Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knicks looking to hire Calipari as coach and GM?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Unless the New York Knicks make a run deep into the playoffs, the team may be looking at a change at the top when next season rolls around.
A source told the New York Post that team owner James Dolan "may have eyes for John Calipari ... to run the front office and coach."
Calipari is currently the coach of the University of Kentucky. He coached in the NBA from 1996 to 2000, first as head coach of the New Jersey Nets and then as an assistant for the Philadelphia 76ers. His Nets went 72-112.
The Post notes that "Dolan's reluctance to pick up Knicks president Donnie Walsh's $5 million option for next season the moment the team qualified for the playoffs says it all about where this shadowy situation is headed."

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/post/...mlb-341922
Now Realville, you know there is no truth to this:popcorn:

Lol - you are gonna get beat up TongueirateSho
LOL. Just posting what I found on Yahoo News. Is it not true, or is just that people don't wan't it to be true?
Dumping Walsh and D'Antoni for Calipari would not be the dumbest thing that the Knicks have done in recent years but it would still be monumentally idiotic.

(Hiring Isiaha Thomas and allowing him to almost wreck the franchise was the most idiotic thing any professional sports team has done in the past few years - maybe longer.)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Dumping Walsh and D'Antoni for Calipari would not be the dumbest thing that the Knicks have done in recent years but it would still be monumentally idiotic.

(Hiring Isiaha Thomas and allowing him to almost wreck the franchise was the most idiotic thing any professional sports team has done in the past few years - maybe longer.)

D'Antoni is not the fit for the type of team the Knicks are trying to build. Bring in Jerry Sloan and the pick & roll!
They will always be rumors like this surround Cal. One day one of them will be true, but this one is not.
Aslan Wrote:They will always be rumors like this surround Cal. One day one of them will be true, but this one is not.
Do you have some inside info that we don't? It appears that the Knicks owner is definitely interested in Cal. Insiders in New York say that he is. Websites all over the net are reporting the same thing. I was in a couple of bars last week in NYC, and some of the patrons there are sure that Cal will get an offer from the Knicks owner.
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you have some inside info that we don't? It appears that the Knicks owner is definitely interested in Cal. Insiders in New York say that he is. Websites all over the net are reporting the same thing. I was in a couple of bars last week in NYC, and some of the patrons there are sure that Cal will get an offer from the Knicks owner.

Let me rephrase, I don't think it's true :Thumbs:
If it is true and he does get offered, I don't see him leaving UK just yet.
Aslan Wrote:Let me rephrase, I don't think it's true :Thumbs:
If it is true and he does get offered, I don't see him leaving UK just yet.

I could see him leaving if the money is right.
Jarons Wrote:I could see him leaving if the money is right.

He's making plenty of money at UK. Cal will have plenty of opportunities to be a coach again in the NBA and these rumors are going to come up every year. IMO he'll be at UK for a few more years.
Aslan Wrote:He's making plenty of money at UK. Cal will have plenty of opportunities to be a coach again in the NBA and these rumors are going to come up every year. IMO he'll be at UK for a few more years.

:Thumbs:
Head coach of the Knicks AND GM. As in, coaching a PLAYOFF team in Madison Square Garden and choosing your own players? Hard to turn that down.
I am afraid that if Calipari takes the Knicks job, the NCAA will punish him by taking away Kentucky's Final Four appearance. They don't seem to respond well to Coach Cal's career moves. :biggrin:
I doubt Coach Cal going anywhere for awhile, he said that Kentucky was his "Dream Job" If he left I'd be very surprised
Stardust Wrote:D'Antoni is not the fit for the type of team the Knicks are trying to build. Bring in Jerry Sloan and the pick & roll!
He was till the Knicks' managment thought Carmelo would be a saviour to the franchise. WRONG.
Strikeout King Wrote:I doubt Coach Cal going anywhere for awhile, he said that Kentucky was his "Dream Job" If he left I'd be very surprised

Do you REALLY believe that? How many coaches take a job and say this is their DREAM JOB. Is that the first time you have ever heard that statement? Was it his Dream Job when he was rustling the feathers stirring up crap about Pitino and UK in 1996? C'mon!
Amun-Ra Wrote:He was till the Knicks' managment thought Carmelo would be a saviour to the franchise. WRONG.

I'm not sure he was before. The thought for bringing him to NYC was that it would lure LBJ there. But you are right, his style will not mesh with Melo!
Stardust Wrote:Do you REALLY believe that? How many coaches take a job and say this is their DREAM JOB. Is that the first time you have ever heard that statement? Was it his Dream Job when he was rustling the feathers stirring up crap about Pitino and UK in 1996? C'mon!

To be honest, Yes. I don't see him leaving, not with the recruits he has coming in and Recruits he's talking to for the 2012, 2013, 2014 Season's. I believe if he was gonna leave he would have left last year when his name came up for the NBA with the Bulls, Cavs and other teams there was even talk about the Knicks Job. These Rumors come up every year. Wonder how come his name for NBA Jobs didn't surface when he was at Memphis? UK must have alot and I mean alot of Haters out there
^ That's not what I asked. I could care less if he stays or not, but whatever job a coach gets, it's his DREAM JOB............ Whatever. Like I said, he HATED UK, but now people believe him when he say's DREAM. Yeah, it was a dream, Pitino left him with NIGHTMARES!
Stardust Wrote:^ That's not what I asked. I could care less if he stays or not, but whatever job a coach gets, it's his DREAM JOB............ Whatever. Like I said, he HATED UK, but now people believe him when he say's DREAM. Yeah, it was a dream, Pitino left him with NIGHTMARES!

When did he exactly say he HATED UK? IF he hated UK like you said he said he wouldn't be here. that's pretty much what you asked, you asked if That was the first time I had ever heard that and I said yes and went on to say that UK has alot of Haters out there because these rumors of him going to the NBA have came up since he was here at UK when they didn't while he was at Memphis
^ I gues you are too young to know the facts!
Stardust Wrote:^ I gues you are too young to know the facts!

^ I'm pretty sure if he said he hated UK I would have known it by now being as my family follows UK and they've never mentioned it at all. But all we can do is Wait and See, If he leaves he leaves, if he stays then he stays, I Personally want him to stay.
LWC Wrote:Head coach of the Knicks AND GM. As in, coaching a PLAYOFF team in Madison Square Garden and choosing your own players? Hard to turn that down.

Yeah, same thing I said. But I also think that Cal is happy in Kentucky. But it's all about the money. So, I'd say he'll leave. And he'd be coaching Amare, Melo, and Billups. Not to bad off a team right their.
If the knicks had Lebron, Kobe, and Rose he would go, but.....
They dont, get ready to see him stay put.
Another one of these threads.
^I hate them too, Wildcatk23!!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Another one of these threads.

Word :Thumbs:
I still think there's almost no possibility that he'll leave for the NBA. His trademark is recruiting and getting guys to the NBA, he's won't be doing that coaching the Knicks.

Plus, I think he's just happy here and knows we're going to keep on winning.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Another one of these threads.

MisterPerfect Wrote:^I hate them too, Wildcatk23!!

TongueirateSho:Cheerlead:blabbermo:flame::moon::thanks::1::notworthy:worthy::Thumbs:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I am afraid that if Calipari takes the Knicks job, the NCAA will punish him by taking away Kentucky's Final Four appearance. They don't seem to respond well to Coach Cal's career moves. :biggrin:
:lmao: Yep, now that UK has a banner to take away, bring out the plastic wrap when Cal makes his move!
Pages: 1 2