Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word is Kenny Roark to Clay County
^I hate this for Clay County but this only helps everyone in that district: Rockcastle County, Russell County and Knox Central. All of them are good teams, so they need to have a coach ASAP because none of those will be easy games.
The school board needs to step in and create a teaching position. I am thinking this may be a power struggle between central office and school leadership. I don't know who is to blame, but the board members need to step up here. The community takes sports very serious at Clay. If the board and the Super can't create a teaching position then it's time for some new leadership. Come on it's July. Practice starts this month.
watcher Wrote:The school board needs to step in and create a teaching position. I am thinking this may be a power struggle between central office and school leadership. I don't know who is to blame, but the board members need to step up here. The community takes sports very serious at Clay. If the board and the Super can't create a teaching position then it's time for some new leadership. Come on it's July. Practice starts this month.
There were 12 teachers laid off. No position should be created when our own people don't have a job. Besides Kenny took the job with only coaching his son in mind. Why would he drive over here every day to not watch his son play? White hired him for two reasons, one was to hurt our program. You'll have to figure the other one out. Now White is gone. The whole thing was done for selfish reasons and no thought given to our own kids or our coaches. Watcher, if you are a Kenny fan that's ok, but you might want check into why he was fired after 17 seasons. The BOSS needs to step up and name a coach.
Again, Roark apparently accepted whatever was offered. It's been so secretive no one outside a couple of very special people know what kind of deal was made. I have heard he will remain as a drivers Ed teacher at Middlesboro and commute to Manchester to be the football coach. I also hear he was given a PE position at CCHS. It's been a cluster from the beginning. I've stopped expecting anything other than a cluster with this bunch. Whatever the situation, Roark (if he's in) should be showing a little enthusiasm. If he's wavering at this point he needs to get out!
So he was gonna teach Driver Education at Middlesboro, teach PE at Clay County, and coach football at Clay County, and drive from Middlesboro to Manchester every day there is practice or school?
LWC Wrote:So he was gonna teach Driver Education at Middlesboro, teach PE at Clay County, and coach football at Clay County, and drive from Middlesboro to Manchester every day there is practice or school?
No! He was either going to remain at Middlesboro as a drivers Ed teacher and coach at Clay.............Or teach PE at Clay and coach at Clay. Pretty messed up huh? Nobody at Clay (that should know) is talking at this point. Someone needs to put an end to this fiasco.
What would be his motive for teaching at Middlesboro and driving to Clay? I understand being home as much as possible but to make practice at a normal time he would have to leave school early, etc...

I agree, someone needs to nip it in the bud.
This is all speculation at this point. If Roark would be spend more time here maybe supporters would know more about what's going on. Maybe on the 11th we'll know more.
BIG TONY Wrote:There were 12 teachers laid off. No position should be created when our own people don't have a job. Besides Kenny took the job with only coaching his son in mind. Why would he drive over here every day to not watch his son play? White hired him for two reasons, one was to hurt our program. You'll have to figure the other one out. Now White is gone. The whole thing was done for selfish reasons and no thought given to our own kids or our coaches. Watcher, if you are a Kenny fan that's ok, but you might want check into why he was fired after 17 seasons. The BOSS needs to step up and name a coach.
I didn't mean to offend you Big Tony. I don't know who you are referring to The BOSS. I also think this is becoming a big mess. If White did this to create a mess then I have lost all respect for him. I am not going to comment on this anymore. I will just sit back and watch what happens. The biggest problem is no one knows what is going on. This is very bad for the kids. I don't have inside info like you do Big Tony, so keep us informed. Good luck to Clay Co. football and whom ever the coach is. Again, didn't mean to upset you Big Tony, Hope it works out like you want it too.
OK Boys, at this point I think there is only one appropriate action...

Time out for a measurement!:biggrin:
watcher Wrote:I didn't mean to offend you Big Tony. I don't know who you are referring to The BOSS. I also think this is becoming a big mess. If White did this to create a mess then I have lost all respect for him. I am not going to comment on this anymore. I will just sit back and watch what happens. The biggest problem is no one knows what is going on. This is very bad for the kids. I don't have inside info like you do Big Tony, so keep us informed. Good luck to Clay Co. football and whom ever the coach is. Again, didn't mean to upset you Big Tony, Hope it works out like you want it too.
You didn't offend me at all. You can say anything you want on here. A lot of people in our county need jobs created for them. I guess I came across the wrong way. :Thumbs:
What a mess with practice starting right around the corner.
It's July! You mean to tell me nobody in Clay county knows for certain who their coach is going to be??? Now exactly how does that happen?
What in the world is going on? Has Kenny turned down the job? Or is this just all speculation?
Speculation to a point with a lot of RED FLAGS evrywhere....It will get clear as mud by July 11th just wait and see......:HitWall:
Terrible situation for some great kids if this goes south. I hope CC has a coach come Monday.
Just heard from a pretty good source that we are hunting a new coach again. Seems that Coach Roark informed our board today that he will not be taking the job at CCHS. Any truth to this from someone more in the know than I am?
If true,that's a tough one to swallow. I just hope the kid's at CC can adapt and overcome. I'd also like to see coach Roark get his deal together. You can't do those sorts of things to kid's like that. If the story is true. Good luck to Clay this season!
Roark continues to make everyone scratch there heads????? Who knows what he is doing.
william muney Wrote:roark continues to make everyone scratch there heads????? Who knows what he is doing.

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's coming talked to him last night , he's been on vaction
That's vacation
It came a Biblical flood two weeks ago in Middlesboro and on top of that it’s dead period. Give Coach Roark a break for crying out loud. I truly wish supporters of the Program would stop this non-sense and get behind this guy.
Up until this point he has not given us anyone to get behind. He has only showed up in town a couple time and kept everybody guessing if he is coming or not. If he is coming I hope he shows more commitment than he has shown up until this point.
We al hope the Tigers do well that is the reason for concern. Even the kids are wondering if he is going to show up or not and that is not good with practice starting next week.
IT IS DEAD PERIOD!!!! What does Coach need to do, throw a party?

Let's be positive!!

Returning most of the Line back from a very good team last year. Big Hyde and company don't care who the coach is. Those kids want to play ball!

Going to be a very exciting year for the Tigers!!
CCFOOTBALL1 Wrote:IT IS DEAD PERIOD!!!! What does Coach need to do, throw a party?

Let's be positive!!

Returning most of the Line back from a very good team last year. Big Hyde and company don't care who the coach is. Those kids want to play ball!

Going to be a very exciting year for the Tigers!!

It surely is the DEAD PERIOD. When does practice start in Clay Co. ?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.... you would think practice is going on right now. However, it starts Monday the 11th.

How are the black bears going to be this year? We were def. rooting for you guys against Highlands last year!! Does clay play you all this year?
Clay and HC do not play this year.
nothing happens during dead period, Coaches don't even update KHSAA during it, If they do update it, it's not often that they do
CCFOOTBALL1...With all due respect to you and coach Roark, "this guy" should be showing just a little interest in the job. I can't remember the date he was named coach a but being in Manchester for only a couple of hours since then is troubling at the very least...Dead period, vacations or floods of biblical proportions included. The name "Kenny Roark" will earn zero respect from Clay Countians, his actions will decide. So far he's not earning anything. Hoping for drastic improvements beginning Monday.