Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Verse Thoughts and Posts
Stardust Wrote:I HATE PATIENCE!!!!!!!! Is there anyone else who has that problem Wink Just kidding, If you are human, you have it. So, I try, and let all of us pray for each other to have it:

Galatians 6:9…

‘Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.’

"Someone" once said that in order to have a characteristic (like patience), it must be used, exercised and ultimately gained. In order to "exercise" your patience, it must be used.....tested.

I prayed for patience one time; I won't do it again.
I personally don't have a single favorite bible verse, but here are a few bible verses that I like to remember at times:

Romans 8:18 Wrote:For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Romans 12:21 Wrote:Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Romans 8:28 Wrote:And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

Hebrews 12:1-2 Wrote:1) Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2) looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
James 4:14 Wrote:yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.

I am preaching from that verse tomorrow for my "good-bye" sermon. I am going to be speaking about time.

My points are:
Don't Waste It!
Honor It!
Seize It!
Enjoy It!

Obviously, I will leave room for the Holy Spirit to work, move and change the message , if need be. I am just saying as of now that is what it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Albert Lee Wrote:Wonderfully Made
June 16, 2012 —
When I was a child, someone close to me thought they
could motivate me to do better by frequently asking me,
“Why are you so stupid?” I didn’t know how much this had
affected me until I was a teenager and heard someone
behind me say, “Stupid!” At the word, I quickly turned
around, thinking he was talking to me.
Knowing Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord helped me to
realize that because God created me in His image (Gen.
1:27), I’m not stupid but am “fearfully and wonderfully
made” (Ps. 139:14). God declares that all He has made is
“very good” (Gen. 1:31), and the Psalms remind us that we are “skillfully
wrought” (Ps. 139:15).
The psalmist David describes how God knows each one of us intimately: “O
LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and
my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path
and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways” (vv.1-3).
Not only are we wonderfully made, but because of Christ’s death on the
cross, we can also be wonderfully restored to a right relationship with God.
“If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation . . . . All this is from God, who
reconciled us to Himself through Christ” (2 Cor. 5:17-18 NIV).
In His own image God created man,
He formed his body from the dust of the earth;
But more than that, to all who are in Christ
He gives eternal life by second birth. —Hess
Each person is a unique expression of God’s loving design.

Psalm 139

For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.

1 You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Job 1:21 Wrote:"And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return; the LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD."

Job had experienced tremendous loss at this point. He had lost his livestock, animals, resources, home, oxen, servants, and even his sons and daughters. Yet, he had the faith to understand that God is the one who gives all the blessings and he understood that no matter how dire life may be, to hold onto faith in God.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 Thessalonians 1:4-5

Therefore, among God's churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. All this is evidence that God's judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
Job 19:25-27 Wrote:“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
and he will stand upon the earth at last. And after my body has decayed,
yet in my body I will see God! I will see him for myself.
Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.
I am overwhelmed at the thought!

This is quite possibly my favorite Old Testament passage. If not it is certainly up there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:This is quite possibly my favorite Old Testament passage. If not it is certainly up there.

I actually preached on those verses on Sunday. Got to love how that stuff works out :notworthy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.
—Psalm 27:14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord!
—Romans 7:24-25
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ecclesiastes 11:9
I'm going to try to start this back and hopefully I will keep it going.
Luke 11:2-4 Wrote:He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'"
John 16:33 Wrote:These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33

John 14:1 Wrote:“Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.

John 14:1
(I wrote this as the introduction to the last sermon I preached at Union Chapel & Grider's Chapel UMC. I think it is something we all can grow from and can all find blessings through because God's truth is in it.)

James 4:14-15 “Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
---

LWC Wrote:Time is such a precious blessing. There are things in this world that we always seem to need but never seem to have enough of. Time, In more ways than one, is the element we are speaking of right now. In my two years and 3 weeks, 107 weeks, 749 days, I am saddened that there was never a time that I wasn't juggling multiple things. I have always thought to myself how much more that this church could have grown if I had time. Time is such a precious blessing.

When I started here, I was doing all the candidacy meetings and paperwork, then I was doing the licensing meetings , paperwork, and classes, then I started getting a lot of calls to sub and getting enrolled in Seminary, then I started Seminary and finally getting chances subbing, all while being the pastor of these churches. Time is such a precious blessing. Now, this beautiful gift of God that we call time is coming to an end on my tenure as your pastor. I finally have full-time to devote to pastoral duties and it has ran out. There are so many things I want to do to help you grow, there are so many memories I want to make with you, so many blessings and promises that I know God is going to lead you into...but time is such a precious blessing and ours together has ran out.

I have thought for a long time about this message. What I would say to you to try to encapsulate our time together. But how am I suppose to take all of the good memories and moments together and speak of them? How am I suppose to wrap up the message that God wants me to give in a 20-30 minute sermon? There are so many people to thank, so many shoulders to cry on, so many people that I will never forget, that it seems as if there isn't enough time. Time is such a precious blessing.

I still cannot tell if time is made up of moments or if moments make up our time. What I do know is that I have learned in life to cherish, honor and be resourceful with time. On Tuesday, I finally figured out the message that God wants me to share and leave with you. Time. Dearly beloved, what I share with you today is to cherish time. Cherish the memories. Cherish the moments. It is in the little moments, it is in the passing time, it is in the unforgettable memories that the secret of life can be found. Time is such a precious blessing.
Quote:But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.

1 Peter 3:14

Quote:12 Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; 13 bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. 14 But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. 15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:12-17
Colossians 3:12-17 Wrote:Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
Colossians 3:12-17

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Wrote:Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Psalm 139:23-24 Wrote:Search me, O God, and know my heart;
Try me, and know my anxieties;
And see if there is any wicked way in me,
And lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 139:23-24
Deuteronomy 31:6 Wrote:Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.”

Deuteronomy 31:6
^Thank you for posting that.
1 Peter 3:13-17 Wrote:And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good? But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you are blessed. “And do not be afraid of their threats, nor be troubled.” But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed. For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.

1 Peter 3:13-17
Tonight at my church's Bible Study, we will be looking at John 8:1-11.

Quote:1 but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives.

2 At dawn he appeared again in the temple courts, where all the people gathered around him, and he sat down to teach them. 3 The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group 4 and said to Jesus, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. 5 In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?” 6 They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him.

But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, “Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground.

9 At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there. 10 Jesus straightened up and asked her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?”

11 “No one, sir,” she said.

“Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared. “Go now and leave your life of sin.”
this verse is a very nice song from my brothers at Happy Valley church in Johnson city tn,its PSALMS 3........
As the LORD commanded his servant Moses, so Moses commanded Joshua, and Joshua did it; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.
—Joshua 11:15
Psalm 31:24 Wrote:Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord.

Psalm 31:24

Billy Graham Wrote:I used to read five psalms every day - that teaches me how to get along with God. Then I read a chapter of Proverbs every day and that teaches me how to get along with my fellow man.

-- Billy Graham
Teach them [God's commandments] to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
—Deuteronomy 11:19

My oh my. If only more parents did a lot more of this......
The LORD... delights in those whose ways are blameless.
—Proverbs 11:20

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

I am confident that the Lord will say, "Well done, good and faithful servant!" Why? Not because I'm perfect, but Jesus has forgiven and cleansed me and the Holy Spirit is working to perfect my behavior to match my standing before God. I don't know about you, but I am thankful to know that we can bring the LORD delight. Just like our children can bring us delight. Just like a good desert can bring us delight. Just like a beautiful sunset enjoyed with someone we love brings us delight.
My Prayer...

May my words and my actions bring you delight, O LORD, my God! You have done so much for me, dear Father, I want to bring you great joy! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

-----Taken from verseoftheday.com