Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg - 53 Betsy Layne - 14
heritage Wrote:no one said bl was a pburg,hazard ,,,,and if you are a pburg fan you cant tell me you were not sweating just a little after the first quarter.bl proved thay can play for a while,just not much depth.really impresed with the direction the program is going at bl. and for pburgs run d, if it dosn,t improve thay wount go any farther in the playoffs than bl. congrats blackcats on the win, congrats bobcats on showing it wount be long.

I don't think it's as much lack of depth as it is experience and not-yet-at-the-highest conditioning among all players (but LIGHT-YEARS better than years before).

Looking forward to see what the Bobcats put on the field next year now that they have strong coaching. Also, BL players are getting a taste of the fruits of what off-season conditioning does on the field. That kind of positive reinforcement is a foundation of sustained competitiveness on the field.

:popcorn:
Congrats to my Blackcats!! Good showing on offense by Jamerson, Crisp, Collins, and Williams. To the entire defense after the 1st quarter great job (still need some work on wrapping up).
To the Bobcats, i would have to say good job first half. Your program has come a long way & is most definitely headed in the right direction. #22 Hall was a beast running the ball tonight. Very hard runner with speed & difficult to bring down 1 on 1 in the open field.

Lets get ready for the bulldogs next week. Good luck on the season Betsy Layne.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg come out flat on defense in the first half and really missed Garner on the defensive line. Offense played pretty good as they didn't have any long drives as all touchdowns where on big plays. Jamerson, Collins and Crisp played really well tonight for Prestonsburg.

Was impressed with #22 for Betsy Layne as he was elusive and made it hard for many Blackcats to make the tackle in one-on-one situations.

I'm really worried about our run defense, as the Blackcats have been shredded on the ground this season. A lot of our guys get to the runner in the backfield, but they seem to always miss the tackle.

Offense is looking really good right now through the air and I'd like to see us throw more out of the heavy jet formation. Doesn't give the defenses a chance to zone against Prestonsburg and makes them have to rely on man and that will play into Crisp's and the receivers advantage.

Congrats Blackcats... Keep your head up Bobcats!

:Thumbs: Well said.
This game has proven that BL is capable of being a dangerous team. With Jarrell back in the line up who do you key on now as far as the running game goes? Austin Hall made a name for himself last night. Even if the score would have been 100 to 14 you can't deny that Hall Imposed his will on the Blackcat defensive line carrying 2, 3, and even 4 defenders for 3 and 4 yards. Dylan Hamilton looked pretty good in the passing game in the first half also. It's going to make the Bobcats hard to defend from here on out if they utilize their personnel to their benefit.

Although this will cause a stink and get BL (as well as myself) bashed; I can't help but to say that I was impressed with BL but as impressed as I was with them I was that unimpressed with Pburg. Yes they are better than B.L. but they are no where near the team I thought they would be, even without a couple of players.
prestonsburg had to do something.especially after them Belfry boys come down there and show them how football is played in kentucky.
jbhatfield Wrote:prestonsburg had to do something.especially after them Belfry boys come down there and show them how football is played in kentucky.

And since you apparently don't know it, Belfry's coach is a former Prestonsburg player and Prestonsburg coach before he went to Belfry. Evidently someone from Prestonsburg was needed to teach Belfry how football is played in Kentucky. :hilarious:
I gotta say the game started out a battle and thought it was gonna go score for score there for a min. But due to mental errors and the Bobcats just not having the same fire in the second half like they started with. But also gotta say #6 jamerson really impressed me young has talent and will go places. Nonetheless Bobcats I believe that may be the only loss in this season, Concentrate on stopping the RB from SV and then Lesile co we still could run back upon P-brug if we do it right hope to see blackcats in playoffs now that would be some good game........... Congrats to both sides and #6 Jamerson also gret game to Austin Hall #22 Keep on kepping on young men.....
MtnHSFootballFan Wrote:And since you apparently don't know it, Belfry's coach is a former Prestonsburg player and Prestonsburg coach before he went to Belfry. Evidently someone from Prestonsburg was needed to teach Belfry how football is played in Kentucky. :hilarious:
Confusederved:
heritage Wrote:it didnt look like it was very hard for hall to carry 2 blackcat defenders all over the field, through ankel deep mud the first half. and for the mud ,parsons is tight with some real high people ,he can make it rain.:lmao: lol.

Adam Crisp can make it rain too. Ask the Betsy Layne secondary! Confusedhh:
theres more than 2 seniors?
well i didn't see any 70 points? and i dont think i saw a running clock by the second half?
-hard for me to say good game when u get beat by 30pts. so good 1st quarter.

-congrats austin hall and dylan watson. watson played hard on D.
-Pburg won by getting off the bus, due to confidence and well, being better.

-and even if jarrell was playing there would be a NEGATIVE effect on bl. minus his penalty yards from rushing yards, lmao hed have no yards on the season. he probobly wouldve got kicked out of this game, from hitting his cousin. jarred.

-i do have a great question though, why can bl gradeschool beat adams(pburg) hazard, jc, and every other team that goes into hs good, and bl all of a sudden gets terrible????:flame:
that jarrell kidd must be something special to have not even played in a game and still get all this attention!
BL fans can say all they want to, but my goodness, the final score isnt close. Not sure why BL fans would want to meet P-Burg in the playoffs.....complete disaster for BL, imo. If you couldnt handle them in the regular season, playoff football is on a whole different level than reg. season.
truthbetold Wrote:-hard for me to say good game when u get beat by 30pts. so good 1st quarter.

-congrats austin hall and dylan watson. watson played hard on D.
-Pburg won by getting off the bus, due to confidence and well, being better.

-and even if jarrell was playing there would be a NEGATIVE effect on bl. minus his penalty yards from rushing yards, lmao hed have no yards on the season. he probobly wouldve got kicked out of this game, from hitting his cousin. jarred.

-i do have a great question though, why can bl gradeschool beat adams(pburg) hazard, jc, and every other team that goes into hs good, and bl all of a sudden gets terrible????:flame:

I know this is not about Adams and BLES but just exactly how many times has BLES beat Adams in the last 5 or 6 years. Please let thetruthbetold
Rivalrat Wrote:I know this is not about Adams and BLES but just exactly how many times has BLES beat Adams in the last 5 or 6 years. Please let thetruthbetold

Twice...:1: and with most of the players that are on the varsity now...just sayin! Most thought it couldnt be done.
BLE has lost the last two years, but before that, Coach Spencer and Coach Wise beat them twice. Sorry but BLE only won county twice. And those kids are soph., give this team time they will get better and who knows.
Time to move on!!!!
i think if they meet again it will be a much closer game