Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bob Knight should be put in a home for old people!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can he really tell this many lies not be required to apologize?:flush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdun5cyqF...dded#at=16
Joneslab Wrote:Can he really tell this many lies not be required to apologize?:flush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdun5cyqF...dded#at=16

Of Course he can, A Video came out showing he choked a player, He went from denying it to saying he didnt remember it. He Can Lie Smile
Words cannot describe my hatred for bob knight.
king360 Wrote:Words cannot describe my hatred for bob knight.

Same
Bobby Knight is Bobby Knight he could murder someone and he'd get away with it
I dis-like bob knight very much!!!
I love Bob Knight, but he's letting his hatred for Kentucky affect his profession.
Strikeout King Wrote:Bobby Knight is Bobby Knight he could murder someone and he'd get away with it

Well said! I think you're exactly right! I wonder how many recruiting violations Bob Knight has gotten away with?
Aslan Wrote:I love Bob Knight, but he's letting his hatred for Kentucky affect his profession.

I agree.

Also, I agree with one thing that he did say in this video. The one and done rule needs to change to the baseball rule. Either you go pro out of high school or you stay in school for at least three years. I think everyone agrees with that, though.
Aslan Wrote:I love Bob Knight, but he's letting his hatred for Kentucky affect his profession.

You are free to love anybody you want. However, this is the same man who onced stated to Connie Chung during and interview that if a woman was about to be rapped she might as welll lay there and enjoy it. That's what all the great ones say I guess. This recent incident marks the second time Bob Knight has flat out lied about Calapari and or the UK program. First he made the false statement concerning Calapari leaving two programs on probabtion and still being allowd to coach. Now he has made this statement of non truth concerning lack of class attendance. I couldn't imagine being an Indiana fan and cheering and applauding his rhetoric. It's the rambling of senile old man. Also, don't forget this is the same man who has constantly praised Jim Tressel in the past for doing it the "right way." Well, guess who has his program on probabtion. None other than Mr. Tressel. Who, I might also mention left Youngstown St on probabtion when he left for OSU. Bob Knight is a member of the media now. He represents ESPN. If they do not hold him accountable and force a retraction and apology I seriously may never watch ESPN. :redboxer:
leecoukfan Wrote:Well said! I think you're exactly right! I wonder how many recruiting violations Bob Knight has gotten away with?
You are really gonna sit there and act like Bob Knight would give a crap what some high school kid thought? If they wanted to come play for him? Great. If not? To **** with em. The inmates do not run the prison with him.
Joneslab Wrote:You are free to love anybody you want. However, this is the same man who onced stated to Connie Chung during and interview that if a woman was about to be rapped she might as welll lay there and enjoy it. That's what all the great ones say I guess. This recent incident marks the second time Bob Knight has flat out lied about Calapari and or the UK program. First he made the false statement concerning Calapari leaving two programs on probabtion and still being allowd to coach. Now he has made this statement of non truth concerning lack of class attendance. I couldn't imagine being an Indiana fan and cheering and applauding his rhetoric. It's the rambling of senile old man. Also, don't forget this is the same man who has constantly praised Jim Tressel in the past for doing it the "right way." Well, guess who has his program on probabtion. None other than Mr. Tressel. Who, I might also mention left Youngstown St on probabtion when he left for OSU. Bob Knight is a member of the media now. He represents ESPN. If they do not hold him accountable and force a retraction and apology I seriously may never watch ESPN. :redboxer:
Glass Houses people. Glass Houses.
Joneslab Wrote:Knight is a member of the media now. He represents ESPN. If they do not hold him accountable and force a retraction and apology I seriously may never watch ESPN. :redboxer:
Out of all the BS I have read on this site in 5 years. This is as close to the top as it gets. You're telling me that if ESPN does not make him do what you want, you'll never watch another UK game again? Now that is an exaggeration, but a large portion of UK games are on ESPN.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Out of all the BS I have read on this site in 5 years. This is as close to the top as it gets. You're telling me that if ESPN does not make him do what you want, you'll never watch another UK game again? Now that is an exaggeration, but a large portion of UK games are on ESPN.

Glad you know my thought process better than I. It has been noted. I will be sure to allow you to proof read all my future posts so you can check them on your BS meter. Only then if they meet your standards will I allow the rest of the public to read them. Once again, thank you for your help.
Joneslab Wrote:Glad you know my thought process better than I. It has been noted. I will be sure to allow you to proof read all my future posts so you can check them on your BS meter. Only then if they meet your standards will I allow the rest of the public to read them. Once again, thank you for your help.
:Thumbs:
Bob Knight isn't my favorite character but I'll never let hatred come between me and my ESPN.
Panther Thunder Wrote:You are really gonna sit there and act like Bob Knight would give a crap what some high school kid thought? If they wanted to come play for him? Great. If not? To **** with em. The inmates do not run the prison with him.

I think u misread his post.

SO you think its ok to choke players?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I think u misread his post.

SO you think its ok to choke players?
What in the world does that have to do with recruiting violations?
I can't watch youtube at work....
what does this video say?
Panther Thunder Wrote:What in the world does that have to do with recruiting violations?

Amen brother
Panther Thunder Wrote:What in the world does that have to do with recruiting violations?

It doesn't have anything to do with recruiting violations in a traditional sense. Yet, would any parent want to send their child to play at a university where they may be choked if the coach is unhappy with their play. That sounds like the most egregious recruiting violation I could ever imagine. Sounds like a breach of trust in the most horrific sense. You and whoever else are free to like Bobby Knight for whatever reasons you feel are just. I could care less. However, im my opinion he is a bitter old man who still thinks he is relevant. He is archaic and has absolutely no relevance in today's college basketball world. He owes the players more of an apology than anything for his slanderous statements. I can only hope that ESPN has the balls to make it happen!
Stardust Wrote:Amen brother

Read my previous post to PT. That was as much addressed to you as him. It is obvious you do not hold Calipari in high regard and that is your right. I'm not arguing that. However, Slander is slander and what Bobby Knight did in that video is slander. No way around that. He owes and apology or retraction.
Joneslab Wrote:It doesn't have anything to do with recruiting violations in a traditional sense. Yet, would any parent want to send their child to play at a university where they may be choked if the coach is unhappy with their play. That sounds like the most egregious recruiting violation I could ever imagine. Sounds like a breach of trust in the most horrific sense. You and whoever else are free to like Bobby Knight for whatever reasons you feel are just. I could care less. However, im my opinion he is a bitter old man who still thinks he is relevant. He is archaic and has absolutely no relevance in today's college basketball world. He owes the players more of an apology than anything for his slanderous statements. I can only hope that ESPN has the balls to make it happen!

Are you being serious? Obviously wasn't that question answered, many, many times? I've heard that argument for 30 years, "I would not send my kid to play for him", yet many parents did!
Stardust Wrote:Are you being serious? Obviously wasn't that question answered, many, many times? I've heard that argument for 30 years, "I would not send my kid to play for him", yet many parents did!

How many sent their kids after the truth was known?
Stardust Wrote:Are you being serious? Obviously wasn't that question answered, many, many times? I've heard that argument for 30 years, "I would not send my kid to play for him", yet many parents did!
I have said it in my defense of Knight on this board before. Knight made boys into men. 98% of his players became better people because they spent 4 years with him. He made sure they went to class and kept up grades. He didn't take any of the crap that a lot of coaches today put up with. And is one of the top 4-5 Basketball minds in the history of the world. People continually point to "He Choked a player!!!!". Was it a mistake? Of course. But I also can assume that it was not to kill or hurt the kid. No one put a gun to these kids heads. It was their choice and they knew what they were in for if they wanted to play basketball at Indiana. You can call Bob Knight a lot of things, but you cannot say he was not a winner and did not better the people he came in contact with. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him as a person, but as a basketball coach, he is top notch in excellence on and off the court.

A lot of people say oh well you don't like Calipari blah blah blah, so that's why you stick up for Knight or whatever.

No. Have you ever thought that the biased one is the one lashing out at Knight? At least he speaks his mind. I'm tired of the politically correct crusaders jumping on everything. He states what he thinks, If you don't like it- Don't read or listen. Don't think he owes you somethings because of something he says.
TomSportsHack Wrote:Excellent graduation rate. Understands that a university is NOT a professional basketball franchise and that academics comes first. Clean record with the NCAA in terms of recruiting.

He's a jerk, but he's an honorable, honest jerk.
From another thread back in the day. Pretty much sums it up.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have said it in my defense of Knight on this board before. Knight made boys into men. 98% of his players became better people because they spent 4 years with him. He made sure they went to class and kept up grades. He didn't take any of the crap that a lot of coaches today put up with. And is one of the top 4-5 Basketball minds in the history of the world. People continually point to "He Choked a player!!!!". Was it a mistake? Of course. But I also can assume that it was not to kill or hurt the kid. No one put a gun to these kids heads. It was their choice and they knew what they were in for if they wanted to play basketball at Indiana. You can call Bob Knight a lot of things, but you cannot say he was not a winner and did not better the people he came in contact with. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him as a person, but as a basketball coach, he is top notch in excellence on and off the court.

A lot of people say oh well you don't like Calipari blah blah blah, so that's why you stick up for Knight or whatever.

No. Have you ever thought that the biased one is the one lashing out at Knight? At least he speaks his mind. I'm tired of the politically correct crusaders jumping on everything. He states what he thinks, If you don't like it- Don't read or listen. Don't think he owes you somethings because of something he says.

http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfil...night.html

If you can read this and still like Bobby Knight than you Sir are a better man than I. obby Knight was allwoed to succeed becasuse he didn't have the 24/7 media eye on him in his glory days of the 70s and 80s. Did he win, yes! Did he suck as a human being, yes! Which one is ultimaely more important?
Panther Thunder Wrote:I have said it in my defense of Knight on this board before. Knight made boys into men. 98% of his players became better people because they spent 4 years with him. He made sure they went to class and kept up grades. He didn't take any of the crap that a lot of coaches today put up with. And is one of the top 4-5 Basketball minds in the history of the world. People continually point to "He Choked a player!!!!". Was it a mistake? Of course. But I also can assume that it was not to kill or hurt the kid. No one put a gun to these kids heads. It was their choice and they knew what they were in for if they wanted to play basketball at Indiana. You can call Bob Knight a lot of things, but you cannot say he was not a winner and did not better the people he came in contact with. You don't have to like him, you don't have to respect him as a person, but as a basketball coach, he is top notch in excellence on and off the court.

Also, I will be sure to punch, choke and belittle my child as soon as he starts playing sports because that is obviously the way to build young men into responsbile adults. Give me a break PT. Your arguements for Bobby Knight are hollow. He is and was a terrible person. Who cares is he never committed a recruiting violation (that we know about) he sucks as a human being. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. He has exposed himself the last the decade.

The same people that bash Knight for what he "says" are the same one's that LOVE Barkley. I'm in agreement with you on this one!
Joneslab Wrote:Also, I will be sure to punch, choke and belittle my child as soon as he starts playing sports because that is obviously the way to build young men into responsbile adults. Give me a break PT. Your arguements for Bobby Knight are hollow. He is and was a terrible person. Who cares is he never committed a recruiting violation (that we know about) he sucks as a human being. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. He has exposed himself the last the decade.

Well, not too many that are "Good People". And no, he has not exposed himself in the last decade, he did that the first day he stepped onto the sidelines at West Point. What you see is what you get and always has been. He never hid behind a facade. He may have brought himself down, but he never brought down programs. And all this stuff about him being a bad human being and he was a tyrant to young men - what, one, two complaints out of the 100's of players who have ever played for him. Sorry, there is NO WAY that his players as grown men would still be afraid of saying what a tyrant he was if he really was one!
Pages: 1 2