Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best QB in the mountains????
MVP2 Wrote:1.Alan Boggs--Pike Co. Central.
2.Kyle Huff--PerryCentral
3.Alex Lange---Somerset
4.Adam Crisp--Prestonsburg
5.Richard Trent--Breathitt Co.
6.Chase Roark--Middlesboro
7.Logan Johnson---Letcher Central
8. Johnathan Barger--Knox Central
9.Randy Maynard-Pikeville
10.Ty Saragas-Harlan

This is a good list as of today. It will probably change as the season goes along but all of the above mentioned QBs are good ones. Lots of good QBs in the mountains this year.
William Boggs Wrote:Also, Belfry's QB, not sure what his name is- but Belfry showed some passing ability, and what little bit they threw the ball he did not look bad at all. JMO. But we all know that Belfry shows a little pass the beginning of the season, then ends up in the wishbone.

Sani Warren is their QB,I believe.He is known for his speed and pretty good arm.
HornetSting Wrote:Sani Warren is their QB,I believe.He is known for his speed and pretty good arm.

He is their back-up QB, Tyler Williams is the starter.

Anyways, Alan Boggs I've seen plenty enough of to say he's the real deal.
Richard Trent, Kyle Huff, and Alan Boggs are top 3.
Huff and Roark are the best I have seen at this point in the season.

I love Randy, but he is not a pure QB. He is one of the better football players in the area. A football player that is needed at QB for the Panthers.

Then you have Boggs who piles up huge numbers, still looking for that signature win.

Crisp is solid.
I look for Logan Johnson to have a great year. After a few year with Coach Whitaker I look for him to shine. The kid is a great athlete.
Kyle Huff is the real deal, haven't seen the others yet, but he is impressive.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Huff and Roark are the best I have seen at this point in the season.

I love Randy, but he is not a pure QB. He is one of the better football players in the area. A football player that is needed at QB for the Panthers.

Then you have Boggs who piles up huge numbers, still looking for that signature win.

Crisp is solid.
PT, I agree. There are other QB's who are much better QB's than Randy. One of my main reasons for even listing him in consideration is that I feel we've overlooked something VERY important when having this discussion: leadership. You point out the excellent point that he is a very good football player who is needed at QB. And therein lies my point, that the mark of a true, very good QB is one who leads his team while also demonstrating if not mastership of QB skills, at least very strong skills. Randy has a very decent arm, outstanding scrambling abilities, outstanding safety skills, and very nice hands (as shown by his play at WR against Tellico). He will never be a Boggs, Huff, or Roark, but I'd build a team around him any day, based on his leadership and character. Like Boggs, however, he is searching for that true signature win, IMO.
jetpilot Wrote:My grandmother can do that against Bourbon Co. and Hancock Co. TN.
Roark is good but let's see what he does against a team that can play a lick.

Well if Your grandmother can do all that...Then I want to meet her..lol
&& I Have 2 agree with WYMT...Roark is THE BEST Quarterback in The Mountains.
Hes got my Vote.:Thumbs:
Jordy Brewer NEVER gets any discussion in these types of polls because of the offense Harlan County runs and I will not even attempt to agrue he is the best....but when you put a top 10 list together he has to be on it. All he does is win and can kill you with his feet and decision making. On top of that he fields punts and is a hack of a defender....may not be the best QB in the mountains but dang sure deserves some recognition.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Jordy Brewer NEVER gets any discussion in these types of polls because of the offense Harlan County runs and I will not even attempt to agrue he is the best....but when you put a top 10 list together he has to be on it. All he does is win and can kill you with his feet and decision making. On top of that he fields punts and is a hack of a defender....may not be the best QB in the mountains but dang sure deserves some recognition.
I agree with that Bear Paw. Jordy is more of the field general type. If anyone thinks he can't throw the ball,watchout he will and he will score on you. There's nothing he can't do. No QB could run HC's offense any better than Jordy. He puts his signature on it.
IMO, Chase Roark is the best QB in the mountains. Boggs is close though.
I have to mention our QB at Leslie Co.

Ethan Horton was 13-19 for 325 and 3 TD's in his debut game for Leslie Co. Made great decisions and can throw the heck out of it..
Going with Trent from Breathitt. Kids going to take them deep in playoffs.
1.Logan Johnson
2.Kyle Huff
3.Alan Boggs
4.Adam Crisp
5.Richard Trent
kyle huff and richard trent so far that may change whitaker from hazard is gonna be pretty good by seasons end i think
Boggs, Huff, Roark, Johnson, Crisp and Trent are allk good Quaterbacks. I would give the slight edge to Boggs thou. Hes the best imo. But a sophmore from Betsy Lane will be as good if not better than most of the players I listed. Dylan Hamilton is his name. He will be talked about more after they get some wins but he could be one of if not the best QB's to play in the mountains, behind Tim Couch. I honestly belive that. I wish he would have went to P-burg so his name would get out there. He will be byfar the best player to ever play football at BL .He is also a great linebacker. Hes a younger version of John Michael Mayo that played for pikeville. Imo He will be better. Watch out for this kid. He's a special player.

Gotta throw in Rany Maynard as posted before he is the best leader in EKY. IMO he is a better runner than passer thou. He does alot for pikeville even when he doesn't score or make a big play. all-around one of the best FOOTBALL players in the mountains.
My vote goes for Chase Roark of Middlesboro! The Bell County game will not determine whether or not he is the best QB in the mountains considering a number of factors will determing how Chase and the Yellow Jackets perform tonight.
I've seen the Harlow kid from Allen Central, he has a real strong arm and does a lot with it, throws real good ball mostly on the run when the O line does not block well, maybe not the best but I believe in the top 10
I have to say Belfry has one of the best QB in the mountains he can throw he can run the ball and he is a great leader.
Kentucky have Mountains are they big hills ?
Tailback44 Wrote:Richard Trent, Kyle Huff, and Alan Boggs are top 3.

All 3 Breathitt Products.
Jordy Brewer-Harlan Co
Boggs and Huff has gotta be at least in the top 2. Johnson from Letcher looks pretty good from what i've seen of him and Prestonsburg's QB looks good.
I believe Huff is the best QB in the Mountains.
Unregistered Wrote:My vote goes for Chase Roark of Middlesboro! The Bell County game will not determine whether or not he is the best QB in the mountains considering a number of factors will determing how Chase and the Yellow Jackets perform tonight.

And QB play figures into it. You can not point out that one particular game is not indicative. While I didn't see his play and have not seen his stats, absolutely, a game against a school like them DOES have an impact on determining who is among the best. The best find a way, if not to win, to be at least competitive and make plays.
PHSForever Wrote:And QB play figures into it. You can not point out that one particular game is not indicative. While I didn't see his play and have not seen his stats, absolutely, a game against a school like them DOES have an impact on determining who is among the best. The best find a way, if not to win, to be at least competitive and make plays.

His stats did drop considerably. He threw for about 135 yd's and one TD. He added one run for a score.