Poll: Who will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Rockcastle Co.
88.89%
Pulaski Co.
11.11%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Co. @ Rockcastle Co.
Who does Rock have to beat to get at least SOME credit? I like them flying under the radar though Big Grin Rock by 7.
LWC Wrote:Who does Rock have to beat to get at least SOME credit? I like them flying under the radar though Big Grin Rock by 7.

They have to beat someone who is actually good I think, at least that is what the word is around town. When the teams we play have a combined record of 3-11 and one of them is because one of the teams played the other one and won, then I guess we get some respect. But from the games I saw we are very good and have a good defense just like Tony Saylor always has.
I'll take Rock by 2 Touchdowns

Rockcastle - 27
Pulaski County - 13
LWC Wrote:Who does Rock have to beat to get at least SOME credit? I like them flying under the radar though Big Grin Rock by 7.

I think Rock (like Russell Co) is getting credit for how they've won, but I would think everyone (including rock fans) is waiting to see if they look as good against a team that's known to be good. Unfortunately, there are so many questions around Pulaski that the only way you get an answer from this game is if they don't have a good showing against the Maroons. A lot of questions about Rock will be answered next week when they play Perry County Central. A lot of questions about Russell Co will be the following week when we play Rock.
Rock!
who is the rockcastle coaches all of them what kind experience they have any ever played college ball?
I hope the Maroons win this one but, I just don't see it happening. Rockcastle is just a better overall team and it will be played at Rock. Should be interesting to see if Johnny Hines can finally get Pulaski to contain the run. If he can't, it will be a long night for the Maroons. On the bright side, the schedule gets considerably easier for Pulaski after this game.

Rockcastle Co. - 38

Pulaski Co. - 28
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:I hope the Maroons win this one but, I just don't see it happening. Rockcastle is just a better overall team and it will be played at Rock. Should be interesting to see if Johnny Hines can finally get Pulaski to contain the run. If he can't, it will be a long night for the Maroons. On the bright side, the schedule gets considerably easier for Pulaski after this game.

I agree, I'd like to see Pulaski put it together this week. They have the weapons, they're just making young mistakes. I expect Rockcastle to try to bring pressure, but if they do and fail to contain Smith he has the ability to run or run & gun. They had a lot of dropped passes against us.
laker20 Wrote:I agree, I'd like to see Pulaski put it together this week. They have the weapons, they're just making young mistakes. I expect Rockcastle to try to bring pressure, but if they do and fail to contain Smith he has the ability to run or run & gun. They had a lot of dropped passes against us.

Yeah, they're a young and somewhat inexperienced team. I think it is only a matter of time until they put it together. I'm not sure if they'll be able to do it against Rock but, I do expect to see them running on all cylinders come playoff time!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
leecoukfan Wrote:Yeah, they're a young and somewhat inexperienced team. I think it is only a matter of time until they put it together. I'm not sure if they'll be able to do it against Rock but, I do expect to see them running on all cylinders come playoff time!

If they can get to that point, they will be able to do some damage. I'm thinking the same thing, that's why I'm hesitant to say they don't belong in the top 10. We broke down offensively in the 1st half last week and put it together in the second. They played pretty good in the 1st half, but broke down on both sides of the ball in the last 20 minutes.

With the number of Sophomores they have, it would have been better had they been able to get 4-5 games in before the off week.
Rock 35-14.
Game Day!