Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nicest Football Facilities In The State
Bigblue#4 Wrote:Belfry and letcher central hands down are the nicest facilities In the mts maybe in the state. Football has come along ways in the mts,10 years ago breathitt county had the nicest facilities in all of the mts. Now I don't know if they rank in the top ten. But that is good because that means they are a real interest in highschool football in the mts and schools are finally put money where needs to be put. I just wish perry central could get a new field because they deserve to have a nice complex and I'm sure it not to off in the near future.

I think Perry would have to win a state championship and compete for a National title to get a new facility
king360 Wrote:I think Perry would have to win a state championship and compete for a National title to get a new facility

You know that is bunch of croc that they pore the money in to the basketball program. While the football team is pretty much playing on a grade school field. Heck I've seen gradeschool fields nicer than pcc. But they make best with what they have. The field part is not that bad it is the stands that really need the improvement.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:You know that is bunch of croc that they pore the money in to the basketball program. While the football team is pretty much playing on a grade school field. Heck I've seen gradeschool fields nicer than pcc. But they make best with what they have. The field part is not that bad it is the stands that really need the improvement.

They do need some new stands but have you ever played on that field?..lol..Every other step is a whole big enough you can put a small car in. I think the field should be the 1st priority. But the stands are still pretty bad, most schools have away sections bigger than that.
I dont want to sound like a homer but Whitley pretty much has the looks of a college campus. Only thing i dont like about the stadium is the stands. I wish they were bigger, but it seems now a days we cant fill up the ones we have anyways. Back in the 90s that place use to be standing room only especially when we played teams like Bell and Rock.
There was a plan to creat a multi million dollar stadium with the help of Teco Coal, up where the new soccer fields are now, but everyone came to the conclusion that they liked the football field being on the campus and didnt want it to be like a Corbin thing where the football team would have to travel just to get to the field on game days.
I don't know about facilities, but Williamsburg has the nicest natural field I have saw in a while... It was flawless last Friday... Looked like turf, but was Bermuda.
I Rule The World Wrote:I don't know about facilities, but Williamsburg has the nicest natural field I have saw in a while... It was flawless last Friday... Looked like turf, but was Bermuda.

I agree. Williamsburg has a great field. There facilities arent great by any tretch, but the guy who does there field is great at it. I believe hes done it for a very long time and its always looked really great.
Whitleys field use to be a lot better but it seems to have gone down hill over the past few years, however its a lot nice than 90% of the ones ive seen.
I love CAM but i think Shelby Valley has a nice place also. Speaking to the walk an hour to concession, I think most places have the vistors side on the oppisite side of field and can make for a long walk. Liked the way Henry Clay has theirs at one end of the field .:popcorn:
king360 Wrote:I think Perry would have to win a state championship and compete for a National title to get a new facility

they do this man and me and you will buy them a new stadium and have our names tagged in the third row on the FAWTY!! lol
Any Pics of these great facilities were all talking about, lets see them if anyone has them.
sstack Wrote:Dixie has a very nice facility, probably best in NKY.
When it's all said and done Scott's will be nicer. But the product on the field will not:HitWall:
Lexington Catholic has really nice facilities. Turf game and practice fields, plus the weightroom is really nice. They could use new lockers, but the field house is not bad.
lunaticfringe Wrote:Any Pics of these great facilities were all talking about, lets see them if anyone has them.

Here is a couple of the field @ CAM Stadium
Speaking of fields, how is the new Harlan Field looking?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
long_time_pirate Wrote:Here is a couple of the field @ CAM Stadium

im just curious, but was Cam stadium named after the Cam mining company thats so big in that area? I figured they might have helped build it or something and then just got it named after them.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:im just curious, but was Cam stadium named after the Cam mining company thats so big in that area? I figured they might have helped build it or something and then just got it named after them.
YEs, and yes.
Interesting seeing Shelby Valley's field mentioned by several posters on here. I had always thought they had a nice stadium and field myself, but I didn't know if it was just me being a homer. They have a turf field, and good-sized stands for the home fans, and a decent sized set of stands for the visitors too.

Honestly, I always thought they had one of the better fields around considering the lack of a consistent winner being put on the field.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:Interesting seeing Shelby Valley's field mentioned by several posters on here. I had always thought they had a nice stadium and field myself, but I didn't know if it was just me being a homer. They have a turf field, and good-sized stands for the home fans, and a decent sized set of stands for the visitors too.

Honestly, I always thought they had one of the better fields around considering the lack of a consistent winner being put on the field.
Better visitor stands and access to them than Belfry's. Again, long walk to the concession stand that is not always the easiest, but that's a common problem. I did forget to give Belfry credit for having small concession stand set up for pop, pizza, and I think nachos on the visitor side. Very crowded and runs out of food quickly though, for big games, so you have to make the walk to the big one and go thru the long lines. Really, that's not a "killer" for the overall game atmosphere, but it is inconvenient sometimes, especially if you don't want to miss any action.