Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word is Kenny Roark to Clay County
Is this official yet?
WYMT just confirmed it via twitter that he has been named coach.

@DerekWYMT Derek Forrest
Former Middlesboro football head coach Kenny Roark has been named the new head coach for the Clay Co. Tigers
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
:yikes: Can't say I saw that one coming.....
Immediate question...will his son, SR QB Chase Roark, go too?
^ Probably, I just can't see him leaving his son behind and not being able to coach him his final year of high school
How much will Roark(son) help the Tigers this year?
Much. He is the real deal
His son is the real deal for sure. I am glad coach will be on the sidelines again. Great hire for Clay County. I am looking forward to following the Tigers. I expect it to be a tough year, but the future looks bright. GOOD LUCK COACH ROARK! Please bring your son to Clay County. We will treat him like a king.
Wasn't he fired at MHS for showing up drunk at a practice? Im surprised Clay Co didn't go after someone othe than him. Oh, Manchester is having a wet/dry vote soon, is that the real reason why he is coming?:lmao:
Gorilla Mask Wrote:Wasn't he fired at MHS for showing up drunk at a practice? Im surprised Clay Co didn't go after someone othe than him. Oh, Manchester is having a wet/dry vote soon, is that the real reason why he is coming?:lmao:

Wow, way to take a pot shot at someone. Obviously a disgruntled fan of Middlesboro or a coach (family) who didn't get the job. Way to be cool.
I agree. There is no reason to bash coach Roark. That is a not true at all. We need to get behind Coach Roark. If you don't have something positive to say please don't post. Coach always had a winning record and won a state championship.
Do you all think Roark's son will come with him? Talk around Manchester is he's staying a yellowjacket, the Tigers would love to have him but we don't expect him to leave his team mates behind. We know how that feels after Hyde jumped ship on us.
Don't take that last comment about Mr. Hyde wrong I love the kid and Florida will be a better place for getting him, I just pray he's making a decision he'll be happy and content with in the long run. (Nothing sucks like being homesick) Hyde is one class act, and folks in Tigertown are broken hearted he's leaving. Tiger nation wants the best for him - naturally our hearts want him to succeed in Black and Gold.
My source told me Kenny is headed to Clay but his son is staying at Middlesboro. Why? I have no clue. It makes no sense to me. I guess his friends and his teammates want him to stay for his Senior year.
You can't blame the kid for wanting to stay where his lifetime friends and team-mates are at. He was raised a Yellow Jacket and so I wish him the best. I hope he has a great senior season and makes memories that will last a lifetime beside the kids he has know forever. I wish all kids were this loyal.
I had not heard that about Hyde leaving. Been off the board awhile. Where did he go? I imagine he is doing his best to get recruited and figured FL is a better shot at that - likely he is right.

New coach and no Hyde could equal a tough year for the Tigers. I hope not. They are a good group of folks and I wish them well this year.
Clay will be fine, but I do hope the folks in Knox and Rock keep thinking that way!
Gorilla Mask Wrote:Wasn't he fired at MHS for showing up drunk at a practice? Im surprised Clay Co didn't go after someone othe than him. Oh, Manchester is having a wet/dry vote soon, is that the real reason why he is coming?:lmao:

I don't know, was he? And I hope for your sake you give the correct answer, because defaming someone usually results in a lawsuit.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:My source told me Kenny is headed to Clay but his son is staying at Middlesboro. Why? I have no clue. It makes no sense to me. I guess his friends and his teammates want him to stay for his Senior year.

Friends and classmates is one thing but blood is another. I would fully expect imo Roark to go with his father to Clay county. The people in Middlesboro should fully understand if this happens, it's his father and his senior year. He will have a much much better season at Clay county then at Middlesboro, who lost a bunch of seniors. A player as good as Roark deserves a great season his senior year, and honestly he's probably not going to get that at Middlesboro, they lost too much.
Even with what they had last year, 16 seniors or so, they had a not-so-good year.
It's his senior year, Kenny Roark is the new head coach at Clay county, I look for him to be playing his senoior year at Clay county, with his dad coaching him for his last year of highschool football.
Kenny Roark is a good coach! Every good coach has great years, every good coach has down years. It's all in coaching. Even the best coaches have down years but Roark does have a state title, so he must have done something right.
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:You can't blame the kid for wanting to stay where his lifetime friends and team-mates are at. He was raised a Yellow Jacket and so I wish him the best. I hope he has a great senior season and makes memories that will last a lifetime beside the kids he has know forever. I wish all kids were this loyal.

You can't blame him( I don't use the terminology kid for a senior in high school) for wanting to go and play for his dad either his last year of high school.
Any word on Coach Roark's staff? Will he be bringing his own people or be using coaches on the current staff? Do any of them want to stay and coach? Clay has a lot of coaches that have been around awhile and this is an uncertain time for them. Anyone in the know, lets hear what you think. I could see both sides of our new head coach's tough decision. Best of Luck Clay County as I am a true fan...always have been....always will be. GO TIGERS!!!!
I think coach Roark will have to use coaches on the current staff. Clay has some good people (coaches) that work in the system. Clay looks forward to you being here. We also want your son. Come on coach, bring your son. Clay County will take good care of you guys.
Kenny will do well for Clay. Clay Co. is a basketball school always has been and always will, much like UK when comparing the basketball program to football. Kenny will not have the heavy demands put on him to win a state title or go deep into the playoffs every year.

If he follows the same pattern as he did at M'boro he will lighten up the schedule so the wins will go up. He will put up winning records year over year as a result of the competition. Typically he will get to the second round of the playoffs and the third round once in a while and that will be about it. The only problem he would have is if he HAS to play a top team in the district or in the first round of the playoffs each year.

If he has a difficult team to beat that he can schedule around, he will. But he will replace them with a sure win. The Clay Co. folks will probably be ok because the team for the most part will be winning and by the time they get knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round and it will be time for basketball to start up so the football team will end up with a winning record as it transitions into bball. Likely everyone will be happy with the results.

The one thing the Clay Co supporters need to guard against is wanting to see the football team go deep into the playoffs. That is one thing that will not happen under Kenny. So keep things in perspective and enjoy winning records.
Blue12 Wrote:Kenny will do well for Clay. Clay Co. is a basketball school always has been and always will, much like UK when comparing the basketball program to football. Kenny will not have the heavy demands put on him to win a state title or go deep into the playoffs every year.

If he follows the same pattern as he did at M'boro he will lighten up the schedule so the wins will go up. He will put up winning records year over year as a result of the competition. Typically he will get to the second round of the playoffs and the third round once in a while and that will be about it. The only problem he would have is if he HAS to play a top team in the district or in the first round of the playoffs each year.

If he has a difficult team to beat that he can schedule around, he will. But he will replace them with a sure win. The Clay Co. folks will probably be ok because the team for the most part will be winning and by the time they get knocked out of the playoffs in the first or second round and it will be time for basketball to start up so the football team will end up with a winning record as it transitions into bball. Likely everyone will be happy with the results.

The one thing the Clay Co supporters need to guard against is wanting to see the football team go deep into the playoffs. That is one thing that will not happen under Kenny. So keep things in perspective and enjoy winning records.

You make it sound like a really nice visit to the dentist office.......Thanks. GO TIGERS!!!!
Blue12 Wrote:Kenny will do well for Clay. Clay Co. is a basketball school always has been and always will, much like UK when comparing the basketball program to football. Kenny will not have the heavy demands put on him to win a state title or go deep into the playoffs every year.

I'm not so sure Clay County is a "Basketball school" these days. If attendance, interest and school participation has anything to do with what kind of "school" Clay is, I'd have to label it as a football or baseball school with basketball in third. Since the early 90's Clay has dropped in almost all sports. We have had a few successful programs since then but anyone that attends regularly can tell uninterested admin has lowered school spirit and participation.
BlueRaider4Life Wrote:You make it sound like a really nice visit to the dentist office.......Thanks. GO TIGERS!!!!

LOL! That's a great quote, wish I would have thought of it. But IF you are a BIG football fan and IF you expect high level competition and results in the playoffs and Regional as well as State Championships, then Dr. Roark will be performing root canals for you each year. He will play nice music while they work on you and the chair will be comfortable, but in the end he will forget to numb you!

Check that, in the end you will feel numb all over.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:I'm not so sure Clay County is a "Basketball school" these days. If attendance, interest and school participation has anything to do with what kind of "school" Clay is, I'd have to label it as a football or baseball school with basketball in third. Since the early 90's Clay has dropped in almost all sports. We have had a few successful programs since then but anyone that attends regularly can tell uninterested admin has lowered school spirit and participation.

That's too bad, to be honest that's what has happened to Middlesboro. The administration has destroyed the sports programs and to be honest if the school system had the pride in the sports teams that it once had, Roark would have never lasted as long as he did down there. The only reason that he lasted was lack of interest from the people in power. Good luck with him. Hope he does better for Clay Co. than he did for M'boro.
Blue12 Wrote:That's too bad, to be honest that's what has happened to Middlesboro. The administration has destroyed the sports programs and to be honest if the school system had the pride in the sports teams that it once had, Roark would have never lasted as long as he did down there. The only reason that he lasted was lack of interest from the people in power. Good luck with him. Hope he does better for Clay Co. than he did for M'boro.

Maybe he can win two state titles at Clay.
Hope the best for Coach Roark and Chase.