Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a Mountain team beat Bell Co this season?
harlan co is the last team on our minds .first we have lexington cat. they didn't lose anything supposed to be in top two in 4a then we have lex.lafeyette. look past them and we will be going into the middlesboro game o and 2
Being the best team in the mountains is all well and good, but that doesnt mean you win state titles. Not trying to start anything but Im just saying...

Bell Co fans please dont give me your history I know it.
That aura of invincibility at Bell Co. has gone to Pikeville, IMO. Oh, the program will continue, but it will never be the same. Same could be said about Haywood, Matney, Holcomb, if they were to step down. You can't replace legends. You just hope to be able to carry on.
Belfry.
Corbin is planning on it.:Thumbs:
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Corbin is planning on it.:Thumbs:

I would say Corbin by two touchdowns.
zaga_fan Wrote:I didn't think HC had a QB....

Every team has a QB. HC QB can run and throw the ball and has outstanding receivers. Percentage wise, I would say it will be like Bell tought, run the ball more that pass it. Heard there were loads of RB's
I think the Lex Cath game will be the hardest game. Harlan Co will be the toughest Mtn game. I feel sorry for Middlesboro and Corbin this year. Davenport will run all over them!
If any it would be Harlan Co. I would like to see what Breathitt could do with them.

To answer the question, Yes. Harlan Co will beat Bell this season.
Tailback44 Wrote:If any it would be Harlan Co. I would like to see what Breathitt could do with them.

To answer the question, Yes. Harlan Co will beat Bell this season.

It will come down to really whether or not Harlan Co can stop the run which they could not do vs. Bell last year. The only team to stop their rushing attack in the last 2 years has been Boyle and they aren't a "mountain team."
Hatz Wrote:It will come down to really whether or not Harlan Co can stop the run which they could not do vs. Bell last year. The only team to stop their rushing attack in the last 2 years has been Boyle and they aren't a "mountain team."

:Thumbs:Good Point Hatz.
Mama Bear Wrote:We have a QB Zaga. You may recall he had 2 of the 7 touchdowns scored at PCC last season.

Bell will be tough again. We will have to wait and see if Harlan County can do it this year. A lot of football to be played before then. Good luck to the Bobcats and their new Coach.

Thanks Mama Bear! Good luck to HC this season as well.
wildthang3 Wrote:Being the best team in the mountains is all well and good, but that doesnt mean you win state titles. Not trying to start anything but Im just saying...

Bell Co fans please dont give me your history I know it.

I seem to recall the topic being Mtn. teams not state titles.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Yes;7 on 7 against Jeffersonville Indiana at Breathitt.
where they was looking good!!
I think anyone can beat anybody on any given night, and that has been proven every year. Bell has a good team and had a great coach, but things change every year and on every Friday night a new challenge has risen. If you don't think you can compete or beat anybody then you shouldn't be putting pads and helmets on. You gotta believe in yourself and play as a team and you can beat them.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think anyone can beat anybody on any given night, and that has been proven every year. Bell has a good team and had a great coach, but things change every year and on every Friday night a new challenge has risen. If you don't think you can compete or beat anybody then you shouldn't be putting pads and helmets on. You gotta believe in yourself and play as a team and you can beat them.

That's true but just because you have the right attitude doesn't keep you from getting blown off the field. Anything can happen on a Friday night but if you have superior talent at nearly every position you're going to win the majority of the time. Knox Central is the only team in the mountains that give Bell County a game since 06. Now Bell has Knox Central's coach. Bell will keep rolling through teams. With no Boyle County, I look for Bell to be the team to beat in 3a.
WildDawg Wrote:That's true but just because you have the right attitude doesn't keep you from getting blown off the field. Anything can happen on a Friday night but if you have superior talent at nearly every position you're going to win the majority of the time. Knox Central is the only team in the mountains that give Bell County a game since 06. Now Bell has Knox Central's coach. Bell will keep rolling through teams. With no Boyle County, I look for Bell to be the team to beat in 3a.

Cannot forget Louisville Central.
LWC Wrote:Cannot forget Louisville Central.

Central is a talented team but name a school Central beat that was even remotely close to Bell County good last year. 5 of the teams that beat Central last year wasn't nearly as good as the Bobcats.
IMHO....NO. The only team that I would give a chance at beating them. Would be a team that they don't even play and that is Johnson Central. BUT, that's my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:IMHO....NO. The only team that I would give a chance at beating them. Would be a team that they don't even play and that is Johnson Central. BUT, that's my opinion.

Johnson Central ran their race twice. And didn't even come close to Bell. I don't know why this year would be any different. Davenport had one of his best rushing games against them (187/17). Jude wasn't even a factor against Bell's defense. Not knocking the program or Jude, but that horse has done run it's race. :Thumbs:
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Johnson Central ran their race twice. And didn't even come close to Bell. I don't know why this year would be any different. Davenport had one of his best rushing games against them (187/17). Jude wasn't even a factor against Bell's defense. Not knocking the program or Jude, but that horse has done run it's race. :Thumbs:

I didn't say they would beat them. I only gave them a chance. And the reason for that. IMO, they are the best team in the mountains right now. So don't try and read into something that isn't there. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
WildDawg Wrote:Central is a talented team but name a school Central beat that was even remotely close to Bell County good last year. 5 of the teams that beat Central last year wasn't nearly as good as the Bobcats.

Male, Manual and St. Xavier. I am not saying they are better than Bell, and I am not saying that Bell is better than them.

Male was in the Championship game of the biggest class!
WildDawg Wrote:Central is a talented team but name a school Central beat that was even remotely close to Bell County good last year. 5 of the teams that beat Central last year wasn't nearly as good as the Bobcats.

:dontthink Seriously?
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Johnson Central ran their race twice. And didn't even come close to Bell. I don't know why this year would be any different. Davenport had one of his best rushing games against them (187/17). Jude wasn't even a factor against Bell's defense. Not knocking the program or Jude, but that horse has done run it's race. :Thumbs:
Bell will miss Madon this season and will need to develop another offensive threat besides Davenport. Madon was the big difference maker in the BC-JC game last season despite Davenport's big game. His arm spread Johnson Central's defense thin, wore down J. K. Hall by forcing him to cover deep on play after play, and created Davenport room to run in.

St.X, Manual and Male would have beat Bell. Central is more talented then Bell. Bell was great last year and would be really good this year, But central returns almost everyone from a loaded team.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:St.X, Manual and Male would have beat Bell. Central is more talented then Bell. Bell was great last year and would be really good this year, But central returns almost everyone from a loaded team.
I think some people have forgotten how good Bell County has been over the last few seasons. Central plays some 6a schools and loses to them and now they're this powerhouse that's better than Bell County. A team that barely lost to a true powerhouse Boyle County in back to back state playoff games and won it all in 2008.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Bell will miss Madon this season and will need to develop another offensive threat besides Davenport. Madon was the big difference maker in the BC-JC game last season despite Davenport's big game. His arm spread Johnson Central's defense thin, wore down J. K. Hall by forcing him to cover deep on play after play, and created Davenport room to run in.

Madon was a Hell of a QB. This years QB Oslonian is more of a Dual Threat QB. Also you will hear the names of Collett and Polly ALOT more only being Juniors.
We play to win so yeah Bell County will lose to a "Mountain Team" this season.
I think that if there is a team in the mountains that beats Bell it is going to have to be a team with a solid running game. They will need a big o-line and backs that can grind it out play after play. I think one aspect will have to be the ability to keep Bell's offense off the field as long as you can because they will score. So,long sustained drives of 12 or more plays that end in a TD will be a neccessity. As quick as Bell's def. secondary is I just don't think that a team is going to be able to pass on them with the level of success needed to beat them. Although I will say that some passing will be neccessary to keep their def. honest. Harlan Co. is the only team that I see that could possibly fit that description. I seriously doubt that any mountain team is just going to outscore Bell. It's going to have to be a team that will stand toe to toe with them and battle it out 4 and 5 yards a clip.:redboxer: But that's JMHO.
Dragonsdad Wrote:I think that if there is a team in the mountains that beats Bell it is going to have to be a team with a solid running game. They will need a big o-line and backs that can grind it out play after play. I think one aspect will have to be the ability to keep Bell's offense off the field as long as you can because they will score. So,long sustained drives of 12 or more plays that end in a TD will be a neccessity. As quick as Bell's def. secondary is I just don't think that a team is going to be able to pass on them with the level of success needed to beat them. Although I will say that some passing will be neccessary to keep their def. honest. Harlan Co. is the only team that I see that could possibly fit that description. I seriously doubt that any mountain team is just going to outscore Bell. It's going to have to be a team that will stand toe to toe with them and battle it out 4 and 5 yards a clip.:redboxer: But that's JMHO.
Actually that description sounds like Johnson Central and possibly Belfry to me in addition to Harlan County.