Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Covington Catholic football or basketball school?
toussaints Wrote:Nope, its almost like your Ft. Thomas High School situation. Covington and Covington Holmes were always the same school, it just changed its name by adding Holmes to the end of it after the Holmes family donated their mansion to Covington High School. Holmes and Grant were different schools AFTER the black students at Holmes were moved to Grant due to segregation. The black students were then PUT BACK into Holmes when de-segregation occured.

Not even close to the Cooper, Ryle, Boone County thing your referring to. That was all due to over-crowding

I follow you. However, William Grant played games against Holmes. You don't get credit for both. Ft. Thomas never played Highlands. That would be the same as Highlands taking credit if St. Thomas had ever won anything.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I follow you. However, William Grant played games against Holmes. You don't get credit for both. Ft. Thomas never played Highlands. That would be the same as Highlands taking credit if St. Thomas had ever won anything.

thats true, but Grant only won 4 titles so that leaves Covington Holmes with 14 to Highlands 12.

We can both agree that Highlands has the best athletics, boys & girls combined in NKY though
toussaints Wrote:Holmes has 21 combined boys & girls regional titles, Highlands has 19 combined regional titles, and some of those are 10th region. only reason i know that is because i interviewed mike flynn last year and i had that in my notes.

Highlands has been in the 10th region in the past?
Can you dig it? Wrote:Highlands has been in the 10th region in the past?

So has "Covington" and most of the other older schools currently in the 9th region.