Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kobe Bryant appears to hurl homophobic slur
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After receiving a technical foul during Tuesday's game, Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant stormed back to the bench and appeared to direct a homophobic slur toward referee Bennie Adams.

Bryant's reaction was caught on camera on TNT's national telecast of the key Western Conference battle with the San Antonio Spurs. He hit his seat before sitting down, threw a towel and then yelled, "Bennie," toward the court. Bryant then leaned back and muttered what appeared to be a gay slur.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky Brothers. Blog

TNT announcer Steve Kerr picked up on Bryant's outburst and said: "You might wanna take the cameras off of him right now, for the children watching from home."
Classy.
I always thought - "It takes one to know one"!
ah boys....
Lol! Hilarious!
Kobe now has 15 Technical's on the season, if he gets one tonight he will be suspended 1 game next year
Hes a class act.
Lol is all I'm going to say
GLAD (Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) released a statement, "Discriminatory slurs have no place, on or off the court."
What's said on the court is not going to garner a PG rating. Don't like it, don't watch it. I find the entire situation hilarious.
Stardust Wrote:I always thought - "It takes one to know one"!

That is a good statement sir.
I don't think that NBA players should say that kind of stuff around a camera.
However....
I can just about guarantee that all of you "class acts" around here have called someone a "***".
Maybe you didn't like something and you said, "Man, that's so 'gay!'"

That's all that was done here and I'm not going to crucify anyone for it.
BTW....
for reference purposes.
The word in asterisks above rhymes with "bag".
^I think we got it.
I think Kobe knows just how many technicals he can get, lol. One away with a game against the Kings left. This could be awesome.
Kobe was fined $100,000 for his comments

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nb...id=6344596
I'm missing this completely. What did he say?
MisterPerfect Wrote:I'm missing this completely. What did he say?

He called a ref gay, basically.
Strikeout King Wrote:Kobe was fined $100,000 for his comments

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nb...id=6344596

That's ridiculous...
Aslan Wrote:That's ridiculous...

what would you want done if someone called kobe gay or something like that?
Strikeout King Wrote:what would you want done if someone called kobe gay or something like that?

Nothing, players talk trash all the time, it's part of the game and not a big deal.
If this was not a legend that said it, it wouldn't have been made a big deal.
I don't think what he said was worth 100k.
Although that is chump change to Kobe.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think what he said was worth 100k.

Sure wished I had 100k to throw around..
Just goes to show how over-paid Pro Athletes are..
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think what he said was worth 100k.

It takes Kobe 29 hrs and 31 min. to earn $100k.
I dont think he should be fined. Had it not been caught on camera u would have never heard a word about it.
K_Mac Wrote:I dont think he should be fined. Had it not been caught on camera u would have never heard a word about it.

Hey K Mac,

This is an AT&T and Verizon convo.. Sprint your way out of it Smile
jk jk
Ballers Wrote:Hey K Mac,

This is an AT&T and Verizon convo.. Sprint your way out of it Smile
jk jk

Seeing how sprint is much better than either service. K MAC is a much better poster Smile
I've always been a firm believer that professional athletes have a responsibility when they are in public to present a good, positive example as a role model. However, I also understand that this is not a perfect world. Every action has a consequence.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Seeing how sprint is much better than either service. K MAC is a much better poster Smile

Thanks, I think lol.
The fine was a little harsh. I am not backing Kobe(I do NOT like him) but everyone says stuff in the heat of the moment.
Pages: 1 2