Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bible Verse Thoughts and Posts
Genesis 32:26 Wrote:(part B) "But Jacob replied, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”"
I have been needing some blessings in my life and I have learned from Matthew 5:6, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled." So, if we are striving to serve the Lord he wants to pour out his glory in our lives.

Today, my prayer for you is that you take the mentality of Jacob and hold on to God until he blesses you.
Ephesians 2:8-9 Wrote:For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.

Praise God for his grace. We do not have to earn a personal relationship with Jesus, we do not have to earn love, because we are freely given grace.
You want some blessings? Give me tomorrow and I will find a book that was given to me in a trying time. It was based on the book of Proverbs. It has A LOT of great messages from Proverbs verses! I will give you the name of the book so you may find it or if need be...I will mail it to you as long as it will be returned. It is set up on a verse per day for a year to help you deal with life's journey! Helped me through a rough period. So I'm actually hoping I can help you find it...LOL. Book means A LOT to me. BUT, willing to share with someone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Proverbs 4:23 Wrote:Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.

Our heart is where Jesus wants to be. Live your life in a good and positive way that you may be a blessing to others. When the Lord is in our hearts, we may have life, and have it more abundantly.
Matthew 11:28 Wrote:Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Great verse of hope!
LWC's interpretation of 1 Peter 5:7 Wrote:Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you

For simplicity's sake, I combined two versions to get the above interpretation. If anyone wants the exact quote, this is it:

1 Peter 5:7 Wrote:casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you
Psalms 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

I have that tattooed to my side
That's great but how painful was it?
^ not as bad as you think it would be. To be honest I almost fell asleep because the guy doing it turned music on and started singing. I rolled my head over and just closed my eyes.
Interesting. Great verse.
I'm in the Gospel's right now.
Specifically the point where Mary breaks the open the Alabaster Jar.
Isaiah 55:1-3 Wrote:1 “Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and you will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
listen, that you may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

I fully recommend reading all of Isaiah 55. It is a beautiful chapter and has a lot of truths and blessings in it.

What I glean from these verses is that we need to go to the Lord for our spiritual needs. he is the Living Water, so through him we will never "thirst" for spiritual needs. So many times we look for sin to fill the void in our lives when only Jesus will fill that void. I have said many times from the pulpit that we are born with a cross-shaped hole in our hearts and Jesus is the only thing that can fill it and make it complete.
Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

This particular verse in Deuteronomy caught my eye. It's especially good when questions come up that sometimes are beyond our understanding/knowledge, that only God knows.
Good stuff Genius
Micah 6:8 Wrote:He has shown all you people what is good.
And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.

I get asked all the time what a Christian is supposed to do, be, act like, etc... Right there it is. Take that and the Great Commandment and you have your answer.
Isaiah 61:11 Wrote:For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.

Praise the Lord today!
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

I did a rap song of this for my church long ago when I was a "holy roller" it went a little different.

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding..
In all your ways acknowledge him and he, will make your paths straight."

I know it doesn't sound much different but I put some charisma into it. lol...
^Very cool.
Ballers Wrote:Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

I did a rap song of this for my church long ago when I was a "holy roller" it went a little different.

"Trust in the lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding..

Thank you for posting this. I read this verse to my son last week while on vacation and we both liked it. I wanted to mark this in my Bible when I got home, but I could not remember what chapter and verse for the life of me. I searched for just about every night since Sunday. You just made my life much easier.
^funny how that stuff works Big Grin
2 Peter 3:9 Wrote:"The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. Instead, He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

God wants us all to be repentant from the times we mess-up. That is why he offers grace, forgiveness and love to all who may ask.

This song has been in my head for a few days non-stop.

Many verses go along perfectly including Psalm 22:5 and Isaiah 40:31
Also, this song has recently came to my attention. They are a band from Rockcastle County and Madison County (I think all went to RCHS, I know at least two did)

I post this because they are trying to gain steam to break out nationally. They have a album debuting nationally in September and they have done major festivals and toured nationally with people like Skillet, Pillar, Kutless and others.

How many Christian Rock bands mention Jesus in their lyrics? Switchfoot doesn't, Red doesn't, this song comes right out and says, "I'm a Jesus freak until the day I die."

Praise God for a band that proclaims that!
Bringing this back as well. Now that I have the summer away from class-work, I can do a lot more of this stuff.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
Proverbs 15:33
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers Wrote:Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

My very favorite verse. I read it at my father's funeral.

Second favorite quote is Matthew 11:28-30
Come unto me, all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

There's a song made from these Bible passage. It's absolutely gorgeous.
LWC Wrote:The fear of the LORD teaches a man wisdom, and humility comes before honor.
Proverbs 15:33

If I heard this once, I heard it a thousand times when I was growing up!:Thumbs:
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
—Galatians 6:7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I HATE PATIENCE!!!!!!!! Is there anyone else who has that problem Wink Just kidding, If you are human, you have it. So, I try, and let all of us pray for each other to have it:

Galatians 6:9…

‘Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.’
“The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments.”
--Habakkuk 3:19 NIV
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]