Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knicks looking to hire Calipari as coach and GM?
The thing about this thread though, is that Calipari's ego is so big that there are very few NBA teams that he would consider right now. I believe New York would be a perfect fit for his ego. They have plenty of star power, they are a huge market, and if offered the right amount of money, I say Cal's gone. I heard all of this "Im not going anywhere, this is my dream job, yatty yatty yadda" 14 years ago right after UK came 5 points of winning their second title in a row. And Ive heard a hundred coaches say it since then, and Ive seen a hundred of them go since then. If Cal gets a good deal from New York, mark him gone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you have some inside info that we don't? It appears that the Knicks owner is definitely interested in Cal. Insiders in New York say that he is. Websites all over the net are reporting the same thing. I was in a couple of bars last week in NYC, and some of the patrons there are sure that Cal will get an offer from the Knicks owner.

We all know that you don't like Coach Cal. Do you want him to leave? Who do you want UK to go after if Coach Cal does leave? Will he be able to win right away like Cal has?
If Coach Cal leaves, I'm gonna say that they look at Mark Few (Zaga), Sean Miller (Ariz), San Diego State's Head Coach, and of course Billy Donovan (Even tho he won't leave Florida) along with some others
Strikeout King Wrote:If Coach Cal leaves, I'm gonna say that they look at Mark Few (Zaga), Sean Miller (Ariz), San Diego State's Head Coach, and of course Billy Donovan (Even tho he won't leave Florida) along with some others

No way they would go after Steve Fisher. He was the head coach at Michigan that recruited the Fab 5 that put Michigan on probation.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:The thing about this thread though, is that Calipari's ego is so big that there are very few NBA teams that he would consider right now. I believe New York would be a perfect fit for his ego. They have plenty of star power, they are a huge market, and if offered the right amount of money, I say Cal's gone. I heard all of this "Im not going anywhere, this is my dream job, yatty yatty yadda" 14 years ago right after UK came 5 points of winning their second title in a row. And Ive heard a hundred coaches say it since then, and Ive seen a hundred of them go since then. If Cal gets a good deal from New York, mark him gone.

:Thumbs:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
CAL isnt going anywhere.

The stars in New York Praise the Mike D'Antoni. He isnt being fired.
The stars in New York Praise the Mike D'Antoni. He isnt being fired.[/QUOTE]

:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::flush::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please::please:

That about says it all when it comes to this thread!
^Didn't mean to include that quote in the above reply.
Joneslab Wrote:^Didn't mean to include that quote in the above reply.

it all good