Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Knight should be put in a home for old people!
Joneslab Wrote:Also, I will be sure to punch, choke and belittle my child as soon as he starts playing sports because that is obviously the way to build young men into responsbile adults. Give me a break PT. Your arguements for Bobby Knight are hollow. He is and was a terrible person. Who cares is he never committed a recruiting violation (that we know about) he sucks as a human being. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. He has exposed himself the last the decade.

Well, not too many that are "Good People". And no, he has not exposed himself in the last decade, he did that the first day he stepped onto the sidelines at West Point. What you see is what you get and always has been. He never hid behind a facade. He may have brought himself down, but he never brought down programs. And all this stuff about him being a bad human being and he was a tyrant to young men - what, one, two complaints out of the 100's of players who have ever played for him. Sorry, there is NO WAY that his players as grown men would still be afraid of saying what a tyrant he was if he really was one!

So, bad human being is your opinion, which is fair for you to have. However his players trump anyone elses opinion, correct?
He's a good coach but he has anger issues very badly. No he shouldn't have choked his players, hit them, or do whatever else he did to them. NO I wouldn't send my kid to him but He's a good coach, just has anger problems
Stardust Wrote:Well, not too many that are "Good People". And no, he has not exposed himself in the last decade, he did that the first day he stepped onto the sidelines at West Point. What you see is what you get and always has been. He never hid behind a facade. He may have brought himself down, but he never brought down programs. And all this stuff about him being a bad human being and he was a tyrant to young men - what, one, two complaints out of the 100's of players who have ever played for him. Sorry, there is NO WAY that his players as grown men would still be afraid of saying what a tyrant he was if he really was one!

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfil...night.html

Read the article and come up with a way to defend the old general, Im sure you willl.

You are absolutely right he didn't hide behind anything. He operated with inpunity due to the lack of media exposure in his glory days. He physically harmed players, administrators and reporters all during his tenure at IU. Unfortunately, the facts came to surface years later and nothing can be done. He is a sorry *** human being and bully. The facts speak for themselves #BobKnightTurth
Strikeout King Wrote:He's a good coach but he has anger issues very badly. No he shouldn't have choked his players, hit them, or do whatever else he did to them. NO I wouldn't send my kid to him but He's a good coach, just has anger problems

In my short time on this site I really respect your passion for sports and your posts but does being a good coach really forgive his actions. I hope you say no! He is a bad human being who has been given a pass for way too long.
Joneslab Wrote:In my short time on this site I really respect your passion for sports and your posts but does being a good coach really forgive his actions. I hope you say no! He is a bad human being who has been given a pass for way too long.

Thank You. He's a good coach but what he done was wrong and he knows that, some people have to forgive (Church & God), and some people just can't stand him. Everyone deserves a 2nd Chance but what good would it do cause he would just do the same thing over.
Joneslab Wrote:You are free to love anybody you want. However, this is the same man who onced stated to Connie Chung during and interview that if a woman was about to be rapped she might as welll lay there and enjoy it. That's what all the great ones say I guess. This recent incident marks the second time Bob Knight has flat out lied about Calapari and or the UK program. First he made the false statement concerning Calapari leaving two programs on probabtion and still being allowd to coach. Now he has made this statement of non truth concerning lack of class attendance. I couldn't imagine being an Indiana fan and cheering and applauding his rhetoric. It's the rambling of senile old man. Also, don't forget this is the same man who has constantly praised Jim Tressel in the past for doing it the "right way." Well, guess who has his program on probabtion. None other than Mr. Tressel. Who, I might also mention left Youngstown St on probabtion when he left for OSU. Bob Knight is a member of the media now. He represents ESPN. If they do not hold him accountable and force a retraction and apology I seriously may never watch ESPN. :redboxer:

Well Cal did leave two programs on probation and a few of his players did stop attending class.
I could care the least, as long as he don't get UK in trouble.
Still though, Bobby should be more professional and leave his feelings about UK out of any further discussions.
Joneslab Wrote:http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfil...night.html

Read the article and come up with a way to defend the old general, Im sure you willl.

You are absolutely right he didn't hide behind anything. He operated with inpunity due to the lack of media exposure in his glory days. He physically harmed players, administrators and reporters all during his tenure at IU. Unfortunately, the facts came to surface years later and nothing can be done. He is a sorry *** human being and bully. The facts speak for themselves #BobKnightTurth

This three year-old story still only acknowledges the two player incidents that players complained about him. As I mentioned before, where are ALL of those players that agreed that this was the real Bobby Knight. That was the question!
Stardust Wrote:This three year-old story still only acknowledges the two player incidents that players complained about him. As I mentioned before, where are ALL of those players that agreed that this was the real Bobby Knight. That was the question!

Doesn't matter if its five or ten years old. What he did is documented. Show me statements from Calipari's players that state he is a snake in the grass. Show me facts that convict him of unlawful recruiting practices.Show me anyting to make him the terrible person you claim him to be. The former players got nothing to lose. They would say it just like Neil Reed. I've shown you and given you enough evidence to find on your own that will show Bobby Knight is a sorry human being. Deal with it man. I'm sorry you are a UC fan. I probably hate everyboy else's success also.
Stardust Wrote:This three year-old story still only acknowledges the two player incidents that players complained about him. As I mentioned before, where are ALL of those players that agreed that this was the real Bobby Knight. That was the question!

Also, show me any incident where Calapari, Hall, Sutton, Rupp, Pitino, Smith or even Billy G choked a player or committed any of the types of physical abuse Bobby Knight has committed toward players, oppossing coaches (see Joe B. Hall), refs, administrators, etc. Just shut up man. If you like Bobby Knight that is your problem. You are in the minority and rightfully so. :lmao:
Joneslab Wrote:Also, show me any incident where Calapari, Hall, Sutton, Rupp, Pitino, Smith or even Billy G choked a player or committed any of the types of physical abuse Bobby Knight has committed toward players, oppossing coaches (see Joe B. Hall), refs, administrators, etc. Just shut up man. If you like Bobby Knight that is your problem. You are in the minority and rightfully so. :lmao:

Now Billy G did tell Jodie Meeks that if he didn't quit shooting all the time that he would kick him off the team. He also threatened to kick one of the players off the bus and make him walk back to the hotel
Aslan Wrote:Well Cal did leave two programs on probation and a few of his players did stop attending class.
I could care the least, as long as he don't get UK in trouble.
Still though, Bobby should be more professional and leave his feelings about UK out of any further discussions.

In all due respect Calapari has never put a program on probation. Neither UMass or Memphis were put on probation. They were only forced to vacate wins. Calapari has never been implicated. He was even called a victim of Camby's bad decision at UMass by the NCAAA. Oh, don't forget the NCAAA clearinghouse cleared D Rose to play and then after the season said opps we changed our mind. What coach in America would not have played the kid. Event the old general himself would have.
Strikeout King Wrote:Now Billy G did tell Jodie Meeks that if he didn't quit shooting all the time that he would kick him off the team. He also threatened to kick one of the players off the bus and make him walk back to the hotel

But did he physically abuse on of them or how about two? Those are on camera! Who knows how many more.
Strikeout King Wrote:Now Billy G did tell Jodie Meeks that if he didn't quit shooting all the time that he would kick him off the team. He also threatened to kick one of the players off the bus and make him walk back to the hotel

Maybe he was just teaching them how to be men! That is how old Bobby used to do it.
Bobby Knight was a great coach that made a lot of questionable decisions.
He coached for the Army and West Point and I think a lot of his militant characteristics carried over to Indiana and it just didn't translate.
I understand the man has done some politically incorrect things....
but it isn't much more politically correct to open up a thread in a public forum name "Bob Knight should be put in a home for old people!"
The man has some very noble principles at his core and I will respect Bobby Knight until the end of time.
Joneslab Wrote:But did he physically abuse on of them or how about two? Those are on camera! Who knows how many more.

Not that I know of
zaga_fan Wrote:Bobby Knight was a great coach that made a lot of questionable decisions.
He coached for the Army and West Point and I think a lot of his militant characteristics carried over to Indiana and it just didn't translate.
but it isn't much more politically correct to open up a thread in a public forum name "Bob Knight should be put in a home for old people!"
The man has some very noble principles at his core and I will respect Bobby Knight until the end of time.

WE can agree to disagree. That is one of the more nice titles I could have given this thread. Anyone who makes as many slanderous claims as him should have their sanity questioned. College basketball isn't the military or military academy. Never has been or never will be. It is not war and nobody's life is in danger. It's a game. We are all guilty of taking it too seriously but Bobby Knight's action are and always will be unexcusable to me.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have said it in my defense of Knight on this board before. Knight made boys into men. 98% of his players became better people because they spent 4 years with him. He made sure they went to class and kept up grades. He didn't take any of the crap that a lot of coaches today put up with. And is one of the top 4-5 Basketball minds in the history of the world. People continually point to "He Choked a player!!!!". Was it a mistake? Of course. But I also can assume that it was not to kill or hurt the kid. No one put a gun to these kids heads. It was their choice and they knew what they were in for if they wanted to play basketball at Indiana. You can call Bob Knight a lot of things, but you cannot say he was not a winner and did not better the people he came in contact with. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him as a person, but as a basketball coach, he is top notch in excellence on and off the court.

A lot of people say oh well you don't like Calipari blah blah blah, so that's why you stick up for Knight or whatever.

No. Have you ever thought that the biased one is the one lashing out at Knight? At least he speaks his mind. I'm tired of the politically correct crusaders jumping on everything. He states what he thinks, If you don't like it- Don't read or listen. Don't think he owes you somethings because of something he says.

So he choked the kid, but he wasn't trying to hurt him? Wow. Just wow.
zaga_fan Wrote:Bobby Knight was a great coach that made a lot of questionable decisions.

Noble Principles? If he was under the radar like coaches are today with the media he would have been labeled a disgrace to the coaching name. And nothing more than a kid beater and abuser.

Panther Thunder Wrote:I have said it in my defense of Knight on this board before. Knight made boys into men. 98% of his players became better people because they spent 4 years with him. He made sure they went to class and kept up grades. He didn't take any of the crap that a lot of coaches today put up with. And is one of the top 4-5 Basketball minds in the history of the world. People continually point to "He Choked a player!!!!". Was it a mistake? Of course. But I also can assume that it was not to kill or hurt the kid. No one put a gun to these kids heads. It was their choice and they knew what they were in for if they wanted to play basketball at Indiana. You can call Bob Knight a lot of things, but you cannot say he was not a winner and did not better the people he came in contact with. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him as a person, but as a basketball coach, he is top notch in excellence on and off the court.

A lot of people say oh well you don't like Calipari blah blah blah, so that's why you stick up for Knight or whatever.

No. Have you ever thought that the biased one is the one lashing out at Knight? At least he speaks his mind. I'm tired of the politically correct crusaders jumping on everything. He states what he thinks, If you don't like it- Don't read or listen. Don't think he owes you somethings because of something he says.

How exactly did he better the people he came in contact with? Was there a poll taken? Statistics? What is your reasoning and facts behind the 98% of his players are better people?

No one held a gun to their head? How was they suppose to know the man was insane.
LClion4life Wrote:So he choked the kid, but he wasn't trying to hurt him? Wow. Just wow.

Choking people makes them a better man! LOL give me a break.
[