•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Predict Perry Centrals football season.
I judge a team in large part by the men who get it done in the trenches. I got to see Perry Central's Jared Deaton in action at a couple camps this year. He is the real deal with great size and tremendous feet. If you have help for him and a back with sight in one eye you should be able to run the ball against anybody. That alone is good for 5 wins.

I'm thinking Knox will have a war on their hands with this team and look forward to the battle.
I agree with that F1. Some of the greatest teams of all time got there 4 and 5 yards at a time. Perry Central could be a hard team to stop once they get rollin' and if you let them establish that running game they can for sure burn ya down field. They certainly have the back to establish that kind of game. Although,they will need a powerful strong side of their O-line to do it. I think with the proper changes in their offensive strategy they could beat some of those teams that even their own fan base say they can't. Sometimes it is hard to get a team to change their strategy from one season to the next,but you have to use what you have to work with to the best of your ability. Same old strategy 4-6. Proper changes to get the most out of their team 6-4 maybe more. JMHO.
Bolt Wrote:honestly, i think the first game against pburg will set the tale for the whole season.
If they win, i believe it could boost them to wins over teams like sheldon clark, somerset, and lawrencburg.
However either way is see it like this.
Pburg- Loss
Johnson Central- Loss
Knox Central-Loss
Lawrence Co.-Win
Sheldon Clark- Win
Rockcastle-Loss
Whitley- Loss
Letcher-Win
Harlan- Loss
Somerset- Loss

I see a 3-7 year, or 4-6 at complete best.
Ill take any avatar bet that Rock will beat Perry as well. I think Rock is going to have a great year and i dont see them in dange of losing to perry at all.

Perry will go 7-3 with losses to Harlan, Johnson and Knox. Huff will be one of the top QB's in the state, Robinson one of the best linebackers in the area and coach Haddix has done a great job these kids are really talented and believe they can win
PCC could easily with 7 games, just as easy lose 7 games.

Pburg - loss
Johnson Central -loss
Knox Central - loss
Lawrence - Win
Sheldon Clark - loss
Rockcastle - win
Whitley - win
Letcher - win
HCC - loss
Somerset - loss
4th place in district
cherokee Wrote:Perry will go 7-3 with losses to Harlan, Johnson and Knox. Huff will be one of the top QB's in the state, Robinson one of the best linebackers in the area and coach Haddix has done a great job these kids are really talented and believe they can win

I wouldnt count your chickens yet.
I remember every pcc fan on here saying they were gonna win atleast 7 games last year and run threw district. Problem was they were as soft as a marshmellow. Unless they get some spunk, there gonna be run over all year with that schedule and i wouldnt be surprised to see some injuries playing power teams like Harlan, Whitley, and Johnson Central. I hope they dont but you have to figure that in. About Huff being on of the best in state, I think your off on that one, maybe one of the best in the district or region. Robinson is your stud, but he cant do it alone, as was proved last year. He can have 50 tackles a game, but if the team only has 52, its still gonna be a loss.
PCC will be a dangerous team not to be taken lightly.
MVP2 Wrote:Back on the rise? They won 4 games last season. Which of those 4 teams had a winning record? LWC, remember Parkey is the coach, not Larkey. If Larkey was coming back, maybe they might be on the rise. PC wont lose that game. Big Grin

Matt Robinson will own Rowe.

Interestingly enough, I had a buddy tell me this particular quote is making the rounds on facebook between the Rockcastle players.:biggrin: I am so looking forward to this season. Good luck to PCC on your season.:Thumbs:
papagrit Wrote:Interestingly enough, I had a buddy tell me this particular quote is making the rounds on facebook between the Rockcastle players.:biggrin: I am so looking forward to this season. Good luck to PCC on your season.:Thumbs:

RockSolid and I had NOTHING to do with it Big Grin
LWC Wrote:RockSolid and I had NOTHING to do with it Big Grin

:lmao:
My brother (who is a member of the site as well, but hasnt been on in a while due to a move) and i were talking about the strength Rock brings back this year. We both believe Rock is going to roll some teams. I dont see Robinson owning Rowe at all....but i dont believe Rowe will own Robinson either. If Rocks line blocks well, as they should, then Rowe could have a stellar season. It would be nice to see.
MVP2 Wrote:Back on the rise? They won 4 games last season. Which of those 4 teams had a winning record? LWC, remember Parkey is the coach, not Larkey. If Larkey was coming back, maybe they might be on the rise. PC wont lose that game. Big Grin

Matt Robinson will own Rowe.

Ahh god. :igiveup:
ballers Wrote:ahh god. :igiveup:

hatorade!
king360 Wrote:hatorade!

We have been over this king360, lol.
I don't care if we go 1-9.
I just want to beat the cubs.
^I am guessing that the cubs are the Black Bears, correct?
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't care if we go 1-9.
I just want to beat the cubs.

How does the old saying go?..Want in 1 hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster?.lol
king360 Wrote:How does the old saying go?..Want in 1 hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster?.lol

Well....
I would hope after that fiasco last year that coach learned a little bit Wink
They need to be able to utilize their speed, but that doesn't mean go deep every play and end up going 3 and out about 50 times lol
Hopefully we'll throw some screens and dink-and-dunk stuff in against em and get the ball moving.
Everyone knows what Larkey is going to do coming into every game.
You just have to be ready to stop him....
because he's daring you lol
zaga_fan Wrote:Well....
They need to be able to utilize their speed, but that doesn't mean go deep every play and end up going 3 and out about 50 times lol
Hopefully we'll throw some screens and dink-and-dunk stuff in against em and get the ball moving.

It all starts up front man, and for the past 2 or 3 years Perrys line has been as mean, tough, and physical as a box of cupcakes

:popcorn:
king360 Wrote:It all starts up front man, and for the past 2 or 3 years Perrys line has been as mean, tough, and physical as a box of cupcakes

Win or lose,HC will be physical when they play anybody. You have to try and match their intensity and many teams find that hard to do. Just say'in.

Please, please, please get them to throw a bunch of screens and short passes to flats. Please.
king360 Wrote:It all starts up front man, and for the past 2 or 3 years Perrys line has been as mean, tough, and physical as a box of cupcakes

I agree they aren't physical.
But it isn't like that line gave up 100 sacks or anything.
The line did fine with the exception of a couple games. Nothing amazing, but they kept the QB upright and in that offense it worked perfectly fine.
When teams bring more blitzers than you have blockers it is impossible to pick them all up.
So how did we counteract that last year?
We put Matt Robinson in the game on offense to add a blocker and hoped that would buy time for routes to develop downfield.
It doesn't work....
you have to get the ball out quicker.
Yogibear Wrote:Please, please, please get them to throw a bunch of screens and short passes to flats. Please.

What would you recommend,oh great purveyor of wisdom?
I watched Bell County run a pass to the flats late in the game on you guys last year and had to listen to you babies cry about them running the score up.
They threw a hitch because a DB was playing off about 20 yards because he was feeling sorry for himself and got lined up wrong. It was an audible. You'll never hear me whine about anyone running up the score. I could care less what the score is. A W is a W and an L is an L. I don't have any recommendations for PC. I just hope they come over here throwing all that stuff in the flats. Plus PCC won't see the same types of alignments Bell would any way. You really think HC would play a team who runs the ball like Bell the same way they'd play PC great purveyor of wisdom?
LOL....I'm counting.....I think we are up to two purveyors now....I know that I wouldn't count any chickens before they hatch. Let's just get on with the season. I know that our coaches won't be overlooking anyone. We don't have that right. I'm not predicting anything on here because I don't know the first thing about PCC and just hope for a heck of a season for our boys at Rockcastle. Good luck to both HC and PCC this season.
I'm one of the biggest Perry Central homers ever and all I know is regardless of our record we should be ready for the playoffs when they get here. I just hope for 10 good, competitive games with no injuries to either side. :Thumbs:
just to clear some stuff up some of you said.
the truth is, every team is going to start off a lil "off" at the beginning of their season.
Im as big of a football fan as anybody especially for perry, i dont get on here very often though. but i think a lot of you non perry fans are underestimating these guys for real... perry will be a dangerous bunch of boys next season. haddix will have his team ready this is not the old perry county most of u are used to. of course we are gonna have our doubters an haters just like everybody, thats what makes this game so interesting besides the hard hits and the glory wins thats only earned by who wants it more an who is willing to give that extra inch, cause thats what its really about, inches... there is no other team in the mountains besides hazard high that has the skill players perry does but i know they cant do it alone. however i do not see them beating johnson county, unless they really click on all cylinders though out the whole game or unless matt puts an end to jj's rain, that will be an interesting match up. I do not see them beating harlan county either, i'd like to see it happen but it just won't, their to good of an all around team & i would't be surprised if they made it all the way to state. those are the only two teams that i know perry just cant beat. tough schedule i know, heck we all know but i honestly believe in these guys an think they will go 8-2. & you can criticize me all you want to cause we'll eventually find out whos right or wrong.

ill chalk up the wins all i want to, because opinions are like a**holes, & everybody has one. mark my words, perry will surprise a lot of people. just give them time to get rolling.
What would you recommend,oh great purveyor of wisdom?
I watched Bell County run a pass to the flats late in the game on you guys last year and had to listen to you babies cry about them running the score up.

lol :worthy: amen brother!
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next