Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg - 53 Betsy Layne - 14
Final.
Congrats Blackcats. Keep your heads up BL.
congrats to P-burg
BL gave up after they got down..
Congrats PBurg on the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BL is better than what I thought. I know this was a lopsided score but they played Pburg tough as nails for a half.
::Famous:: Wrote:BL gave up after they got down..

It kind of makes it hard to win if you quit, doesn't it?
This stings for the Bobcats
In response to watching this game:
-BL is better than what I and/or a lot of others thought they are
-Jamerson didn't rest much in the first 3 quarters (all I stayed for). As he was much needed on the field (4 or more tds I believe). So, yeah he was needed
- BL should've come out of the "lockerroom" at halftime with more fire
- BL's defense looked good the first half
- Kory Jarrell would have made an impact if he had played this game (took some of the carries off of Hall, which played a helluva game. Good Game Young man). He may not have affected the outcome, but he would've made a difference IMO.
- I WAS not as impressed with Pburg as I thought I'd be. Good Game nonetheless.
- Prayers and thoughts to the BL player that got injured at the end of the 2nd
Good Luck on the rest of the season...........the two may meet again in the playoffs
I watched The first part of this game and thought BL was gonna pull it out. They played tough. Just to much talent on the field. I didnt see anything after the first quarter though.
Prestonsburg come out flat on defense in the first half and really missed Garner on the defensive line. Offense played pretty good as they didn't have any long drives as all touchdowns where on big plays. Jamerson, Collins and Crisp played really well tonight for Prestonsburg.

Was impressed with #22 for Betsy Layne as he was elusive and made it hard for many Blackcats to make the tackle in one-on-one situations.

I'm really worried about our run defense, as the Blackcats have been shredded on the ground this season. A lot of our guys get to the runner in the backfield, but they seem to always miss the tackle.

Offense is looking really good right now through the air and I'd like to see us throw more out of the heavy jet formation. Doesn't give the defenses a chance to zone against Prestonsburg and makes them have to rely on man and that will play into Crisp's and the receivers advantage.

Congrats Blackcats... Keep your head up Bobcats!
Good job Blackcats. Not surprised by this score.
I don't think that the score showed the true game that was played tonight. Betsy Layne gave Pburg all they wanted in the first half even without Kory. If Kory had only gotten to play defense the long passes that Pburg scored on would not have happened. Second half, another defensive player was out due to injury. Bobcat have the talent and the coaching ability to do great things this year. Austin Hall was a beast in this game.
Congrats Prestonsburg and also, congrats Betsy Layne.

Betsy Layne played this Pburg team tough and I mean tough in the first half! Blackcats were shell shocked, Betsy Layne drove the ball right down the field and scored. But mental errors and losing your man on defense (#6 mostly) was the defeat for the Bobcats!

And for you people who said running clock in the first half? Yeah, that didn't happen. The score at the half was 24-14 Prestonsburg. And also, you all who said Jamerson would not be needed? He had 5 or 6 touchdowns. Without him, Bobcats win.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Congrats Prestonsburg and also, congrats Betsy Layne.

Betsy Layne played this Pburg team tough and I mean tough in the first half! Blackcats were shell shocked, Betsy Layne drove the ball right down the field and scored. But mental errors and losing your man on defense (#6 mostly) was the defeat for the Bobcats!

And for you people who said running clock in the first half? Yeah, that didn't happen. The score at the half was 18-14 Prestonsburg. And also, you all who said Jamerson would not be needed? He had 5 or 6 touchdowns. Without him, Bobcats win.

Let's be honest, it was clear who the better team was tonight. Betsy Layne has some good players, however Prestonsburg was pretty much asleep in the first half of this game. After a nice chewing during halftime BL couldn't get anything going in the 2nd half and Prestonsburg offense was unstoppable all night. If Garner & Anderson play for Prestonsburg then Derossett could have hung as many points on the board as he wanted, that's with or without Kory Jarrell also.

Facts are facts guys, BL is a decent small school football team, but they aren't Prestonsburg, Belfry, Hazard, Johnson Central, etc. The program is most certainly headed in the right direction and I'm happy to see that. The Bobcats are well coached and they'll get many more chances to prove themselves this season in the district and in the playoffs where they will likely face a Somerset or Danville on the road in the 1st round.

Best of luck on the rest of the season Bobcats!
Congrats to P-Burg, we knew you were good, but keep improving BL. You've came a hell of a long way in the past few years.
Good game to watch. I am glad the bobcats done well. Prestonsburg has worked hard to build their program up and the coaches and fans should be proud. Betsy Layne is trying to build a program. Its coming along. Bobcats played tough. It will get better. Keep working hard and good things will happen.

I am excited about floyd county football!
Congrats Blackcats. Get ready for Hazard next week. It won't be easy.
McCameraMan Wrote:Congrats Blackcats. Get ready for Hazard next week. It won't be easy.

That's for SURE.... there may be 80-100 points scored by the two teams next Friday !!

Congrats to Betsy Layne - very pleased there are HUGE improvements in the football program !! Keep it up...

:Clap:

And for you people who said running clock in the first half? Yeah, that didn't happen. The score at the half was 24-14 Prestonsburg. And also, you all who said Jamerson would not be needed? He had 5 or 6 touchdowns. Without him, Bobcats win.

Jamerson had 4 touchdowns scoring a total of 28 points, assuming all of the PATs were made. Take that all away and Prestonsburg still wins 26-14. I believe your judgment is a little clouded. With that being said, the Blackcats were also without Garner and, who I believe was one of the most underrated players in the mountains, Grant Anderson. Credit to the Bobcats though, they came out and punched Prestonsburg in the mouth. Would have loved to have been in the locker room at the half, I'm sure it wasn't too pretty. If Prestonsburg comes out flat against Hazard, it'll be a long night of catching up.
Congrats Blackcats. I actually heard this could be close. But I knew better.
I was pulling for the BL, but the Bobcats just arent on the Blackcats level in football.

Congrats Blackcats.....Keep your head up BL.
The fan support for both teams was great.but b l has a ways to go yet.they should have stayed in single a.[for now to much to fast].

Come on dude, get real. Prestonsburg hung 30 on Belfry without Jamerson. You going to tell me that BL has that much better of a defense than Belfry? Prestonsburg would have just found someone else to throw the ball to had Jamerson not played. Pburg isn't just about one or two players this year. They have several different kids who can beat you.
I think anyone who saw the game was impressed with Betsy Layne. They hung with the Blackcats in the first half. Red is doing a hell of a job. I was impressed with Betsy Layne's athleticism. Congrats to both teams.
Congrats Blackcats and good luck rest of year.. good show in 1st half Bobcats, now leas get back on the field monday and get ready for Paintsville next week....welcome back#33 Kory Jarrell..Only 2 seniors on offense and 2 on defense...future looking good on the hill..GO BOBCATS
no one said bl was a pburg,hazard ,,,,and if you are a pburg fan you cant tell me you were not sweating just a little after the first quarter.bl proved thay can play for a while,just not much depth.really impresed with the direction the program is going at bl. and for pburgs run d, if it dosn,t improve thay wount go any farther in the playoffs than bl. congrats blackcats on the win, congrats bobcats on showing it wount be long.
The Bobcats came out ready to play. The Blackcats defense looked asleep. They woke up in the 2nd half and it was over mid-way through the 3rd quater. The Bobcats have an excellent chance of finishing second in district play. Good to see two Floyd Co. Teams playing some football.
heritage Wrote:no one said bl was a pburg,hazard ,,,,and if you are a pburg fan you cant tell me you were not sweating just a little after the first quarter.bl proved thay can play for a while,just not much depth.really impresed with the direction the program is going at bl. And for pburgs run d, if it dosn,t improve thay wount go any farther in the playoffs than bl. Congrats blackcats on the win, congrats bobcats on showing it wount be long.
its hard to cut and tackle in ankle deep mud remember the ballcarrier knows were hes going not the defensive player on a dry field things would be a little different.
p burg hero Wrote:its hard to cut and tackle in ankle deep mud remember the ballcarrier knows were hes going not the defensive player on a dry field things would be a little different.

I thought Betsy Layne and Prestonsburg played on the same field last night. I must have missed something.
it didnt look like it was very hard for hall to carry 2 blackcat defenders all over the field, through ankel deep mud the first half. and for the mud ,parsons is tight with some real high people ,he can make it rain.:lmao: lol.