Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central-34 vs Knox Central-28
If perry would put 4 quarters together this game wouldn't have been close, they came out in the 2nd and 3rd quarter and laid an egg, Perry was clearly fastest team on the field but most of the wide open receivers were over thrown. Knox Counties line was freakin enormous, made my heart drop when they came onto the field but clearly size isn't everything. I don't think I even need to say anything about Matt Robinson because he did all of his talking his self, Perry needs to keep the ball on the ground with this kid. But congrats to Perry for winning the game and to Knox for playing as well as they did.
perry is tougher then they have ever been IMO, i didnt think knox looked AS good as ppl let on, but they was a physical team and had alot of size perry could have won by 3 yds tho maybe 4, also LOL @ #56 for Tongueuke:
I hope Lawrence gets in a good week of practice. These boys are the real deal!
Also I was pretty impressed with #50 from Knox, one of my friends was telling me how good of a D lineman he was and he didn't disappoint.
Congrats PCC.
I got to catch a little bit of this one on WYMT.
I must say, Perry looks much improved from last years team.
The biggest difference i saw was the beatty, pray, and huff kid not lookin so weak. It seemed like when they played Whitley last year they were very soft but that didnt show tonight.
I honestly think PCC will give Harlan Co. a decent game this year.I think HC will win, but that might be the only loss PCC picks up this year.
Congrats PCC, on another impressive win. Coach Haddix is the man!
Congrats Perry on another W. Thanks Zaga for keepin me updated on Twitter, Me and Ballers were stuck at work and couldnt make it.
I watched most of this on WYMT, and hat's off to PCC, a strong 3rd Qrt defensively took the momentum in this one. Robinson and Canady were as billed, but IMO PCC's QB won this game. He didn't try to force too much, and rolled out of the pocket to allow time for his receivers to complete the route. A very nice performance.
king360 Wrote:Also I was pretty impressed with #50 from Knox, one of my friends was telling me how good of a D lineman he was and he didn't disappoint.
He can play a little... LOL. His pick 6 was every d-lineman's dream come true - then to kick the extra point afterwards is icing on the cake. Add a couple QB sacks, several knock down blocks, and a slew of tackles to the mix and he clearly earned his steak dinner. He and Jared Deaton had a good war most of the game. They made each other better for district and playoff action. Neither are likely to see any better competition the rest of the year.

I had the honor of speaking to Deaton after the game - class act. He and Codi Diamond are great players who make the game a better thing to watch. If the scouts have a brain both these guys will play on Saturday. But the recruiting process is a tangled web of good old boy networks, coach relationships, combines that often have no correlation to real football, and playing at Trinity or X... LOL. It is rare for mountain warriors like Deaton and Diamond to get the attention and thus offers they deserve. Maybe a good game like this will help them both in that process.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Zagas gonna have a hard time talking trash in this thread this week. Seems like everyone is pretty level headed from Knox. ( No one has blamed the refs yet, no ones said Knox is rebuilding, no one has said wait and see what happens in 2 years.)

Guess im trying to get the Johnson Central fans rowdy again.

And I honestly don't have a problem with it Smile

I only hand it to those that ask for it!
Football1 Wrote:He can play a little... LOL. His pick 6 was every d-lineman's dream come true - then to kick the extra point afterwards is icing on the cake. Add a couple QB sacks, several knock down blocks, and a slew of tackles to the mix and he clearly earned his steak dinner. He and Jared Deaton had a good war most of the game. They made each other better for district and playoff action. Neither are likely to see any better competition the rest of the year.

I had the honor of speaking to Deaton after the game - class act. He and Codi Diamond are great players who make the game a better thing to watch. If the scouts have a brain both these guys will play on Saturday. But the recruiting process is a tangled web of good old boy networks, coach relationships, combines that often have no correlation to real football, and playing at Trinity or X... LOL. Not always do the warriors like Deaton and Diamond get the offers they deserve. Maybe a good game like this will help them both in that process.

You are probably correct, both are great players, it was a nice battle to watch in the trenches.

Quote:Big probs to Huff, Rankin, Beatty, and White. Several huge plays from each of those guys.

Don't forget about Pray, had some real nice grabs over the middle and a great run on that fake punt!

Also, I thought Devan Brewer and Daniel Messer done a great job on the DL last night, I believe they each had 1-2 sacks.
Congrats PCC
Pray made some nice catches and Bryan Rankin run the ball like a running back is suppose too. Rough to bring down and keeps his legs turning until he is down.
Football1 Wrote:Interesting to see so many say PCC has the speed advantage over Knox. Our DB's are as fast as they get around here and we have 280 lb lineman who are 5 flat guys with lateral movement far better than many lineman we face who are smaller. If indeed you are faster than us you will go far this year.

I don't think speed is your advantage at all. PCC has proven to date to have a sound passing offense. In the mountains that is always a big advantage. Nobody but Jude and Davenport have had any real success running the ball against us. And likely, you want either. But if you can toss it before one of our Dlineman inject a headache in your helmet you pose a threat to score. That is a big IF.

Knox 35
PCC 14

if

^If I could have made that "if" any smaller I would have Smile
prototype Wrote:Ok I have read all the PCC crap that I can stand. I would love to know the speed of your wide receivers? KC DB are all 4.6 or better. As far as skill positions goes we are at the top of the food chain. Let 210 lbs come running at you at 4.5 speed. It will alll be settled Friday night keep tooting your horn that is fine. You have won 2 very good games and have stood the test. I dont see either team with a loss yet but Friday night someone is going home with a loss. Don't be suprised when our very skilled DB's pick off some of those passes. It wont be so easy running on the ground either. Our Starting Defense has only given up 13pts in 2 games. Don't look for those scores to come easy. Low scoring game. KC 21 PCC 14

I don't think they looked for them to....
but....
they did Smile
Football1 Wrote:How fast is the Beatty kid. Canady ran a 3.9 shuttle at the UK camp. That and a cold hot dog from the concession stand may impact the outcome of this game equally. But if we really want to talk speed lets do so with public facts not stadium observations. PCC is a good team who may hand us our lunch. But it will be on the arm of their qb not the legs of their receivers. And for him to get to throw it he will need to stay out of the loving arms of 56 and 50. Deaton can block one of them but not both.

Note that :-)

He did a pretty good job of staying away from them Smile

No hard feeling Football1 Confusedinglepar
You're one of the more humble posters on here and Knox really just ran into a buzzsaw on Friday night.
Perry is a tough matchup for a lot of teams the way they are playing.
I just made some mental notes I had to follow through with :flame:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Don't forget about Pray, had some real nice grabs over the middle and a great run on that fake punt!

Also, I thought Devan Brewer and Daniel Messer done a great job on the DL last night, I believe they each had 1-2 sacks.

Yeah, I have no idea how I forgot about Pray. He played great as well. The fake punt was one of the biggest plays in the game.
JC had a blowout win against Clay. So this win coupled with that makes the Dores look good to me.
Well, the Commodores continue to impress! I honestly thought that Knox Central would win this one but, obviously I was wrong! I think this is the game that proves that Perry Central is the real deal because I was really looking for them to have a let down after the HUGE win over Johnson Central. Keep it up Dores!!!

Congrats Commodores!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Without Pray, the commodores wouldn't be undefeated right now.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Without Pray, the commodores wouldn't be undefeated right now.

Your probably right, he is the most sure handed receiver we have. Him and Jay White have combined for several huge 3rd and 4th down conversions this year.
big blu 2 u Wrote:the two things that most concerned me[huff and the coach] made the difference.coach gambled on 4th downs[seems like we get beat on those often],shovel pass,[see my last comment in parenthesis] remember the bell co shovel pass?and we still dont tackle like we should,we got carried a lot and allowed yards after contact.all in all we were out coached and out played.that being said we can learn and build on this game.btw did we run the ball the 2nd half? i still see this squad going deep,maybe past regional game.lots of young guys growing up each game.congads pcc.

The first loss and its already the new coach's fault? Good gosh.
PCC just out coached us in this one. Diamond and Grubb continues to impress me. We are hurting at LB and I can't for the life of me figure out what we are doing on either side of the ball? For the last 4 yrs our strength has been our defense and we change our philosophy??? Don't make sense.
zaga_fan Wrote:He did a pretty good job of staying away from them Smile

No hard feeling Football1 Confusedinglepar
You're one of the more humble posters on here and Knox really just ran into a buzzsaw on Friday night.
Perry is a tough matchup for a lot of teams the way they are playing.
I just made some mental notes I had to follow through with :flame:
You have every right to be proud of your team. They beat a very good team. We are far from where I think we can be come playoff time but we are a good test for anybody in this area. Beating us says you are no 1 hit wonder.

And I don't mind eating crow at all. I felt we would win and I said as much. I was wrong which I think takes my life count of wrongs up somewhere around 23 or 24... LOL.
William Muney Wrote:PCC just out coached us in this one. Diamond and Grubb continues to impress me. We are hurting at LB and I can't for the life of me figure out what we are doing on either side of the ball? For the last 4 yrs our strength has been our defense and we change our philosophy??? Don't make sense.
I don't disagree with you. We need changes on offense - not defense.
Congratulations Cody Hollon on the bowls’ Lineman MVP Award. It seems everyone else got a shout out for their favorite player or son but you went home with the hardware. Also congratulations for receiving 6th. Place in State wresting competition. I’m sure your parents and family are proud.
rojas Wrote:The first loss and its already the new coach's fault? Good gosh.
yes...it can happen.
Roundabout Wrote:Congratulations Cody Hollon on the bowls’ Lineman MVP Award. It seems everyone else got a shout out for their favorite player or son but you went home with the hardware. Also congratulations for receiving 6th. Place in State wresting competition. I’m sure your parents and family are proud.

Cody is a HUGE asset to the Commodores. He has made a great impact for the defense. Also I cant wait to see what he does this year in wrestling. He was so close to the finals last year.
PEOPLESCHAMP Wrote:Cody is a HUGE asset to the Commodores. He has made a great impact for the defense. Also I cant wait to see what he does this year in wrestling. He was so close to the finals last year.

Agreed. He is an invaluable asset for us this year. So glad to have him back, he is a great young man.
I just got done watching my copy of this game and wanted to say CONGRATS TO COACH HADDIX.

Perry seems to have some really good players.

#8 runs hard and has some speed to burn.

#2 looks like he has a good set of hands and has some hops, which is bad news to all DB he will face.