Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dorton Wildcat Invitational (Boys' Basketball) November 14th-18th
ifyasmell Wrote:I think Pikeville is the clear favorite right now... But this tournament will help clear the picture... Dorton, Pikeville, Louisa, and Paintsville should win their pool play... with Virgie, Betsy Layne, Johns Creek and AB Combs coming in 2nd... if this holds true we could see match up of

Dorton vs Virgie
Pikeville vs AB Combs
Paintsville vs Johns Creek
Louisa vs Betsy Layne

This would be some very good games... this whole tournament will be full of good games... i personally can't wait..

Herald Whitaker is a very strong team with the capability of winning this entire tournament. It's going to be interesting.
I don't know about Whitesburg but Herald Whitaker is a real good team. I think they will definitely come out of pool play. They could win the whole thing.
From what i was told about Herald Whitaker they are good and could very well win the whole thing... My thinking was that Dorton would beat Herald Whitaker in game 1 of pool play in a very good ball game... then Herald Whitaker would have to turn around and play a fresh Johns Creek team... of course this is just my opinion... if they beat Dorton in that opening game then all bets are off.
School Admin. Wrote:Coach Davis, if you need another team, let me know.

If anyone drops out, I'll let you know. Hazard and Mullins both inquired about playing, but it was after I already had everything set. I would love to be able to accomodate more teams, but we don't have the time or space available. Thanks.
What kind of team does Johns Creek have?
What kind of team does Johns Creek have?
dozerdawg707 Wrote:What kind of team does Johns Creek have?

Johns Creek has a very good team. They have one of the best players around in Teddy Smith.
pirate*fan#2 Wrote:Hopefully we will be a good team. We have some pretty good players we are loaded with guards and very few big men. So some kids will have to play out of position I think but I do think they will handle it pretty well.

Belfry has a nice team. They play hard.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Johns Creek has a very good team. They have one of the best players around in Teddy Smith.
He is a well rounded player and works very hard.
bball_fan Wrote:I'd say this tournament will go a long way to showing the region where everyone stands, Coach Davis has really put together a great show case of talent. Pre-season, I was say the top ten teams in the 15th are...
1.Louisa
2.Pikeville
3.Betsy Layne
4.Paintsville
5.Dorton
6.Johnson Central
7.Adams
8.Martin County
9.Maggoffin County
10.South Floyd
Should be very interesting to see how things shake out after this is over.
Looks like Johns Creek and Belfry should be on the list.