Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton Wildcat Invitational (Boys' Basketball) November 14th-18th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am looking for at least 8 teams (2 game guarantee/no entry fee) for our annual early season tournament.

If interested, contact Coach Davis at 637-8458 (home), 794-6296 (cell), 639-6521 (school), or email at [email=randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us]randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us[/email]

Would love to have the best teams around such as Pikeville, Louisa, Paintsville, Betsy Layne, Chavies, AB Combs, Virgie, Johns Creek, Belfry, etc. Would make for a very competitive tournament.
Betsy Layne will play.
scbmike1 Wrote:Betsy Layne will play.

Thanks. We would love to have you guys.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Thanks. We would love to have you guys.

Looks like we have Paintsville, Dorton, and Betsy Layne so far. I also left out Herald Whitaker in my first post. They should have a really strong team and they always play in the tournament. Hopefully Coach Russell can fit it into his schedule.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I am looking for at least 8 teams (2 game guarantee/no entry fee) for our annual early season tournament.

If interested, contact Coach Davis at 637-8458 (home), 794-6296 (cell), 639-6521 (school), or email at [email=randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us]randy.davis@pike.kyschools.us[/email]

Would love to have the best teams around such as Pikeville, Louisa, Paintsville, Betsy Layne, Chavies, AB Combs, Virgie, Johns Creek, Belfry, etc. Would make for a very competitive tournament.

Also just realized that I made a typo on my home phone number. It should be 637-6458.
Update of teams entered so far:

1)Dorton
2)Betsy Layne
3)Paintsville
4)AB Combs
I would like to encourage anyone who can get in this tournament to step up and play. Last season EC won this Tourney, and they became a much better team. Personally, I would love to see Pikeville, Chavies, Hazard, Cowan, Johnson Central and Virgie add to what is already committed. Coach Davis hosts a terrific tournament and everything is very accommadated and equal.
As a fan of basketball I love to see young kids compete and it is not as exciting watching blowouts so some of you better teams join in.........I may have left out some good teams .....Magoffin, Johns Creek, Belfry, Adams and others just come and let your team grow and see how they can measure up against the mighty Wildcats!!
You guys may want to invite South Floyd, they should be pretty tough this year as well! Also, hope all of these teams you listed come play so we can have the very best of the best from this area play! Thanks for having us Coach Davis.
bball_fan Wrote:You guys may want to invite South Floyd, they should be pretty tough this year as well! Also, hope all of these teams you listed come play so we can have the very best of the best from this area play! Thanks for having us Coach Davis.

We're glad to have you guys. You guys will be tough for anyone to beat. Who coaches South Floyd? I will try to get in touch with them.
Put Louisa in. Call Coach Preece to confirm. I just spoke with him about it.
dozerdawg707 Wrote:Put Louisa in. Call Coach Preece to confirm. I just spoke with him about it.

I will. Thanks and I'll try to get in touch with him today or tomorrow.
I think south floyd's coach name is dusty tackett
Update:

1)Dorton
2)Betsy Layne
3)Paintsville
4)AB Combs
5)Louisa
Sorry Whitesburg's name hasn't been mentioned with all these other good teams but if you have room, we'd love to come over! You guys have always been great when we play in your tournament.
Belvedere Wrote:Sorry Whitesburg's name hasn't been mentioned with all these other good teams but if you have room, we'd love to come over! You guys have always been great when we play in your tournament.

We would love to have you play. With all the names thrown out there, I can't believe we forgot to mention you guys. Whitesburg always puts a good team on the court.
Update:

1)Dorton
2)Betsy Layne
3)Paintsville
4)AB Combs
5)Louisa
6)Whitesburg
Update:

1)Dorton
2)Betsy Layne
3)Paintsville
4)AB Combs
5)Louisa
6)Whitesburg
7)Belfry
8)Herald Whitaker

*We can still take at least 4 more teams if anyone else is interested.
[color="blue"]We really need to get Pikeville in tourney. Will definitely tell everybody where they stand, where the needs of improvement are.

Coach Howard[/color]
scbmike1 Wrote:We really need to get Pikeville in tourney. Will definitely tell everybody where they stand, where the needs of improvement are.

Coach Howard

Yeah, I definitely want to get them in it. Bart Williams is supposed to talk to Coach Johnson about playing and get back to me.
It seems like every time we(Louisa) plays Pikeville it is a 1 point game either way.
Quote:
dozerdawg707 Wrote:It seems like every time we(Louisa) plays Pikeville it is a 1 point game either way.

You and them are the best of the best around Eastern Ky and two of the better middle school teams in the state. Looking forward to this tournament and it is almost 3 months away lol.
Thanks on behalf of the young men on each team. There are several really good teams in eastern ky. The future of basketball in this area looks bright. It is less than 3 months away.
Update:

1)Dorton
2)Betsy Layne
3)Paintsville
4)AB Combs
5)Louisa
6)Whitesburg
7)Belfry
8)Herald Whitaker
9)Virgie
It is shaping up as a good one. I'm already looking forward to it.
Thanks for having us
hey guys, what are your thoughts on Mullins this year? I know they lost the Meade kid, How do you think they will do?
lfsmgr Wrote:hey guys, what are your thoughts on Mullins this year? I know they lost the Meade kid, How do you think they will do?

To me it depends alot on if Burnett plays middle school. I have heard that he may not, but who knows. I know they have Hunter Clark who is a good player. Besides those 2 I don't know a lot about them.
Kent Campbell Wrote:Thanks for having us

Thanks for participating. Looking forward to it.
I hope somewhere in this we get a shot at Louisa, I want to know where we, Betsy Layne, stand!
Mike Coleman of Millard mentioned to me about trying to get into this as well
Pages: 1 2 3