Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 38 - Pike Central 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Don't have any details, but this game was a shootout.

Congrats to the Pirates of Powell County.
Upset of the night!
I'll be the first to eat crow on this one..I said PC by 6 TD's...boy was I wrong!
Way to go Powell County Pirates!!!
Burchett is so underrated has a hc.
got to love my pirates!!!!!! maybe people will believe that they are LEGIT!!!!!!
Way to go PIRATES don't let anyone ever count you out!!!
Congrats Pirates!!!! Coach Burchett has done a tremendous job with that program! One of the best overall coaches in the state!
What happened Hawks?

Congrats PC
He has some good Asst. Coaches too! :biggrin:

From a Belfry Pirate to a Powell County Pirate. :rockon: But we forgive him! lol..TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Alotta people are eating a healthty dose of CORW tonight! I believe me and SK were like the only ones to pick the pirates to win this one!
Congrats to the Powell County Pirates and Coach Burchette and Coaches!
Great job Powell Co!
It was 14-7 Powell when I heard.

Congrats Pirates
Good win. Sounds like Powells young football team is rising.
Congrats to Powell County!! Big win for the program and Coach Burchett. Glad to see them doing so well.
MisterPerfect Wrote:What happened Hawks?

Congrats PC
They met up with a very under-rated Pirates team that nobody but the people in the locker room and a lot of Powell Countians believe in. Powell will come up and hit you. Both teams had some good hits. Pike Central is a very solid team but they looked as though all they had to do was show up. Powell County is a DIFFERENT football team now.
The Boggs kid got his yards but as I told some of the players, I don't care if he threw for 500 yds, The final score was all that mattered.
Powell had 300+ yds on the ground with 0 through the air and Pike Central had 300+ yds through the air and negative yds on the ground. I was impressed with Pike's size. They look like men out there. It was a great win and a very exciting game.TongueirateSho
Wow
Hats off to Powell. They had a better game plan . They was the better team tonight. Pike Co came very cold in the first half. Second played a lot better. But it was to late. We know powell was going to be a tough game and it was. Again hat off to powell ,
Holy crap, never saw this coming either. Congrats Powell!
Ummm wow.
Congrats Pirates
A lot of people are eating crow mostly everyone who said the waterboy could coach the hawks and win without chapman. On the other hand, give credit where credit is due sound like Powell Co. had a plan done what they had to do and got the "W".
Wow, I didnt except this one. Congrats Powell, good win.
Powell Co. 38 Pike Co. Central 34

Pike Co. Central 0 8 20 6 34
Powell Co. 12 7 12 7 38
Scoring summary:
Pow--Justin Cox 22 run (kick failed); Pow--Derrick Taulbee 24 run (pass failed); Pow--Taulbee 7 run (Lucas Spencer kick); Pike--Pugh 70 pass from Boggs (Boggs run); Pow--Taulbee 11 run (pass failed); Pike--Pugh 3 run (run failed); Pike--Shrouse 36 pass from Boggs (Boggs run); Pow--Cox 11 run (kick failed); Pike--Shrouse 56 pass from Boggs (pass failed); Pow--Daniel Jones 10 run (Spencer kick); Pike--Shrouse 53 pass from Boggs (run failed).
Records: Powell Co. 2-0. Pike Co. Central 2-1.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z1Wt0dGAKj
Congrats Powell, I never saw this coming.
Big Win for Powell

Unregistered

we played bad but you had some help.Don't get me wrong we deserved to lose but how bout that called back TD and especially that big NO CALL pass interference(by #88)?Not alot of bad calls but funny at the times they came.Neither of of our teams can compete in the playoffs though.
How could Powell Co. NOT be well-coached ? Burchett played and has roots at Prestonsburg. He assisted Haywood when he coached the Blackcats and has assisted Matney at SC and JC. He also has a Belfry assistant now.

If P-burg and Belfry had a baby it would be Powell Co.. Confusednicker:
Pretty funny oneijoe...I didn't speak ahead of time, but if I had, crow would be mine. Congratulations to Powell Co.
WOW. Congrats Powell Co.
Pages: 1 2