Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deleted post
torQQue Wrote:I got busy with coaching C and B team football this year and it completely slipped my mind.

I am going to work on this right now.

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
vundy33 Wrote:The glory days were awesome.

And yeah, I was serious. A couple mods being smartasses over little stuff and then ignoring 10x more serious stuff that is against the same rule I got messaged about is just getting old.

I'd love for QQ or Midee to lay down a clear set of rules. I don't care what they are, they just need to be clear so we don't have Mods enforcing different stuff and everyone is on the same page when it comes to what we can say and what we can't say.
They are clear. You can curse all you want, just don't direct it into a personal assault against another person. I can not say to you personally, that "you are an effin idiot(just an example, you know I don't think this way, lol) ", but, in theory, I could say " this site effin,effin effin effin effin effin rocks", and it would be legal. Not smart, or in anyone's best interest, but legal nonetheless.
I have implemented an option that allows for a user to enable or disable the profanity filter. Click the link below that is posted in FAQ for more details on how to ENABLE or DISABLE. Let me know, if you find any problems or find any profanity that is not filtered. We can always add new words to be filtered.

Enable or Disable Word Censorship. Details inside.

torQQue Wrote:I have implemented an option that allows for a user to enable or disable the profanity filter. Click the link below that is posted in FAQ for more details on how to ENABLE or DISABLE. Let me know, if you find any problems or find any profanity that is not filtered. We can always add new words to be filtered.

Can this be changed in the same place in my admin panel that it has always been?
TheRealVille Wrote:They are clear. You can curse all you want, just don't direct it into a personal assault against another person. I can not say to you personally, that "you are an effin idiot(just an example, you know I don't think this way, lol) ", but, in theory, I could say " this site effin,effin effin effin effin effin rocks", and it would be legal. Not smart, or in anyone's best interest, but legal nonetheless.

They aren't easy to find, and obviously you've not dealt with any Mods literally going Barney style and losing it over the word "dumbass", but skip over something like you mentioned.

I'm not saying it's against the rules or if it should be or not, I just don't like that kind of cussing on the forum and it usually just ruins discussions because it pisses people off. My opinion on the matter.

We all know I curse, alot, it's part of me and the environment I'm in..but I don't cuss in public for the most part, at least not F/GD because people just don't want to hear it so much. Now, if something happens like yesterday, where this stupid 400-pound fatty throws his Pepsi on a girl working the register thing at McDonalds, I will use those words before my fists, of course. It's called violence of action...IMO, you only escalate an argument if it needs to be escalated, and there's not alot of arguments on BGR that require that. lol.

I kind of look at BGR as the public and generally treat it the same when it comes to how I talk to people I like and don't like, and how I use language. I think it's cowardly to chill behind a computer and use language like that when it's not needed and stuff like that.

Just my thoughts. I think most can agree with that. Common courtesy is cool, dudes.
torQQue Wrote:I have implemented an option that allows for a user to enable or disable the profanity filter. Click the link below that is posted in FAQ for more details on how to ENABLE or DISABLE. Let me know, if you find any problems or find any profanity that is not filtered. We can always add new words to be filtered.

That was quick. Cool.
Hahahahahhahaha, damn computer wizard.

Ask and you shall receive.
vundy33 Wrote:They aren't easy to find, and obviously you've not dealt with any Mods literally going Barney style and losing it over the word "dumbass", but skip over something like you mentioned.

I'm not saying it's against the rules or if it should be or not, I just don't like that kind of cussing on the forum and it usually just ruins discussions because it pisses people off. My opinion on the matter.

We all know I curse, alot, it's part of me and the environment I'm in..but I don't cuss in public for the most part, at least not F/GD because people just don't want to hear it so much. Now, if something happens like yesterday, where this stupid 400-pound fatty throws his Pepsi on a girl working the register thing at McDonalds, I will use those words before my fists, of course. It's called violence of action...IMO, you only escalate an argument if it needs to be escalated, and there's not alot of arguments on BGR that require that. lol.

I kind of look at BGR as the public and generally treat it the same when it comes to how I talk to people I like and don't like, and how I use language. I think it's cowardly to chill behind a computer and use language like that when it's not needed and stuff like that.

Just my thoughts. I think most can agree with that. Common courtesy is cool, dudes.
Oh yea, I agree. casbo was just pointing out that mods no longer have the power to make judgements on those type words, and according to the rules he is right. Fball admitted that he was the one deleting the posts, and if his tag is right, he is just a moderator, and doesn't have the power to "clean it up a little bit", as he said. I totally agree about being in bad taste to curse, but it isn't against any rules to where he had the right to delete them. I think that is where csabo was going with his posts about deleting.

Oh yea, I've dealt with one "barney style". I got an infraction from one that isn't with us anymore, because I disagreed with her on politics about religion in school.
vundy33 Wrote:I kind of look at BGR as the public and generally treat it the same when it comes to how I talk to people I like and don't like, and how I use language. I think it's cowardly to chill behind a computer and use language like that when it's not needed and stuff like that.

:betterthanexpected:
TheRealVille Wrote:Oh yea, I agree. casbo was just pointing out that mods no longer have the power to make judgements on those type words, and according to the rules he is right. Fball admitted that he was the one deleting the posts, and if his tag is right, he is just a moderator, and doesn't have the power to "clean it up a little bit", as he said. I totally agree about being in bad taste to curse, but it isn't against any rules to where he had the right to delete them. I think that is where csabo was going with his posts about deleting.

I think that's what Csabo was trying to say too, lol...he just has the funniest way ever of saying it.

Open discussion about problems or anything else that someone has a problem with is always good and it avoids a big blow up like we've experienced before.
TheRealVille Wrote:Oh yea, I agree. casbo was just pointing out that mods no longer have the power to make judgements on those type words, and according to the rules he is right. Fball admitted that he was the one deleting the posts, and if his tag is right, he is just a moderator, and doesn't have the power to "clean it up a little bit", as he said. I totally agree about being in bad taste to curse, but it isn't against any rules to where he had the right to delete them. I think that is where csabo was going with his posts about deleting.

Oh yea, I've dealt with one "barney style". I got an infraction from one that isn't with us anymore, because I disagreed with her on politics about religion in school.
I got that part wrong after looking back at the infraction. It was about disagreeing with her on the subject of coal. Sorry, I tried to edit it, but ran out of time.
TheRealVille Wrote:I got that part wrong after looking back at the infraction. It was about disagreeing with her on the subject of coal. Sorry, I tried to edit it, but ran out of time.

Yep. Haha, I use that term to describe someone who can't understand simple instructions or just anything I'm trying to say. I love it.

Yeah, I know what you mean...I got one for taking up for ole' Bushy. Hahahaha.
All this because FBALL deleted a post?

My guess was he was just being his normal grumpous self and having a bad day. Big Grin
I had to have BGR's back, lol.
^We are glad you did. lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
EKUAlum05 Wrote:All this because FBALL deleted a post?

My guess was he was just being his normal grumpous self and having a bad day. Big Grin
You know,.......come to think of it, he has been pissed since Billy Clyde got fired.:biggrin:
Damn, ya'll bitch too much. Boohoo, my post got deleted. Boohoo someone said a bad word. Every one of you all act like you're 10. Grow up. If you don't like what someone says, don't read it. It's a message board. No one is forcing you to read it. End of story.
^ Stop complaining about the bitching. If not for this site, no one else would listen to our bitching! Story is back open!!!
I can pee farther than you can, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm surprised someone hasn't tested the filter. Confusednicker:
BCF4L Wrote:Damn, ya'll bitch too much. Boohoo, my post got deleted. Boohoo someone said a bad word. Every one of you all act like you're 10. Grow up. If you don't like what someone says, don't read it. It's a message board. No one is forcing you to read it. End of story.

THe word Censor does work. If only it would block out everything u try to say.
GD should never be used period. Not in public not on this site. If you have a word filter it should just be filtered out period. There is no place in this world you should use God's name in vein.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:THe word Censor does work. If only it would block out everything u try to say.
:moon: Lick it. Right square in the middle.
BCF4L Wrote::moon: Lick it. Right square in the middle.

Bet you told your boyfriend that a few times.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Bet you told your boyfriend that a few times.
Didn't have to. He automatically knew to do it, actually.
BCF4L Wrote:Didn't have to. He automatically knew to do it, actually.

:please: You know u showed him how u like it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote::please: You know u showed him how u like it.
Well yeah, what baby wants, baby gets.
Well that's an interesting exchange. :hilarious:
^
Im scared to ask....