Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Complaint forces school district to pull pre-game prayer
awesome post football 1. perfectly said. Praise God! As for your golf game, putting is the key my man.
Gitback Coach Wrote:I simply cannot see why this is such a big issue. There's an appropriate time and place for everything. We all have interests, pursuits and hobbies of all types, and most reasonable human beings find ways to consider others and peacefully co-exist.

Don't broadcast prayers at ball games, and I promise not to come into your church to work on my golf game. Simple stuff.

Being a Christian is a whole lot more than an interest, pursuit, or hobby-it is a way of life. It is as important as the air we breathe (which the Lord provides). We are charged to share the gospel with everyone that we come in contact with. So, to me it is a big deal. By the way, I like to play golf too, just not on Sunday!
nky Wrote:MOment of silence may violate the Sumpreme Court Case
Wallace v. Jaffree,1985

The state of Virginia has a moment of silence before the beginning of school every day. It has not been overturned in the courts yet.
Hatz Wrote:The state of Virginia has a moment of silence before the beginning of school every day. It has not been overturned in the courts yet.
very true the Brown v. Gilmore case the Sumpere Court has refused to hear the case.
When wording such a policy a school district needs to understand what they can or can not say
Hatz Wrote:The state of Virginia has a moment of silence before the beginning of school every day. It has not been overturned in the courts yet.

Yes, and if we don't hold onto what little we have left, these people are working 24/7 to have it taken away. We have to stand together, United, and quit letting them dictate everything and not fighting for what we know is right.
I've got absolutely NO problem with silence . . . silence is non-denominational. Silence endorses/espouses no particular faith or non-faith over others. Silence is by far the preferred alternative to proselytizing.

Silence is golden. Let's do that one.
Our constitution was written based on christian beliefs. The first amendment states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.." By not allowing those who choose to practice their religion (even on state owned property), then they are prohibiting the free excercise of my religion. A non-believer sitting quitely through a prayer is not such a horriblie ordeal that warrants a counter of attacking anyone else's excercise of religion. And this is in no way being an example of "reasonable human beings find ways to consider others and peacefully co-exist."

Why is this a big deal? It's a big deal when anyone attempts to prohibit someone else from practicing their religion. No one asked these people to take part in the prayer, only to respect the rights of those who did so.

I agree 100% that there is a time and a place for everything, and as a christian I think there's no more appropriate time to pray for the well being of the kids participating in a sport than prior to the game.