Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski Co. @ Rockcastle Co.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This game is starting to become a little rivalry over the past three years. who wins
Rock @ Home 35-14
yeah.. rock should have no problem putting this one away
Rockcastle Co-43
Pulaski-26
Rock
tough game @ the rock, that being said pulaski has the talent to beat them, i believe pulaski is better than the other teams rock has played so far IMO, ill chose pulaski to upset them by 3
Rock by a lot. But the opponets have yet to show anything.

Sheldon Clark 0 wins
Frankfort 1 win (vs Sheldon Clark)
Whitley 0 wins
Estill 1 win (vs Morgan)
Pulaski 1 win
Rock:yawn:
Rockcastle county 35
Pulaski county 21

Man i wished we coulda played rock this year. would been a great game with the way rock has turned it around.
Rock by 30
Rock wins 35-28
RC by 3 TDs
Of course, I'm for Rockcastle. I worry about the passing game that Pulaski presents them this time. It will come down to Rock putting pressure on the QB and the secondary protecting the pass on defense. Good luck Rockets!
How good passing offense they got?
2 years ago rock had a 4 TD lead at home with under 5 minutes to go. PC came back and won the game with only a few secounds left. Rock was favored to win that game as well. Rock has to stay focused.
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:Rockcastle county 35
Pulaski county 21

Man i wished we coulda played rock this year. would been a great game with the way rock has turned it around.

Me to!!! its not the same
Getchapull Wrote:How good passing offense they got?

They aren't bad, but they spread you out and run more than anything. They have some athletic receivers than can pick-up some yardage once they have the ball. This will be a test for Rock's DBs.

Team Stats:

vs Hopkinsville 390 Rushing / 91 Passing (4 for 7) Total Yardage 481
vs Somerset 293 Rushing / 65 Passing (9 for 22) Total Yardage 258
vs Russell Co 139 Rushing / 164 Passing (12 for 29) Total Yardage 303
Pulaski does not defend the run well and is not a very physical team. Rockcastle has one of the best running backs in the state in Rowe and is very physical. I think Pulaski can move the ball on Rock but I don't think they'll be able to score enough. I'll take the Rockets by a score 35-28.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Pulaski does not defend the run well and is not a very physical team. Rockcastle has one of the best running backs in the state in Rowe and is very physical. I think Pulaski can move the ball on Rock but I don't think they'll be able to score enough. I'll take the Rockets by a score 35-28.

I think Norm summed this up Dead On. I think both teams D will bend a bit in this game, but Pulaski must bend less to keep this one close. I see Rockcastle by 7-10 points if both teams play as expected, Rockcastle by 14+ is Pulaski plays less than stellar, and Pulaski by a couple if they play well and Rockcastle plays off.

This should be Rock's best competition so far.

One note from the Russell Co - Pulaski game, if Rowe plays special teams, etc watch for Pulaski to try to take some cheap shots blocking him. Our coach took Britt out of KO & Punt coverage because they were targeting him when he was no where near the play......of course he just juke'd the blocker LOL
laker20 Wrote:I think Norm summed this up Dead On. I think both teams D will bend a bit in this game, but Pulaski must bend less to keep this one close. I see Rockcastle by 7-10 points if both teams play as expected, Rockcastle by 14+ is Pulaski plays less than stellar, and Pulaski by a couple if they play well and Rockcastle plays off.

This should be Rock's best competition so far.

One note from the Russell Co - Pulaski game, if Rowe plays special teams, etc watch for Pulaski to try to take some cheap shots blocking him. Our coach took Britt out of KO & Punt coverage because they were targeting him when he was no where near the play......of course he just juke'd the blocker LOL

Sounds about right, not suprising at all.
Rock by 2 Tds
Rockcastle Co.
laker20 Wrote:One note from the Russell Co - Pulaski game, if Rowe plays special teams, etc watch for Pulaski to try to take some cheap shots blocking him. Our coach took Britt out of KO & Punt coverage because they were targeting him when he was no where near the play......of course he just juke'd the blocker LOL

Sounds like something PC would do, do you think the coaches instructed them to do it?
The Rock
former Wrote:Sounds like something PC would do, do you think the coaches instructed them to do it?

I would hate to imply that it was the coach's doings, but on the one particular play we were kicking off and the return man was coming up the left side line and we had him boxed in around the 25 or so. Nick was on the 50 jogging to the right side line just in case, and one of PCs guys (#56 or #58) came full speed at Britt and dove trying to "set a block". Britt just kind of side stepped him. I will say this much, from the kick the boy had to have his eye on Britt with the intention of trying to get a hit in on him if possible.

I think it was an isolated thing, because other than that I have to say it was a pretty clean game with rather good sportsmanship being shown. No late hits, etc.
former Wrote:Sounds like something PC would do, do you think the coaches instructed them to do it?

Surely they wouldn't have someone "hacksaw" another kid. If anything, it might have been a player or two with some ideas. I've heard that Coach Hines at least is straight up from some other coaches.
Does Clark even play special teams..
papagrit Wrote:Surely they wouldn't have someone "hacksaw" another kid. If anything, it might have been a player or two with some ideas. I've heard that Coach Hines at least is straight up from some other coaches.

That's kind of what I was thinking as well, cause like I said, the rest of the game was played with plenty of sportsmanship.
I'm going to take the Rockets with this game being at ROCK.
Getchapull Wrote:Does Clark even play special teams..

I'm not sure if Clark goes out on kickoff returns or not. I think he has some....but not sure how much.
Pages: 1 2