Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Players getting looked at
I have sent info to Ohio University, Toledo University and Boise State on Boggs from Pike County Central and I have heard Louisville has inquired about him.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I have sent info to Ohio University, Toledo University and Boise State on Boggs from Pike County Central and I have heard Louisville has inquired about him.

For real? Seems a little rare air for him, even as talented as he is. As for UL, Teddy Bridgewater will just threaten to transfer to FAU if he hears that. Confusednicker:
I take it you do not think he can play D-1?
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I have sent info to Ohio University, Toledo University and Boise State on Boggs from Pike County Central and I have heard Louisville has inquired about him.

:thatsfunn

you aint got the sense that god gave a goose!! lol
Then you are saying the Louisville coaches who have inquired about him have no clue to what they are doing?
Boggs could definitely play or at least compete at Ohio U. and Toledo, no doubt. Not sure on Boise State but i'm sure he could eventually develop there with the right coaching and physical training.
I can remember when another high school QB was getting looked at by Boise State and there was a good number of people saying on these type of boards that there was noway he could play at that level.

I also remember their coach calling me asking me some question about that QB and the last words he said was that young man play for us or many other D-1 SCHOOLS.

I know how badly they wanted this qb back then because after getting the DVD on him a day late (THEY SIGNED ANOTHER QB WHEN THEY DID NOT GET THE DVD WHEN I SAID I COULD GET IT TO THEM.I GOT THE DVD A DAY LATE MAKING IT A DAY LATE GETTING TO THE COACH)The coach called and asked if I thought he would take a grey shirt for a year and then they would give him a s-ship the following year. I had to tell the coach I did not know this qb I just had watched him play the last two seasons and thought he would fit in their system.

I will not name that QB because he is a coach now, in Kentucky.
I did meet him once during the Kent/Tenn allstar game.
Boggs will def. NOT go D-1 in my opinion....
VoR_58 Wrote:Boggs will def. NOT go D-1 in my opinion....

:Thumbs:
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I take it you do not think he can play D-1?
It's not that I don't think he can play D-1 FBS. I do think he can. But Boise State is a WHOLE 'nother level above Toledo, Ohio U, and IMO, UL. Toledo and Ohio U, yes. At another position at UL, maybe. With the speed Boise State plays at, no. MAYBE as a running back, or perhaps on D at Mike LB type position though. All I said was that Boise State was rare air for his talent level at QB.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:I can remember when another high school QB was getting looked at by Boise State and there was a good number of people saying on these type of boards that there was noway he could play at that level.

I also remember their coach calling me asking me some question about that QB and the last words he said was that young man play for us or many other D-1 SCHOOLS.

I know how badly they wanted this qb back then because after getting the DVD on him a day late (THEY SIGNED ANOTHER QB WHEN THEY DID NOT GET THE DVD WHEN I SAID I COULD GET IT TO THEM.I GOT THE DVD A DAY LATE MAKING IT A DAY LATE GETTING TO THE COACH)The coach called and asked if I thought he would take a grey shirt for a year and then they would give him a s-ship the following year. I had to tell the coach I did not know this qb I just had watched him play the last two seasons and thought he would fit in their system.

I will not name that QB because he is a coach now, in Kentucky.
I did meet him once during the Kent/Tenn allstar game.
Instead of giving us his name, tell us this... Did he ever end up playing D1? Lot's of ex-players coaching in Kentucky now who played D1, so that doesn't narrow it down much, but will answer a question.

Another question I have is, how did the coach make the assessment that he could play for them if he had not yet received the DVD? Why, if he was so sure he could play for them or any other D1 school, was it so imperative for them to get the DVD beforehand? Sounds like he had already been scouted in person or on film beforehand.
He went on to start for 4 years at a school that is now D-1.
The coach called me after seeing the DVD.He got the DVD one day late.
Sorry if I did not make that as clear as it sounded in my head.

The coach told me on the phone that he had no clue to who the player was before seeing the DVD and he nor anyone on the staff had ever heard of the high school he played for.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:He went on to start for 4 years at a school that is now D-1.
The coach called me after seeing the DVD.He got the DVD one day late.
Sorry if I did not make that as clear as it sounded in my head.

The coach told me on the phone that he had no clue to who the player was before seeing the DVD and he nor anyone on the staff had ever heard of the high school he played for.
Thank you. That does clear some stuff up. So now, I can conclude:

1) School was not D-1 at the time, OR was D-1AA
2) Boise State did not recruit him, a DVD was sent to them out of the blue (had to pun a little, sorry)
3) No other D-1 teams were looking at him, OR they took a flyer on him after seeing him (if they did see him at all).

Thanks
1) D-1AA
2) Boise State did not recruit him, a DVD was sent to them out of the blue (had to pun a little, sorry)The coach wanted him that came from his mouth,not mine.
3) No other D-1 teams were looking at him, OR they took a flyer on him after seeing him (if they did see him at all).I can not answer that like I said I did noty know the QB and when I did meet him later it was just to say hello to him.

Also the coach requested the DVD after getting info on the QB I had sent him.
Josh Dixon from Belfry and Corey Shouse of Pike Central would either one make a helluva safety for a FCS school IMO. Both have good size, speed, and can lay the wood.
From Garrard..
Several getting looks both Seniors and Juniors.
The only one that I can comment on because of his recruiting site is
#53 Dylon Worley (Junior). 2013 recruiting interest for Centre, DePauw,
and Rhodes. Letters from Hanover, Tenn Tech, Vandy and Harvard. Also
offered a recommendation to Annapolis.
Tyler Combs has committed to Marshall.
Jude definitely has VERY GOOD options for wrestling but loves football and is on record as saying that he would love to play for UK. UK has been watching but as of the last time I heard they had not offered. And yes my last name is jude but i am NOT an immediate family member of J.J. although I am very proud of the young man. Although I have not heard any rumors or anything i would be surprised if Marshall doesn't offer him a scholarship soon.
And please don't be the idiot that gets on here and says that you don't think either of these guys are D-1 material. I promise I will make you look stupid.
chase roark is being recruited by cincinnatti they have him #2 on their qb list and tennessee was at the bell middlesboro game to watch him. as far as other schools looking at him i do not know, just what the camera man from knoxville was saying
jarrell has been contacted by coach doolyfrom tenn, also coach smith from michigan. a list of a few other schools are brown, army,ballstate,harvard,westernky,mount st joseph,campbellsville,cumberland ,princeton, and so on.this isn,t b.s so please no negative coments! thanks.
Kentucky's looking at Roark too but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be a bearcat.