Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nicest Football Facilities In The State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wanted to get an idea of who has the nicest facilities in the state...whether it be the football field/stadium, locker rooms, weight rooms, indoor facilities. Please post pics if you have them....
letchers is pretty nice!
As far as the ones I have visited, these come to mind: (in no particular order)
1. Hazard
2. Belfry
3. Somerset
4. Male
5. Shelby Valley
6. Letcher Central
7. Dunbar
8. Pikeville
9. Henry Clay
10. Boyle Co.
11. Danville
12. Corbin
This thread crops up ever so often. My vote for the overall best facility - ease of access, seating, concessions, field, parking, layout, dressing rooms, etc. - goes to the Stadium of Champions complex in Christian County.
I think you would have to throw Johnson Central in there as well.
I have been to ALOT around the State.

Belfry's IMO hands down the best.
Lafayette in Lexington also has a great new one.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I have been to ALOT around the State.

Belfry's IMO hands down the best.
For the most part, I agree. It just takes an hour to walk to the concession stand is my only complaint...Well, besides us getting the devil kicked out of us lately, that is. :HitWall:
SaveUK Wrote:I think you would have to throw Johnson Central in there as well.

We COULD, we just don't like y'all. :redboxer:

Just kidding, nice facilities, not too fond of the parking situation though.
Hazard and Johnson Central are very nice.
1. Putnam Stadium (Ashland)

2. CAM Stadium (Belfry)

Those are my top two but its not really close. Putnam is just amazing. I couldn't shut up about it when I went there this year.

Other good stadiums that are behind CAM are from Johnson Central, Somerset, Corbin, Beechwood, Paintsville, Pikeville etc...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Lafayette in Lexington also has a great new one.
They have no place to park and it seems your a long way from the field. Nice though.
Panther Thunder Wrote:1. Putnam Stadium (Ashland)

2. CAM Stadium (Belfry)

Those are my top two but its not really close. Putnam is just amazing. I couldn't shut up about it when I went there this year.

I'll echo this. I love CAM and think it is one of the best facilities you will find for a school that size, but you can't argue with history and the unique aura of Putnam.
Armchair QB Wrote:They have no place to park and it seems your a long way from the field. Nice though.

True. The parking I didnt mind really.
Just from the places that I have been I like, Belfry, Johnson Central, Hazard, Letcher Central, Pikeville ( Awesome gym as well ), and Shelby Valley. I know there is alot of other really nice ones but I haven't been able to go see all of them.
Its not prestonsburg thats for sure.
Belfry, Pikeville, Ashland and Johnson Central. Havent been to Hazard, but those are the best ive seen in the mountains. Bell Co. looks nice also
Collins has very nice facilities, they just aren't able to use them this year. The contractor that build the turf field did not install it correctly so when it rained all this spring water got under the field and caused soft spots and holes in it.
SaveUK Wrote:I think you would have to throw Johnson Central in there as well.

JC has a nice facility, but no nicer than many I have been to.
Panther Thunder Wrote:1. Putnam Stadium (Ashland)

2. CAM Stadium (Belfry)

Other good stadiums that are behind CAM are from Johnson Central, Somerset, Corbin, Beechwood, Paintsville, Pikeville etc...

Beechwood is very cramped and land locked.
Dixie has a very nice facility, probably best in NKY.
I really like Letcher but no bathrooms and no real concessions kinda hurts but still Nice! Belfry is the best IMO!

Give them a year or so and we will add Harlan County to this list
Patriot Wrote:I really like Letcher but no bathrooms and no real concessions kinda hurts but still Nice! Belfry is the best IMO!

Give them a year or so and we will add Harlan County to this list
they will have a separate parking area for wheelbarrows and tractors.
Glasgow, Monroe Co, Marion Co, Washington Co, Danville, Lexington Christian, Lone Oak. Just a few that I have been to that come to mind.
Small Schools. In no order

Paintsville. Can be a very tough place to play.

Pikeville. Great facilities, Like Paintsville used to be a b***h to play at

Hazard. Good Stadium.

Medium Schools

P-Burg- Sandpit lol. But good facilities other than that.

Somerset- great feel to the place.

Belfry- Need I say more.

Big schools

Johnson Central- Other than that stupid eagle screech it is awesome

Ashland- Tied with Belfry for best on the list.

These are all stadiums I have been too.
I think you have to throw Breathitt County in the mix. They might not have a turf field, but it's because they don't want it ( I don't blame them), takes away from football. They do have the only stadium that has a roof and keeps the fans out of the rain. They have a nice den and weight room.
lunaticfringe Wrote:Belfry, Pikeville, Ashland and Johnson Central. Havent been to Hazard, but those are the best ive seen in the mountains. Bell Co. looks nice also
Had my first visit to the Hazard facility tonight. Overall, okay. Stands are a bit too far away from the field, IMO, parking can be a nightmare with a good sized crowd, and the walk up the hill is a pain in the arse. Nice field, but no better than some I've been to. I'd rank it right about with Johnson Central. The field is very nice though, and the coffee at the concession stand is GREAT. I know many don't care about that, but after the pots of motor oil other people call coffee I have drunk over the years, it stands out.
Just got a look at the plans for HC's new stadium. WOW!!! I think it will be second to none. Especially in the mountains.
Belfry.
Belfry and letcher central hands down are the nicest facilities In the mts maybe in the state. Football has come along ways in the mts,10 years ago breathitt county had the nicest facilities in all of the mts. Now I don't know if they rank in the top ten. But that is good because that means they are a real interest in highschool football in the mts and schools are finally put money where needs to be put. I just wish perry central could get a new field because they deserve to have a nice complex and I'm sure it not to off in the near future.
Pages: 1 2