Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County 38 - Pike Central 34
Good old number 65 gets a signature win. Congrats to Tony Burchett and the Powell Co. Pirates on the win.
Great win for the Powell County program. They need to work off this and not be satisfied!
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Congrats to P'burg native Tony "Bug" Burchett on a huge win. Coach Burchett is a class act coach and has Powell going in the right direction.

I did pick PCC but glad Powell pulled the upset !!
Central just can't beat the Pirates. Tongue

Who is the assistant from Belfry down there?
This is one I.M.O. could really break the season for P.C.C. while making the season for Powell.

I think next week is huge for both team.

Can Powell keep it going and can P.C.C. recover from this one?
Ummm.....:yikes:...I am SPEECHLESS!!!! I never expected the Pirates to win this!! Looks like Powell may be better this year than many expected! I am very impressed!

Congrats Pirates!!TongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I called this one
Not sure how true this is. I am hearing rumors that during the halftime of Powell game Coach Chapman blamed Boggs for the team falling behind. Again, not sure to the truth.
Has anyone else heard anything?

If this is true, what could that do to the team, and how will Boggs handle that, or how did he handle it? I do not see how it would be specifically boggs fault, considering all the errors the team had. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this as well and if it is true or if anything else actually happened ?

Also heard he was contemplating quitting all together. Speculation on my part and just trying to get more info on the situation. If there is any truth to the last part, it would be a devastating loss to pike and not sure on who would replace him.
Are you serious! you had several no calls yourself. Can you say sore loser, yes I think you can. The TD that was called back, didn't you score the very next play? I'd be mad too if I talked all that crap and ended up eating crow. Powell is a very good team that beat a very good team. I think you have lost your sense of sportsmanship. WIN WITH GRACE/ LOSE WITH DIGNITY! Some of your players were trash talking after the game. IMOP the only players you have on your team are the WRs, #5 mainly. He is a very good athlete. The WRs make the QB look better than he is. The O line is full of good players. Take your lumps and learn from it. Nobody likes a whiner! :devhttp://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/images/smilies/devilflame.gifilflam
Is Pike Central a little overrated?
questions Wrote:Not sure how true this is. I am hearing rumors that during the halftime of Powell game Coach Chapman blamed Boggs for the team falling behind. Again, not sure to the truth.

If this is true, what could that do to the team, and how will Boggs handle that, or how did he handle it? I do not see how it would be specifically boggs fault, considering all the errors the team had. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this as well and if it is true or if anything else actually happened ?

Also heard he was contemplating quitting all together. Speculation on my part and just trying to get more info on the situation. If there is any truth to the last part, it would be a devastating loss to pike and not sure on who would replace him.

No, I doubt that.

Chapman might have ripped him most coaches do that, but I've talked to Boggs and his family and he's been having Division 1 schools scouting him, so I doubt he's quitting.

king360 Wrote:Is Pike Central a little overrated?

Guess we'll find out in October when the bulk of the district starts and a home game with P-Burg. Wink
I don't think Pike Central is over-rated. I think for the most part, they came in with no respect for their opponent. Sure they say respect all but their body language told other-wise. By the time they started taking Powell serious, Powell was up 3 scores. Pike Central will be fine.
Congrats goes to powell County, you played a good game and got the win. Hawks you need to regroup and learn from this game. The first half of the game was ugly, you can do better. The Hawk team showed me how much heart they have, I was really impressed at how they fought back in the second half. We have to learn from our mistakes and move on.
Popeye Wrote:Are you serious! you had several no calls yourself. Can you say sore loser, yes I think you can. The TD that was called back, didn't you score the very next play? I'd be mad too if I talked all that crap and ended up eating crow. Powell is a very good team that beat a very good team. I think you have lost your sense of sportsmanship. WIN WITH GRACE/ LOSE WITH DIGNITY! Some of your players were trash talking after the game. IMOP the only players you have on your team are the WRs, #5 mainly. He is a very good athlete. The WRs make the QB look better than he is. The O line is full of good players. Take your lumps and learn from it. Nobody likes a whiner! :devhttp://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/images/smilies/devilflame.gifilflam

What exactly are you referring to? Most of the comments on here have been congratulating Powell, and I was around these boys at the end of the game and they were saying nothing, not even talking to one another. So I am unsure of what you heard, but these boys have plenty of sportsmanship. The only players are the WR's? Not sure if we watched the same game, but the passes from Boggs were there, they were not being caught. Dont see how that makes the QB look better than he is. Plus you need to read Boggs' stats before you spout off at the mouth. No one is whining. Powell played a great game, Central didn't. That is all there is to it.
questions Wrote:Not sure how true this is. I am hearing rumors that during the halftime of Powell game Coach Chapman blamed Boggs for the team falling behind. Again, not sure to the truth.

If you are speculating on these things, you really shouldn't be posting them online. Especially if you aren't sure about the amount of truth to them. The boys had a tough game, no team is perfect, and there is no individual player that is responsible for the loss, a football team is exactly that, a TEAM. I am unsure of where you get your information, but it doesn't seem to be a very reliable source.

As far as the quitting comment goes, who are you referring to exactly?
Sharon-Marie Boggs Wrote:As far as the quitting comment goes, who are you referring to exactly?

If hes referring to Chapman. It wouldnt be the first time hes quit when things didnt go his way.....
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If hes referring to Chapman. It wouldnt be the first time hes quit when things didnt go his way.....

no, i was talking about boggs. not chapman.
[quote=Popeye]Are you serious! you had several no calls yourself. Can you say sore loser, yes I think you can. The TD that was called back, didn't you score the very next play? I'd be mad too if I talked all that crap and ended up eating crow. Powell is a very good team that beat a very good team. I think you have lost your sense of sportsmanship. WIN WITH GRACE/ LOSE WITH DIGNITY! Some of your players were trash talking after the game.:lame:

I cannot believe you actually said Pike Central were saying anything after the game. Your players/fans were the one's running through the parking lot acting rude. Our boys were saying NOTHING. They congratulated your team/players yet said nothing back. They accepted the loss with dignity & knew where they had messed up. Nothing was said to any of your players whatsoever!
Congrats powell!
Congrats Powell Co. on the big upset!
questions Wrote:no, i was talking about boggs. not chapman.

:hilarious:

D1 schools recruiting this kid! Give me a break! Why would he quit?! Keep dreaming & making up your rumors. He made terrific passes all night - not his fault they weren't caught. He loves this team & all his teammates & the feelings mutual. You can tell that much. Here's what you can do with your rumors --- :flush:
congrats to PC
A little surprised here. I seen Powell play in a scrimmage and they looked really strong. But I thought PIke Cenrtal would come away with the W. Nevertheless, Congrats Pirates.
hawkfan4lyf Wrote::hilarious:

D1 schools recruiting this kid! Give me a break! Why would he quit?! Keep dreaming & making up your rumors. He made terrific passes all night - not his fault they weren't caught. He loves this team & all his teammates & the feelings mutual. You can tell that much. Here's what you can do with your rumors --- :flush:

Agreed! :biglmao:
Big win for a building program, last year they really didnt upset a team of this caliber. But now theyve turned the tide and powell's gonna turn some more heads by the end of this season..
Burchett= Master of the belly.

This is completely wrong from what I've heard. According to KHSAA Boggs had 333 Passing Yards