Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Players in the 15th as of Feb. 15!!
1. Brad Lowe - Pike Central
2. Jamie McCarty - Johnson Central
3. Brandon May - Sheldon Clark
4. Shawn Thompson - Lawrence County
5. Matt Maynard - Belfry
6a. Ryan Johnson - South Floyd
6b. andon Slone - Paintsville
7. Sean Leslie - Prestonsburg
8. Jamie Case - Belfry
9. JD VanHoose - Paintsville
10. Kyle Rice - Johnson Central
Ryan Johnson needs to be in there PC_U_KNOW hes atleast a top 5 player
everybody on here might think I am a SF crazy but imo I think ryan johnson, ryan little, and ethan johnson should be in everybody's...

Ryan Johnson-3 year started who is the captain of the team... Has a attitude but don't get rattled when the game is on the line... I am guessing he is probably top 2 in the region in apg and scores when he wants.

Ryan Little- First year starting but has carried the load for the raiders down low.. If he gets the ball in the paint nobody in the region can stop him and when his heads on right he is the best big man in the region.

Ethan Johnson- First year starting but is probably the best long range shooter in the region. This kid can score when he wants and never gets an attitude. Nobody in the region can keep him from scoring if he is hott.
"tigerman2163" Wrote:PC U KNOW YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS LANDON IS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND HE IS A TEAM PLAYER. PUGH IS AWFUL BUT HE IS BETTER THAN THE BUNDY KID HE IS AWFUL

Sounds like someone struck a nerve somewhere...I wonder what it could be over???:lmao:
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:tigerman, what you don't understand is that if Daniel or JD played like Landon everyone would say the same thing about them. JD could shoot 25 shots a game and make half of them but he doesn't. As for Pugh, he is the BEST defensive player in this region, just because he doesn't score 20+ a game doesn't mean he is awful. I would take a great defensive player over a ball hog any day of the week, you must not know anything about sports. Landon has ego problems, hell he made fun of the girls for getting beat by JC, lol, what happened after that, the boys got beat by JC. Then the girls turn around and win the All "A" and made it to the state semi's, the boys didn't even win the All "A".

good post.....Confusederved:
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:everybody on here might think I am a SF crazy but imo I think ryan johnson, ryan little, and ethan johnson should be in everybody's...

Ryan Johnson-3 year started who is the captain of the team... Has a attitude but don't get rattled when the game is on the line... I am guessing he is probably top 2 in the region in apg and scores when he wants.

Ryan Little- First year starting but has carried the load for the raiders down low.. If he gets the ball in the paint nobody in the region can stop him and when his heads on right he is the best big man in the region.

Ethan Johnson- First year starting but is probably the best long range shooter in the region. This kid can score when he wants and never gets an attitude. Nobody in the region can keep him from scoring if he is hott.
good post
"U Know Not!!" Wrote:everybody on here might think I am a SF crazy but imo I think ryan johnson, ryan little, and ethan johnson should be in everybody's...

I agree 100%!!
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe- Pike Central: The best player on the most consitent team. The kid can do it all. He has played great all year will make Pike Central one of the favorites come the regional tournament.
2. Landon Slone- Paintsville: Maybe the most complete player in the region. Is capable of taking over a game at any time. Has not shot the ball as well as he did last year, but is the straw that stirs the Tigers drink. If they want to live up to expectations it will be on #12's shoulders.
3. Matt Maynard- Belfry: The best athlete in the region hands down no comparison. Can beat anyone in the region off the dribble at any time. Many say he is a head-case, but that does not negate the fact he is still one of the tops in the region.
4. Brandon May- Sheldon Clark: The streakiest shooter in the region. If he shoots well the Cardinals can beat anyone they play. Is capable of controling games with his presence on the boards, but has not asserted himself as much this year. If SC is going to come out of the toughest district in the region #22 will have to play well.
5. Jamie McCarty- Johnson Central: Another streaky shooter. Is a threat to score 20 every time he walks on the floor. Shot selection is questionable but most good shooters take questionable shots. The great ones just hit them. Is possibly the second best athlete in the region, but does not assert himself on defense.
6. Shaun Thompson- Lawrence County: This kid is the sole reason why Lawrence has wins over Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Shelby Valley. He does it all for the Bulldogs. If they are going to make noise this year he will have to stay on the floor. He can't get in foul trouble or lose his head.
7. Jamie Case- Belfry: The second threat of Befry's great guard play. Another extremley streaky shooter. Many seem to question his shot selection, but they only question it when he is not hitting. Is complete guard package. He and Maynard will make Belfry one of the favorites to leave the Expo Center with the nets.
8. Ethan Johnson- South Floyd: Another streaky shooter. Hits a massive amount of thress, but also takes a large number. Will make the Raiders a severe threat to win the region, if they can make it out of a tough district.
9. Kyle Rice- Johnson Central: The Eagles big man may be more of a second option, but he is capable of dominating a game in the 15th. He is a quality post player that is tough once he gets it on the block (Espically in this region). Is also always a factor on the boards, if you don't get a body on Rice he will live on the offensive glass.
10. JD Vanhoose- Paintsville: This kid is looked at to do ALOT of things. He plays every position on the floor and is probabley the Tiger's most consitent rebounder. He is your typical Paintsville basketball player that seems to be good at everything. His play will go along way in dertermining how the Tiger's season ends.

Well there is my list. I know some or maybe even most will disagree with what I have said, but hey this is just how I see it. The 15th is so evenly balanced this year you could proabley list 20 players and there not be a big diffrence in number 6 and number 20. Once you get outside of the top 5 the talent is pretty even IMO.

Great list Matney and well analyzed.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:tigerman, what you don't understand is that if Daniel or JD played like Landon everyone would say the same thing about them. JD could shoot 25 shots a game and make half of them but he doesn't. As for Pugh, he is the BEST defensive player in this region, just because he doesn't score 20+ a game doesn't mean he is awful. I would take a great defensive player over a ball hog any day of the week, you must not know anything about sports. Landon has ego problems, hell he made fun of the girls for getting beat by JC, lol, what happened after that, the boys got beat by JC. Then the girls turn around and win the All "A" and made it to the state semi's, the boys didn't even win the All "A".

Pugh is a good defensive player but he isn't the best... Matt Maynard from Belfry is diffently the best defensive player in the 15th...
great list Matney
Shaun Thompson would be good but he needs to shave his face...and he sticks his finger in his butt....i think Mark Lester should start over him.....by the time he graduates he will be the best ever in school history
If the truth was ever spoken you just told all about it. I have complained the whole season long about Paintsville being a selfish team and the reason starts and ends with Landon Slone. I wish that he would go back to Floyd County and take mom and papaw with him. Yeah the locker rooms are nice but it aint worth the turmoil and the desention it has brung to the tigers. This just goes to show that money cant by happiness.
If Ryan Johnson, Ryan Johnson and Ethan are all top ten then there record should be better than 14-12.. imo
:ChairHit:[size=2]Goldentoe-dawgs Man you got serious jealousy problems, why not try to make a post beyond the kindergarten mentality for a change?:boo:[/size]
"mojo40" Wrote:If Ryan Johnson, Ryan Johnson and Ethan are all top ten then there record should be better than 14-12.. imo
Bingo. Ethan Johnson is descent, but not top 5 imo. Ryan Johnson is just cocky but can't back it up. Ryan Little isn't bad but his size helps him out alot. I think Leslie and Barnette both from Prestonsburg are better than Ryan Little and Ryan Johnson.

My list is:
1.) Brad Lowe
2.) Matt Maynard
3.) Landon Slone
4.) Jamie McCarty
5.) Sean Leslie
6.) Ethan Johnson
7.) Lewis Barnett
8.) Kyle Rice
9.) Brandon May
10.) Shaun Thompson
Landon Slone
Brad Lowe
Matt Maynard
Shawn Thompson
Wes Helton
Brandon Kidd
Jamie Case
Brandon May
Kyle Rice
Sean Leslie
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:I think Leslie and Barnette both from Prestonsburg are better than Ryan Little and Ryan Johnson.

No way.....
"mojo40" Wrote:If Ryan Johnson, Ryan Johnson and Ethan are all top ten then there record should be better than 14-12.. imo

3 players can't beat 5 bub.

Ryan Johnson is by far the best ball handler in the 15th region, he can beat any press by himself, I've seen him play my whole life and I've never seen him walk, double, carry, anything. He can take over a game when he wants, as long as he aint pissed off.
Ethan Johnson is probably the streakiest shooter in the 15th IMO. Any kid that hits 10 threes out of 16 with a sprang ankle has my vote. When he gets the ball he can score when he wants. He can do everything on the court, he only needs to work on his dribbling ability, and he'd be top 5 material anyday.
What can I say about Ryan Little, hes what keeps SF alive! Without him, instead of 14-12 they'd be around 10-16. He averages around 16ppg and 11rpg. If Ryan, Ethan, or Mason get him the ball down low the score keeper might as well go ahead and right it down. Nobody in the region can stop that little left handed fade.
Lewis Barnette is averaging 19ppg ! and Sean Leslie is better that ryan little and kyle rice ! Sean should be top 5 on everyone's list !
yeah, landon should be on there
I like BCF4L list. Just because Ryan Johnson can dribble the ball between his legs doesn't mean he is the best ball handler in the 15th. If it came to that I would take Bundy from Paintsville.

Leslie should be in everyone's top 5. I read in another thread that he has over 70 blocks, which is awesome at the high school level. Plus there is still 5 games left on Prestonsburg schedule.
Now, the Landon Slone I watched play tonight against Johnson Central is definately a top 10 player, hell tonights Landon is a top 5 player. He keeps playing like he did tonight he will be back in my top 5 like he was at the beginning of the season.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Now, the Landon Slone I watched play tonight against Johnson Central is definately a top 10 player, hell tonights Landon is a top 5 player. He keeps playing like he did tonight he will be back in my top 5 like he was at the beginning of the season.

The landon slone we seen tonight will be the key to paintsville's success!
"SeniorEagle04" Wrote:The landon slone we seen tonight will be the key to paintsville's success!

Exactly, he had 24 points, BUT, he had 12-4 assists to go along with those 24 points (might have been 25). Paintsville had 4 guys in double figures tonight, that's the kind ball they should play every night. He scored his average tonight without forcing and taking bad shots.