that put $ in their pockets. Surely there would be a Don Quixote out there who would be willing to agree to a windmill crusade for reform. That would take someone of elected position in our state's legislature to make any significant difference. No checks and balances for that organization. Don't be fooled by those who are on the board of controls who would tell you otherwise. Nothing but talking heads. Our state's organization is this generations version of the Jewish additions to the Sabbath over 2000 years ago. Silly, totally.
I wish for one that they'd make a blanket standard, you get one move in your hs career. That's it. Otherwise, you have to sit a year. Plain and simple.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%. I dont understand how a organization can be so inconsistent. It floors me that the paige kid can sit here for 4 months in limbo wondering if he can play and the kid from SL transfers to hhs last week and plays within 7 days. Not knocking hhs but the khsaa. I really wish the decisions were truly base on the kids situation and not whats most popular for favor with voters. If anyone knows the situation with the Nick Noble kid that transferred from Breathitt to Owsley they would understand that the KHSAA does not base their decision on whats right.
The problem started with your first "transfer". I used quotation marks because it is bogus. The state of Kentucky is so caught up in their basketball pride, or whatever you wish to call it, you have blurred the lines of the what is realistic. Admit that Jaysean's mother didn't "find" a job in Kentucky...who would leave NYC for a coal job. It is so far fetched it is absurd. My child knows him so we know the move is totally fabricated. I am sure J and his family were told the most positive of stories about why the move should take place......D1 scholarships, job...etc. At this point, the state of Kentucky owes him eligibility. He, and his family also need a reality check and realize that above all else, there is more to life than basketball.
Someone is upset
Sure, whatever you say, hillbilly
Irish Wrote:Sure, whatever you say, hillbilly

LOL..Don't be mad because your key to competing this year is in Ky pal. Have fun with your average season.
Well, that hasn't happened just yet, so we'll stay tuned.
braxton + jayesean = alot of wins!