Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a Mountain team beat Bell Co this season?
if so which team?
If Belfry and Bell were to meet in the 3A Finals the Pirates will potentially be very good. Belfry, despite returning quite a bit of talent, is still very young and will improve significantly as the season progresses.
I hate to get this started this early but the last game of the season presents the best opportunity. With that said...Until they are beat they are still the King.
I could see them losing to Harlan County. thats the only mountain team on the Schedule that i see that could beat them. The only Mountain Schools they will play is Middlesboro, Whitley, Corbin and Harlan County. I think Johnson Central and Belfry would beat bell this year if they played.
Johnson Central returns Jude but lost a ton and Bell has handled them the last few years so they are a big NO.

HC will be a very tough game, both return some very talented players, the game last year was not close so who knows.

Bell will still be pretty darn good!
Didn't Bell lose a lot? How many starters did they lose?
on both sides of the ball they lost 9 total i think
lost 4 on offense

6 on defense I think?
9/22 that's 40%+ of all their starters!
LWC Wrote:9/22 that's 40%+ of all their starters!

True... but I would guess they had plenty of boys on the sideline with a lot of talent waiting for their turn. I don't think Bell misses a beat this year.
^Especially dropping to 3A, no Boyle, Highlands, JC, etc... to deal with. Big Grin
Breathitt looked pretty good yesterday so I will say that Breathitt and Belfry might be ready come playoff time.
If I may ask, where was Breathitt yesterday? 7 on 7?
The last game of the season will be the toughest for Bell. Harlan County will be very tought this season.
Bell just left the toughest part of Ky Football to play 3A and it will prove to be a great move for them. With Davenport running the sweep this year they will be 10-0 in the regular season via few challenges outside of what has been noted.

The playoffs could be more of a challenge - though I'd still put my money on Bell so long as Davenport is healthy and doesn't lose any of his key lineman upfront. He only needs a crevice to turn daylight into seven. His best help would be a pass attack that was a legit threat backed by a zone defense that could contain an effective spread offense.

This could be a banner year for Bell which will make the move to 3A look like genius. I have said all along though the real test for the new staff there will come sans Davenport in 2012.
I think Bell will go 11-3 this year.
If their offense can stay strong.
I think the Blackbears will be more than capable of taking it to them.
Dudley had their number....
now the only Bell that will be ringing will be Bell County's QB lol
Yes....................:lmao:
LWC Wrote:9/22 that's 40%+ of all their starters!
they may of lost 40% of their starters but they got about 70% percent of their offensive scoring back with davenport.and the 40% replacing the starters played from halftime on and subed extensively during the game so i guess the were starters from halftime until the end of the game
Harlan County should be tough, but Bell killed them last year. Belfry will still be young but you can never count the king of the mountains (Belfry) and Coach Hayward out. Bell will for sure be loaded this year. They probably have the most speed of anyone with Davenport. They also return some key lineman. Besides Belfry, Bell has been the best team in the mountains for a while. Back to the question-Belfry would probably be it.
Dungy Wrote:If I may ask, where was Breathitt yesterday? 7 on 7?

Yes;7 on 7 against Jeffersonville Indiana at Breathitt.
I don't know if HC wins or not. I hope so. But,I'm pretty sure the gap has narrowed. Better get'em this year because next year Bell has 20+ seniors. I would consider this to be a rebuild year for them with a new coach and a ton of positions to fill. So,nows the time. Coach Mills is a good coach. He brought KC out of the pits. But now he has some giant shoes to fill. Good luck to Bell and to HC also.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think the Blackbears will be more than capable of taking it to them.
Dudley had their number....
now the only Bell that will be ringing will be Bell County's QB lol

Those Coaches left still have the number for HC! Nobody knows HC's defense better than Bell, look what they did last year?
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Those Coaches left still have the number for HC! Nobody knows HC's defense better than Bell, look what they did last year?

:Thumbs:You are exactly right I hope that their QB can throw the ball better than last season because if he can't could be the same outcome.
our backfield will be more explosive this year than last dud jr and taylor were good backs but they didnt have the speed of ryan and polly.also putting linebackers d j warwick and eric miller in short yardage situations will give us some power out of the backfield.they run forward not side to side.
Amped 88 Wrote::Thumbs:You are exactly right I hope that their QB can throw the ball better than last season because if he can't could be the same outcome.

I didn't think HC had a QB....
zaga_fan Wrote:I didn't think HC had a QB....

We have a QB Zaga. You may recall he had 2 of the 7 touchdowns scored at PCC last season.

Bell will be tough again. We will have to wait and see if Harlan County can do it this year. A lot of football to be played before then. Good luck to the Bobcats and their new Coach.
Mama Bear Wrote:We have a QB Zaga. You may recall he had 2 of the 7 touchdowns scored at PCC last season.

Bell will be tough again. We will have to wait and see if Harlan County can do it this year. A lot of football to be played before then. Good luck to the Bobcats and their new Coach.
i guess mamma bear put that to rest zaga. very few teams faired any better.
I'm sure that this has already been said several times but, IMO Harlan County is the only mountain team that can beat Bell and I think they might finally do so this year!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON