Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville at Kentucky
Uk-21
u of l-17
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If Kentucky comes out good offensively this will be a blowout. However If they are slow offensively louisville can, and probably will win.

This team has the talent just no leadership, we have to have a leader step up.

whos the talent?there not alot there
Cats win in a close one. UK is the better team of the two, but thats not saying alot. It is early in the season and they did show some improvement in the second half.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:didnt you hear? the suck bowl is already over with. your woman came out the all star mvpConfusednicker:

Just because is was The WVU idiot i find this very funny.
cuppett777 Wrote:whos the talent?there not alot there

Other than they offensive skill positions they are better than last year at every position. And offensively Newton is good he just needs to get back into the swing of things. Clemons is looking good, sanders is all right. The main problem is the receivers.
Aslan Wrote:We were at least blowing these inferior teams out last year. Time to realize the truth, man. UK is awful and basketball season couldn't start soon enough.

We beat Louisiana Monroe by 2 and Central michigan by 10 in 06. And that team won more SEC games than any team Kentucky has has since the rich brooks era began. They ended the year 7-5 with a loss to louisville. We then proceeded to beat clemson like they stole something for three quarters, with them making a comeback in the fourth to make the score look close. This right here pretty much destroys your argument. THESE GAMES DON'T MATTER. As long as it is a win it counts towards bowl eligibilty. The staff knew this team would need some time to develop. That is why there were two bad teams to begin the year. Along with a step up in competition for SEC play. went from.

WKU who was awful to
CMU who is alright to
U of L who in the preseason was supposed to be good.

This was not without purpose there is a good reason it was scheduled like this the staff knew that they would have a young team, A young team would be a disaster without a few real games to build on. This also was good in the fact that our line was hurt for the first two week it was pure luck that it happened in this fashion, but will be a huge break for this team. Mainly in that the offense will run differently when the O-Line is intact.
Aslan Wrote:Ouch!

Agreed.

If they're struggling this bad in OOC play, imagine how bad it will be when they actually play the SEC schedule. And the bolded is false. Here's the scores from their three weakest opponents last year.

UK - 63 WKU 28
UK - 47 Akron - 10
UK - 49 Charleston Southern - 21

We were at least blowing these inferior teams out last year. Time to realize the truth, man. UK is awful and basketball season couldn't start soon enough.

This is not directly to you just for everyone who makes that same statement.

I love UK basketball just as much as anyone one in Kentucky but I hate hearing this statement. When UK was went to 3 straight Bowl games, beating Florida St and Clemson in those games. Knocking off LSU in lexington, everything was great and all love, now UK has a game or two were they have struggled and its bring on basketball season. This isnt a true fan IMO, if you really feel that way why even watch the games or talk bout football just wait untill Nov and talk hoops. You should support the team through the good and bad IMO. Come on guys, UK is 2-0.They way some talk you would think they are 0-2
MVP2 Wrote:This is not directly to you just for everyone who makes that same statement.

I love UK basketball just as much as anyone one in Kentucky but I hate hearing this statement. When UK was went to 3 straight Bowl games, beating Florida St and Clemson in those games. Knocking off LSU in lexington, everything was great and all love, now UK has a game or two were they have struggled and its bring on basketball season. This isnt a true fan IMO, if you really feel that way why even watch the games or talk bout football just wait untill Nov and talk hoops. You should support the team through the good and bad IMO. Come on guys, UK is 2-0.They way some talk you would think they are 0-2

Amen brother. This is kentucky football we have to expect this to happen.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We beat Louisiana Monroe by 2 and Central michigan by 10 in 06. And that team won more SEC games than any team Kentucky has has since the rich brooks era began. They ended the year 7-5 with a loss to louisville. We then proceeded to beat clemson like they stole something for three quarters, with them making a comeback in the fourth to make the score look close. This right here pretty much destroys your argument. THESE GAMES DON'T MATTER. As long as it is a win it counts towards bowl eligibilty. The staff knew this team would need some time to develop. That is why there were two bad teams to begin the year. Along with a step up in competition for SEC play. went from.

WKU who was awful to
CMU who is alright to

This was not without purpose there is a good reason it was scheduled like this the staff knew that they would have a young team, A young team would be a disaster without a few real games to build on. This also was good in the fact that our line was hurt for the first two week it was pure luck that it happened in this fashion, but will be a huge break for this team. Mainly in that the offense will run differently when the O-Line is intact.

Nuhu. You said every year UK struggles against inferior competition. I just pointed out last year where we didn't.
Actually every game does matter. UK has barely made a bowl game the last few years and they had to have every single one of those wins against inferior teams to become bowl eligible. So yes, to UK those games do matter, A LOT. If UK scheduled a decent OOC schedule they wouldn't have made 5 straight bowls. But I don't blame them for the schedule they've had. No reason to make your schedule harder than it is, when you're a lower tier team in the SEC. I know it sounds like I'm hating on UK, but it's just the truth. I wish I could say we had a good team(or even an average team) this year, but we don't.
MVP2 Wrote:This is not directly to you just for everyone who makes that same statement.

I have watched or listened to almost every single UK football game the last 5 or 6 years. I love it. But this is the worst team since we started our bowl streak. What's wrong with me telling the truth? I tell it like I see it. But I will admit, naturally I do look at things with a glass half empty. As much as we all love UK football, you have to remember this is a basketball school. As soon as basketball season ends, we're already anxious for the next season to start. Yeah, it's a slight knock at the football team when I say it, but that don't make me or anyone else any less of a fan. And technically we did get the wins, but we played so bad against such awful teams, it feels like a loss, ya know?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We beat Louisiana Monroe by 2 and Central michigan by 10 in 06. And that team won more SEC games than any team Kentucky has has since the rich brooks era began. They ended the year 7-5 with a loss to louisville. We then proceeded to beat clemson like they stole something for three quarters, with them making a comeback in the fourth to make the score look close. This right here pretty much destroys your argument. THESE GAMES DON'T MATTER. As long as it is a win it counts towards bowl eligibilty. The staff knew this team would need some time to develop. That is why there were two bad teams to begin the year. Along with a step up in competition for SEC play. went from.

WKU who was awful to
CMU who is alright to

Its sad that were arguing over which UK teams have sucked worse when good teams are asking themselves which teams were better year to year.
Just goes to show yourself in your own statements that it doesnt matter we ssucked in 06 and we suck this year. Theres no reason to nickel and dime it. In all honesty we might win 4 games. Anything over that would be considered a success this year when a losing season should never be considered a success or anything less than an SEC championship or national title should be considered a success. If you expect more you gain more, more risk more rewards, but sadly we dont have the coaching staff to do that.
Quote:Just because is was The WVU idiot i find this very funny.

yeah he ask for that one
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Its sad that were arguing over which UK teams have sucked worse when good teams are asking themselves which teams were better year to year.
Just goes to show yourself in your own statements that it doesnt matter we ssucked in 06 and we suck this year. Theres no reason to nickel and dime it. In all honesty we might win 4 games. Anything over that would be considered a success this year when a losing season should never be considered a success or anything less than an SEC championship or national title should be considered a success. If you expect more you gain more, more risk more rewards, but sadly we dont have the coaching staff to do that.

We didnt suck in 06 that was the point of the argument that you all miss entirely. We did this same thing and ended up having the best year against sec competition that we have had in God knows how long. That goes to prove that as long as these non conference games are wins it does not matter. That team got to a 7-5 regular season record without the advantage of a win over louisville. They had to beat Ole Miss, Georgia, Miss State, and Vandy that year to get a bowl game. Then like I said earlier they beat clemson to death. You can complain all you want that these games should be blowouts but in the end it doesnt matter as long as at the end of the game it is a W. And really the Second half of the CMU game was a blowout. They are getting better and we will see it once conference play comes.
Aslan Wrote:I have watched or listened to almost every single UK football game the last 5 or 6 years. I love it. But this is the worst team since we started our bowl streak. What's wrong with me telling the truth? I tell it like I see it. But I will admit, naturally I do look at things with a glass half empty. As much as we all love UK football, you have to remember this is a basketball school. As soon as basketball season ends, we're already anxious for the next season to start. Yeah, it's a slight knock at the football team when I say it, but that don't make me or anyone else any less of a fan. And technically we did get the wins, but we played so bad against such awful teams, it feels like a loss, ya know?

See above post.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We didnt suck in 06 that was the point of the argument that you all miss entirely. We did this same thing and ended up having the best year against sec competition that we have had in God knows how long. That goes to prove that as long as these non conference games are wins it does not matter. That team got to a 7-5 regular season record without the advantage of a win over louisville. They had to beat Ole Miss, Georgia, Miss State, and Vandy that year to get a bowl game. Then like I said earlier they beat clemson to death. You can complain all you want that these games should be blowouts but in the end it doesnt matter as long as at the end of the game it is a W. And really the Second half of the CMU game was a blowout. They are getting better and we will see it once conference play comes.

Is that really a success. 7-5?
I think that all other SEC schools with the exception of Vandy would consider that an absolute failure. When was the last time we brought home an SEC championship??? Exactly. To be the best and compete with the best, you have to expect the best and UK fans right now only expect a 6-6 year and a toilet bowl.
^You nailed it. Granted we have to grade UK on a different scale than we do say Alabama, Florida, and LSU. Nonetheless, they've been no improvement the last few years, and if anything the UK football program is about to take a step back.
We can't get the talent from Kentucky to compete so we have to get everyone's leftover's that is why we won't win this conference. It is why the Best teams in the SEC come from good high school football states. Tennessee is a good example compared to Kentucky they are a good high school football state but compared to the rest of the south they aren't near as good. This decline in Tn hs football goes right along with the decline of the college program. It is not coincidence. The best players come from the south so the best teams will be in the south no coach can change that.
uk by 3
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We can't get the talent from Kentucky to compete so we have to get everyone's leftover's that is why we won't win this conference. It is why the Best teams in the SEC come from good high school football states. Tennessee is a good example compared to Kentucky they are a good high school football state but compared to the rest of the south they aren't near as good. This decline in Tn hs football goes right along with the decline of the college program. It is not coincidence. The best players come from the south so the best teams will be in the south no coach can change that.

So you're basically saying UK will never be able to compete for an SEC title because we get everybody's leftovers.
Quote:We can't get the talent from Kentucky to compete so we have to get everyone's leftover's that is why we won't win this conference. It is why the Best teams in the SEC come from good high school football states. Tennessee is a good example compared to Kentucky they are a good high school football state but compared to the rest of the south they aren't near as good. This decline in Tn hs football goes right along with the decline of the college program. It is not coincidence. The best players come from the south so the best teams will be in the south no coach can change that.

im going to have to disagree. Kentucky is capable of winning the SEC maybe not this year but they will sooner or later, and if you want to call their players leftovers then they got some pretty damn good ones IMO, just no experience at the college level. they will get better, give it time you'll see. its hard to win a conference that dominates the whole nation.
Aslan Wrote:So you're basically saying UK will never be able to compete for an SEC title because we get everybody's leftovers.

Its not what I am basically saying, it is the truth. Until we out recruit the big boys we have have to accept what we have and be happy with it. What I guess I am saying is that it takes US 100x more effort to compete in the SEC than say a florida or alabama.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:im going to have to disagree. Kentucky is capable of winning the SEC maybe not this year but they will sooner or later, and if you want to call their players leftovers then they got some pretty damn good ones IMO, just no experience at the college level. they will get better, give it time you'll see. its hard to win a conference that dominates the whole nation.

What you have bolded is the truth. And yes we have good leftovers and we get a gem every now and then.

As for winning the sec it can happen if everything falls in the right place but the main problem isn't beating the big boys it would be getting enough depth to actually be able to go against their 2's in late game situations so we can beat all of the big boys. their 2's are almost as good as our 1's we have to get depth to win in this conference. When we go up against florida our first string might very well be as good as theirs but Florida's 2's are on a whole different level than ours. until we fix that we have no chance to win this conference I see a glimmer of hope in the O-Line performing decently without starters, and our two tailback system but we have to be like this at every position to win this conference.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Its not what I am basically saying, it is the truth. Until we out recruit the big boys we have have to accept what we have and be happy with it. What I guess I am saying is that it takes US 100x more effort to compete in the SEC than say a florida or alabama.

Never going to happen. UK will unfortunately always be near the doormat(or the doormat) of the SEC.
The JOKE said tonight that UK is showing improvements
Wow, thinking about all the UK/UL games over the last several years, this has to be the worst combined both teams coming into the game that I can recall. About the best way to put it is that UK is bad, and Louisville is even worse.

Bottom line: When in doubt, pick the team that struggled but won against Western KY, over the team that got beat by Florida International.

Cats 20
Cards 13
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aslan Wrote:I have watched or listened to almost every single UK football game the last 5 or 6 years. I love it. But this is the worst team since we started our bowl streak. What's wrong with me telling the truth? I tell it like I see it. But I will admit, naturally I do look at things with a glass half empty. As much as we all love UK football, you have to remember this is a basketball school. As soon as basketball season ends, we're already anxious for the next season to start. Yeah, it's a slight knock at the football team when I say it, but that don't make me or anyone else any less of a fan. And technically we did get the wins, but we played so bad against such awful teams, it feels like a loss, ya know?

I tell you what you can look forward to basketball season just like every UK fan but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't support this team. As far as your statement about this being the worst team since we started this run I beg to differ. How about the team when Cobb was a freshman and they could barely beat Middle Tenn St. 20-14 and the week before that they had serious problems out of 1-AA Norfolk St. until Cobb took over at QB. Let's not hit the panic button just yet at least this team has a Defense.
As bad as UK looked against Western, Louisville looked as bad or worse against Murray. UK looked horrible for two quarters against Central Michigan, and Louisville just got smacked by FIU. Truth is, this game could go either way. I have a bad feeling about this one.
Louisville 20
Kentucky 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SaveUK Wrote:I tell you what you can look forward to basketball season just like every UK fan but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't support this team. As far as your statement about this being the worst team since we started this run I beg to differ. How about the team when Cobb was a freshman and they could barely beat Middle Tenn St. 20-14 and the week before that they had serious problems out of 1-AA Norfolk St. until Cobb took over at QB. Let's not hit the panic button just yet at least this team has a Defense.

I do support the team, but I'm not completely bias like most people on here, and can see the truth. From what we've seen so far, it does not appear that we have a good team(or even average) this year and the football program is looking to take a step back.
And to the bolded, we'll see. I hope you're right.
I'd take Lou. Trinity over both UK and UofL....

UK - 3
UofL - 0