Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kobe Bryant appears to hurl homophobic slur
As a lifelong Celtic fan, I have never liked the Lakers or anyone who played for them and that includes Kobe. I think he is the best player in the game today. What gives him the edge over LeBron? Kobe is clutch and LeBron is choke. With all that being said, what ever happened to free speech and a free country? For every liberal that harps about pro-choice, they want to censor anyone who might hurt someone's feelings. Hogwash with the AFL-CIO and all the "politically correct" statements. If a person don't like a gay, he or she ought to be able to say it without any penalty. I'm not saying it's right to beat or kill someone. That is wrong whether a person is gay or straight. I also hate the term "hate crimes". A crime is a crime. Murder is murder whether the victim is gay or straight. I just find it hilarious that the most liberal people in this country promote censorship. By the way, I am totally against racism. Skin color is a whole different story that lifestyle. Comments against a person's race is wrong. But is someone dislikes a lifestyle, he or she ought to be able to express that.
"Bennie" should have asked kobe if hes cheating on his wife again lol.
Seriously, who cares. It happens.
As someone said, if you dont like it, dont watch it.
Shady Grady Wrote:As a lifelong Celtic fan, I have never liked the Lakers or anyone who played for them and that includes Kobe. I think he is the best player in the game today. What gives him the edge over LeBron? Kobe is clutch and LeBron is choke. With all that being said, what ever happened to free speech and a free country? For every liberal that harps about pro-choice, they want to censor anyone who might hurt someone's feelings. Hogwash with the AFL-CIO and all the "politically correct" statements. If a person don't like a gay, he or she ought to be able to say it without any penalty. I'm not saying it's right to beat or kill someone. That is wrong whether a person is gay or straight. I also hate the term "hate crimes". A crime is a crime. Murder is murder whether the victim is gay or straight. I just find it hilarious that the most liberal people in this country promote censorship. By the way, I am totally against racism. Skin color is a whole different story that lifestyle. Comments against a person's race is wrong. But is someone dislikes a lifestyle, he or she ought to be able to express that.

Freedom of speech means you have freedom to speak out against your country and it's leaders. This Right only allows for free speech AGAINST your government and is the most frequently mis-interpreted right. Freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom to say whatever you want to whomever you want. Thus, we all have civil protections of speech that means you cannot say whatever you want. Thus, civilly, you are protected from anyone who makes slanderous comments and you can sue someone for calling you gay! Whether you like it or not, you do NOT have the legal right to say whatever you want against anything other than the government of the United States!
Stardust Wrote:Freedom of speech means you have freedom to speak out against your country and it's leaders. This Right only allows for free speech AGAINST your government and is the most frequently mis-interpreted right. Freedom of speech does NOT mean freedom to say whatever you want to whomever you want. Thus, we all have civil protections of speech that means you cannot say whatever you want. Thus, civilly, you are protected from anyone who makes slanderous comments and you can sue someone for calling you gay! Whether you like it or not, you do NOT have the legal right to say whatever you want against anything other than the government of the United States!

First of all, slander is harder to prove than you think. Go read Topix and try to sue someone. I have talked to lawyers. They say you have to prove that something said or written has actually harmed you. With that being said, you missed my point. Even if someone is actually known to be gay, you say something to them and you are termed as "homophobic". Again, that is a politically correct term. What if Kobe had said something about Rosie O'Donnell? He would have been fined. She is a known lesbian but if a person don't like it, then they are the bad guy. My point is if a person wants to say something about a lifestyle they don't like, that should be their choice.