Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central Matt Robinson
Mama Bear Wrote:You better play nice! :dontthink

I always do TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
easyM Wrote:Common sense???? I'm out when it comes to that.
Always ready for some football. We're young but I think we'll be ok near the end of the year. We have Lex Cath right off the bat this year. That will be a tough one. Especially for our defense.
How's Perry Central looking?

It's going to be a rough season, mostly because of a tough schedule.
Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, and Knox in the first 3 games.
The line takes a big hit but every skill player is back so we're probably going to be gunslingers again.
We'll see what happens lol
zaga_fan Wrote:It's going to be a rough season, mostly because of a tough schedule.
Prestonsburg, Johnson Central, and Knox in the first 3 games.
The line takes a big hit but every skill player is back so we're probably going to be gunslingers again.
We'll see what happens lol

We're pretty young. We lost a lot of good players but I think as the year goes we'll be fine. This year will be different for us. We've lost a lot of talent over the last three years. We have some good young players coming up though. It's just going to take them awhile....
To my boy : Orangenowblue

Yeah Jr. trampled us for about 50 yards my Jr. year. They beat us 12 to 7. Jr. was an ALL STATER and he was good. Andre Hill dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him right in the chest. Wide Open. Our coach ran 3 plays. Didnt know anything. Didnt play people in the positions they should of been in, played favoritism to make some mommies and daddies happy. Yes it killed Perry County football. If Napier would of had taken football as serious as they do now at Perry Central, (and it still could improve at PCC) Napier would could of had some really good teams. If Bert Brown, John Chapman, Haddix, or someone that knows football would of been there, they would of been beating Letcher County teams on a regular basis. But they didnt. Letcher has the better football tradition. Having Harold Combs as Pricipal brought Napier down really bad. He didnt even know what a football looked like and could of cared less. Napier High School was set up for failure from the get go in Football. But I will say this, I had a lot of fun playing for Bill Dixon. He might of not knew a lot about the game but he was a real nice guy and I enjoyed playing football and baseball for him. He done the best he could under the circumstances.
Pardon my horrible grammer above.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm pretty sure you're considered a VIP after 3k posts.
If there were any other basis for it I wouldn't make the cut lol

LOL. The same for me also.
warmachine Wrote:To my boy : Orangenowblue

Yeah Jr. trampled us for about 50 yards my Jr. year. They beat us 12 to 7. Jr. was an ALL STATER and he was good. Andre Hill dropped a pass in the endzone that hit him right in the chest. Wide Open. Our coach ran 3 plays. Didnt know anything. Didnt play people in the positions they should of been in, played favoritism to make some mommies and daddies happy. Yes it killed Perry County football. If Napier would of had taken football as serious as they do now at Perry Central, (and it still could improve at PCC) Napier would could of had some really good teams. If Bert Brown, John Chapman, Haddix, or someone that knows football would of been there, they would of been beating Letcher County teams on a regular basis. But they didnt. Letcher has the better football tradition. Having Harold Combs as Pricipal brought Napier down really bad. He didnt even know what a football looked like and could of cared less. Napier High School was set up for failure from the get go in Football. But I will say this, I had a lot of fun playing for Bill Dixon. He might of not knew a lot about the game but he was a real nice guy and I enjoyed playing football and baseball for him. He done the best he could under the circumstances.

I believe Bill Dixon was football coach way before Harold Combs was principal.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd like to see Ballers take a shot from MR Wink

I'd like to think I'm a lot quicker than the boys in the vid running with the ball. Wink
Ballers Wrote:I'd like to think I'm a lot quicker than the boys in the vid running with the ball. Wink

I'm sure we can set up something if you want to test your speed out Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sure we can set up something if you want to test your speed out Wink

:Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm sure we can set up something if you want to test your speed out Wink

I run the 100m dash (which is much bigger than a regular 40 yard run for the football ppls on here) in 11 seconds flat. Name someone in the mountains that can do that or better.

However you want to go about this, give me the pads and helmet..
I'm game.
Ballers Wrote:I run the 100m dash (which is much bigger than a regular 40 yard run for the football ppls on here) in 11 seconds flat. Name someone in the mountains that can do that or better.

However you want to go about this, give me the pads and helmet..
I'm game.

I'm just giving you a hard time....
As we know my strong suit was never speed or athletic ability Wink
However, I was captain of the academic team and I'm going to be a math teacher after I finish school so I can do some pretty good "calculations".

Let's do a word problem!

Ballers runs very fast. Ballers can run a 100 yard dash in 11.0 seconds. How fast would Ballers 40 yard dash time be? (Assume Ballers runs both the 40 yard dash and the 100 yard dash at the same average rate of speed)

We'll solve this using Ratios.

40 yards : 100 yards
^ This can be simplified down by dividing by 20
2 : 5

Assuming Ballers runs both the 40 yard dash and the 100 yard dash at the same average rate of speed, we can gather is 40 yard dash time from the 100 yard dash time using the 2 : 5 ratio.

so....
now we have

2 : 5 = x : 11
Multiply the 100 yd dash time by 2/5
or 40% and you get 4.4

2 : 5 = 4.4 : 11

Ballers can run a 4.4 second 40!!!!!!

Basic knowledge of how the human body works would lead someone to believe that your 40 yard dash time would be at a higher average speed that your 100 yard dash time....
but we won't give Ballers the benefit of a doubt.

4.4 seconds means Ballers is as fast or faster than....
Derrick Locke (4.40 at the 2011 combine)
Percy Harvin (4.41 at the 2009 combine)
DeMarco Murray (4.41 at the 2011 combine)
Rashard Mendenhall (4.45 at the 2008 combine)
Matt Forte (4.46 at the 2008 combine)
Steve Breaston (4.41 at the 2007 combine)
Adrian Peterson (4.40 at the 2007 combine)
Chris Henry (4.40 at the 2007 combine)

Forgive me for comparing Ballers to all of these scrubs.
This was the draft combine so they probably came in out of shape and not looking to do very well in a 40 yard dash.
Plus....
Ballers is probably faster than a 4.4 anyway because we were basing this off of a longer run.
He probably runs about as fast as the recent record-holder Chris Johnson (4.24)
^I need something to do on a Saturday lol
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm just giving you a hard time....
As we know my strong suit was never speed or athletic ability Wink
However, I was captain of the academic team and I'm going to be a math teacher after I finish school so I can do some pretty good "calculations".

Let's do a word problem!

Ballers runs very fast. Ballers can run a 100 yard dash in 11.0 seconds. How fast would Ballers 40 yard dash time be? (Assume Ballers runs both the 40 yard dash and the 100 yard dash at the same average rate of speed)

We'll solve this using Ratios.

40 yards : 100 yards
^ This can be simplified down by dividing by 20
2 : 5

Assuming Ballers runs both the 40 yard dash and the 100 yard dash at the same average rate of speed, we can gather is 40 yard dash time from the 100 yard dash time using the 2 : 5 ratio.

so....
now we have

2 : 5 = x : 11
Multiply the 100 yd dash time by 2/5
or 40% and you get 4.4

2 : 5 = 4.4 : 11

Ballers can run a 4.4 second 40!!!!!!

Basic knowledge of how the human body works would lead someone to believe that your 40 yard dash time would be at a higher average speed that your 100 yard dash time....
but we won't give Ballers the benefit of a doubt.

4.4 seconds means Ballers is as fast or faster than....
Derrick Locke (4.40 at the 2011 combine)
Percy Harvin (4.41 at the 2009 combine)
DeMarco Murray (4.41 at the 2011 combine)
Rashard Mendenhall (4.45 at the 2008 combine)
Matt Forte (4.46 at the 2008 combine)
Steve Breaston (4.41 at the 2007 combine)
Adrian Peterson (4.40 at the 2007 combine)
Chris Henry (4.40 at the 2007 combine)

Forgive me for comparing Ballers to all of these scrubs.
This was the draft combine so they probably came in out of shape and not looking to do very well in a 40 yard dash.
Plus....
Ballers is probably faster than a 4.4 anyway because we were basic this off of a longer run.
He probably runs about as fast as the recent record-holder Chris Johnson (4.24)

LOL :notworthy
That has killed me LOL..

Hey man, in all seriousness. I can run a 100m dash in 11 seconds. If you want we can record a 40 time and I gurantee its in the 4's.

MVP2.. Don't hate because you know damn well I can do it.
How about me put some bets on it???
MVP2, you're also a betting man. How about your avatar and 20 bux?
Come on now, let's not be shy..
I'm only a bronze medalist in the state of KY.. I am almost sure I don't know what I'm talking about.
Ballers Wrote:That has killed me LOL..

Hey man, in all seriousness. I can run a 100m dash in 11 seconds. If you want we can record a 40 time and I gurantee its in the 4's.

MVP2.. Don't hate because you know damn well I can do it.
How about me put some bets on it???
MVP2, you're also a betting man. How about your avatar and 20 bux?
Come on now, let's not be shy..
I'm only a bronze medalist in the state of KY.. I am almost sure I don't know what I'm talking about.

huh?
Plus at the NFL combine - they do their 40's a little differently..
I would probably take off a tenth of a second on each of those stated above.
There are no starting blocks at the NFL combine. And my understanding is that those two things would push his NFL combine time up over 4.2, maybe up to 4.25 or even 4.3.
zaga_fan Wrote:huh?

Sarcasm.
I just noticed a big hole in my math....
Ballers said a 100 METER dash.
That's longer than a 100 yard dash.

1 Meter = 39.3700787 inches
100 Meters = 3937.00787 inches

1 Yard = 36 inches
40 Yards = 1440 inches

1440 : 3937.00787 = x : 11

4.02 : 11

Deion Sanders had the fastest 40 in the history of the NFL at 4.1

Ballers can run faster than a 4.02-40
Waiting on you and MVP to accept Smile
I'm not going to take the time out of my day to mark off 100 Meters and time you lol

You and MVP knock yourselves out and tell me what happens.