Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Players in the 15th as of Feb. 15!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that the season is almost over, and everyone has had a chance to see most players play what is your thoughts on the best players of the region.
Mine are:
1. Brad Lowe
2. Jamie McCarty
3. Brandon May
4. Shaun Thompson
5. Matt Maynard
6. Landon Slone
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Ryan Johnson
10. Brandon Kidd
i agree 100% with ur list basketballstar
"basketballstar" Wrote:Now that the season is almost over, and everyone has had a chance to see most players play what is your thoughts on the best players of the region.
Mine are:
1. Brad Lowe
2. Jamie McCarty
3. Brandon May
4. Shaun Thompson
5. Matt Maynard
6. Landon Slone
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Ryan Johnson
10. Brandon Kidd

i might put slone in front of maynard. and maybe thompson, but other then that:Thumbs:
"basketballstar" Wrote:Now that the season is almost over, and everyone has had a chance to see most players play what is your thoughts on the best players of the region.
Mine are:
1. Brad Lowe
2. Jamie McCarty
3. Brandon May
4. Shaun Thompson
5. Matt Maynard
6. Landon Slone
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Ryan Johnson
10. Brandon Kidd
I like it but I think Kyle Rice should be in there somewhere...but that's just my opinion
looks good to me...
I think i would put jamie case on that lisi.
I would put Jamie Case on the list diffently, an Maynard should be way higher thatn he is listed...
My List...Underclassmen in BOLD
1.Landon Slone-Paintsville
2.Brad Lowe-Pike Central
3.Matt Maynard-Belfry
4.Brandon May-Sheldon Clark
5.Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
6.Shawn Thompson-Lawrence Co.
7.Jamie McCarty-Johnson Central
8.Brandon Kidd-Betsy Layne
9.JD Vanhoose-Paintsville
10a.Ryan Little-South Floyd
10b.Jamie Case-Belfry

**I sure not alot of people will agree, and some will, but I think this is pretty accurate from what I've seen.
i wouldnt put slone first but that is just me
Case is better than Vanhoose...and ethan Johnson i put Case at number 5 or 6...Vanhoose isnt top 10 sorry
1a.Brad Lowe-Pike Central
1b.Matt Maynard-Belfry
3.Brandon May-Sheldon Clark
4.Landon Slone-Paintsville
5.Shawn Thompson-Lawrence Co.
6.Jamie Mcarty-Johnson Central
7.Jamie Case-Belfry
8.Kyle Rice-Johnson Central
9.Ethan Johnson-South Floyd
10.Elijah Justice-Shleby Valley/Dorton
Leslie from Prestonsburg is better than Kidd and Little.
Mine are:
1. Brad Lowe
2. Jamie McCarty
3. Brandon May
4. Shaun Thompson
5. Matt Maynard
6. Landon Slone
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Ryan Johnson
10. Brandon Kidd
I would put ethan johnson and landon slone a little higher...
1. Brad Lowe - Pike Central
2. Shawn Thompson - Lawrence County
3. Brandon May - Sheldon Clark
4. Matt Maynard - Belfry
5. Ethan Johnson - South Floyd
6. Jamie McCarty - Johnson Central
7. Sean Leslie - Prestonsburg
8. Jamie Case - Belfry
9. JD VanHoose - Paintsville
10. Kyle Rice - Johnson Central
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe - Pike Central
4. Matt Maynard - Belfry
8. Jamie Case - Belfry

Where is Landon Slone at? I wouldn't put him at #1 like some are but he should definatly be in the list.:rock:
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe - Pike Central
4. Matt Maynard - Belfry
8. Jamie Case - Belfry

interesting. landon slone is not on that list, yet jd vanhoose is. you think landon slone is not the best player on the tigers roster??
"basketballstar" Wrote:Where is Landon Slone at? I wouldn't put him at #1 like some are but he should definatly be in the list.:rock:

"corndog23" Wrote:interesting. landon slone is not on that list, yet jd vanhoose is. you think landon slone is not the best player on the tigers roster??

Landon is not on my list and he won't be until he starts being a team player. I don't care if he is averaging 20+ ppg, that means nothing to me.

JD is a team player plus he plays defense and rebounds.
Good point PC.
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Landon is not on my list and he won't be until he starts being a team player. I don't care if he is averaging 20+ ppg, that means nothing to me.

I agree....
1. Brad Lowe
2. Brandon May
3. Jamie McCarty
4. Shaun Thompson
5. Landon Slone
6. Matt Maynard
7. Ethan Johnson
8. Ryan Little
9. Ryan Johnson
10. Kyle Rice
"Moe" Wrote:My List...Underclassmen in BOLD
2.Brad Lowe-Pike Central
3.Matt Maynard-Belfry
10b.Jamie Case-Belfry

**I sure not alot of people will agree, and some will, but I think this is pretty accurate from what I've seen.
i agree. but mcarty needs to move up 2 spaces
Vanhoose needs to be on the list!
McCarty is not one of the top 5 players in region. Also Jamie Case deserves to be on the list over alot of these players...
"PC_U_KNOW_98" Wrote:Landon is not on my list and he won't be until he starts being a team player. I don't care if he is averaging 20+ ppg, that means nothing to me.

When I saw Landon play in the All "A" he looked very unselfish to me, and set up his teammates for alot of easy shots. I thought he and VanHoose played well together. He often times looked to pass first, He looked to be a team player to me..But thats just your opinion.
"Moe" Wrote:My List...Underclassmen in BOLD
2.Brad Lowe-Pike Central
3.Matt Maynard-Belfry
10b.Jamie Case-Belfry

I agree Slone is the top player in the region and will be for the next two seasons. I'd switch Thompson and Johnson, and Lowe and Maynard. I believe Maynard is a better all around player, Lowe is strictly an offensive threat. But besides that it looks pretty good.
1. Brad Lowe- Pike Central: The best player on the most consitent team. The kid can do it all. He has played great all year will make Pike Central one of the favorites come the regional tournament.
2. Landon Slone- Paintsville: Maybe the most complete player in the region. Is capable of taking over a game at any time. Has not shot the ball as well as he did last year, but is the straw that stirs the Tigers drink. If they want to live up to expectations it will be on #12's shoulders.
3. Matt Maynard- Belfry: The best athlete in the region hands down no comparison. Can beat anyone in the region off the dribble at any time. Many say he is a head-case, but that does not negate the fact he is still one of the tops in the region.
4. Brandon May- Sheldon Clark: The streakiest shooter in the region. If he shoots well the Cardinals can beat anyone they play. Is capable of controling games with his presence on the boards, but has not asserted himself as much this year. If SC is going to come out of the toughest district in the region #22 will have to play well.
5. Jamie McCarty- Johnson Central: Another streaky shooter. Is a threat to score 20 every time he walks on the floor. Shot selection is questionable but most good shooters take questionable shots. The great ones just hit them. Is possibly the second best athlete in the region, but does not assert himself on defense.
6. Shaun Thompson- Lawrence County: This kid is the sole reason why Lawrence has wins over Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Shelby Valley. He does it all for the Bulldogs. If they are going to make noise this year he will have to stay on the floor. He can't get in foul trouble or lose his head.
7. Jamie Case- Belfry: The second threat of Befry's great guard play. Another extremley streaky shooter. Many seem to question his shot selection, but they only question it when he is not hitting. Is complete guard package. He and Maynard will make Belfry one of the favorites to leave the Expo Center with the nets.
8. Ethan Johnson- South Floyd: Another streaky shooter. Hits a massive amount of thress, but also takes a large number. Will make the Raiders a severe threat to win the region, if they can make it out of a tough district.
9. Kyle Rice- Johnson Central: The Eagles big man may be more of a second option, but he is capable of dominating a game in the 15th. He is a quality post player that is tough once he gets it on the block (Espically in this region). Is also always a factor on the boards, if you don't get a body on Rice he will live on the offensive glass.
10. JD Vanhoose- Paintsville: This kid is looked at to do ALOT of things. He plays every position on the floor and is probabley the Tiger's most consitent rebounder. He is your typical Paintsville basketball player that seems to be good at everything. His play will go along way in dertermining how the Tiger's season ends.

Well there is my list. I know some or maybe even most will disagree with what I have said, but hey this is just how I see it. The 15th is so evenly balanced this year you could proabley list 20 players and there not be a big diffrence in number 6 and number 20. Once you get outside of the top 5 the talent is pretty even IMO.
"Matney's Prodigey" Wrote:1. Brad Lowe- Pike Central: The best player on the most consitent team. The kid can do it all. He has played great all year will make Pike Central one of the favorites come the regional tournament.
2. Landon Slone- Paintsville: Maybe the most complete player in the region. Is capable of taking over a game at any time. Has not shot the ball as well as he did last year, but is the straw that stirs the Tigers drink. If they want to live up to expectations it will be on #12's shoulders.
3. Matt Maynard- Belfry: The best athlete in the region hands down no comparison. Can beat anyone in the region off the dribble at any time. Many say he is a head-case, but that does not negate the fact he is still one of the tops in the region.
4. Brandon May- Sheldon Clark: The streakiest shooter in the region. If he shoots well the Cardinals can beat anyone they play. Is capable of controling games with his presence on the boards, but has not asserted himself as much this year. If SC is going to come out of the toughest district in the region #22 will have to play well.
5. Jamie McCarty- Johnson Central: Another streaky shooter. Is a threat to score 20 every time he walks on the floor. Shot selection is questionable but most good shooters take questionable shots. The great ones just hit them. Is possibly the second best athlete in the region, but does not assert himself on defense.
6. Shaun Thompson- Lawrence County: This kid is the sole reason why Lawrence has wins over Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Shelby Valley. He does it all for the Bulldogs. If they are going to make noise this year he will have to stay on the floor. He can't get in foul trouble or lose his head.
7. Jamie Case- Belfry: The second threat of Befry's great guard play. Another extremley streaky shooter. Many seem to question his shot selection, but they only question it when he is not hitting. Is complete guard package. He and Maynard will make Belfry one of the favorites to leave the Expo Center with the nets.
8. Ethan Johnson- South Floyd: Another streaky shooter. Hits a massive amount of thress, but also takes a large number. Will make the Raiders a severe threat to win the region, if they can make it out of a tough district.
9. Kyle Rice- Johnson Central: The Eagles big man may be more of a second option, but he is capable of dominating a game in the 15th. He is a quality post player that is tough once he gets it on the block (Espically in this region). Is also always a factor on the boards, if you don't get a body on Rice he will live on the offensive glass.
10. JD Vanhoose- Paintsville: This kid is looked at to do ALOT of things. He plays every position on the floor and is probabley the Tiger's most consitent rebounder. He is your typical Paintsville basketball player that seems to be good at everything. His play will go along way in dertermining how the Tiger's season ends.

Well there is my list. I know some or maybe even most will disagree with what I have said, but hey this is just how I see it. The 15th is so evenly balanced this year you could proabley list 20 players and there not be a big diffrence in number 6 and number 20. Once you get outside of the top 5 the talent is pretty even IMO.

I like this list...
You know, I've thought about this "Best Player" thing, and in most case's the best players on folks list's wouldnt be there without the hard work of their teammates. Dishing the ball to them, drawing the defense away to open them up, etc. Plus no matter who's list I look at there are always guys names missing that should be there. Team Ball, It's what it's all about. Ok,I'll leave now.
PC U KNOW YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS LANDON IS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND HE IS A TEAM PLAYER. PUGH IS AWFUL BUT HE IS BETTER THAN THE BUNDY KID HE IS AWFUL

"Moe" Wrote:When I saw Landon play in the All "A" he looked very unselfish to me, and set up his teammates for alot of easy shots. I thought he and VanHoose played well together. He often times looked to pass first, He looked to be a team player to me..But thats just your opinion.
"tigerman2163" Wrote:PC U KNOW YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT SPORTS LANDON IS BY FAR THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AND HE IS A TEAM PLAYER. PUGH IS AWFUL BUT HE IS BETTER THAN THE BUNDY KID HE IS AWFUL

tigerman, what you don't understand is that if Daniel or JD played like Landon everyone would say the same thing about them. JD could shoot 25 shots a game and make half of them but he doesn't. As for Pugh, he is the BEST defensive player in this region, just because he doesn't score 20+ a game doesn't mean he is awful. I would take a great defensive player over a ball hog any day of the week, you must not know anything about sports. Landon has ego problems, hell he made fun of the girls for getting beat by JC, lol, what happened after that, the boys got beat by JC. Then the girls turn around and win the All "A" and made it to the state semi's, the boys didn't even win the All "A".
Pages: 1 2