Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible hot topic: Baptism
PHS - wtf?

You seemed to contradict yourself a little there at the end.

I can find verses that say you can be saved and mention nothing of baptism too.

I think the biggest proof for me. Is with Jesus and the two thieves on the crosses. One denied him and the other believed him. The one who denied him went to hell. But Jesus said to the one who believed that he would be with him in heaven. How do you explain that? He was a sinner on a cross, dying. And he went to heaven. So that proves it is NOT necessary!
Well, I don't know for sure because sometimes when you think the Bible is talking about one thing it is really talking about something else. Godfather does have a point with the thieves.... and NO, water doesn't wash away the sin ........ the Holy Spirit does ...... however one has to wonder when it is talkling of being baptisted could it possiably just be refering to the fact of the Holy Spirit washing away your sins? Does it say anywhere that baptisting is the physical fact of going under water? I sort of think it the author was using the word bapstism to relate how the we are cleasend or born again.
We agree on this mlb.
The Godfather Wrote:We agree on this mlb.

Godfather, I would say we agree on a lot of things. I think you just misunderstood me in the other thread and jumped to conclusions. No hard feeling man 8)
I believe that if you accept God into your life and live as a good person then he is going to know that and let you come into heaven. I do not think that being baptised in a MUST but some people do. I am not religious so I am not wanting to fight with someone over if they should or should not do it but it is accoriding to their religion and their preference. Life your life the way you should and if you accept Christ into your heart then I think that you would be rewarded regardless of baptism or not. In special cases of people not being able to be completely baptised then I think that the Lord understands those too.
I doubt God cares.
This is a really touchy subject and I'm surprised it was even brought up. But since it was, I'll throw my 2 cents in. The Bible says to be baptized for the remission of sins, it's plain and simple. There is a PLAN of salvation and some scriptures talk about believing and some talk about batpisim. They are both part of the plan. That doesn't mean that you just do one without the other. You don't get batpized and not believe, therefore you shouldn't just believe and not get baptized. I could go on and on about this subject, but I prefer not to argue about it. I believe what I believe and although it would be nice if everyone agreed, I know that will never be. God will judge us all accordingly on this subject.
CNN Wrote:I doubt God cares.

Bold statement... care to elaborate?
I think that you should be. it is crazy how some people use parts of the bible to make it easier on themselves. i used to have a tough time with this one. I go to a church where they preach that it is a must. I read my bible, and looked up alot of verses that mention baptism. And I now believe it is a must. About the thieves on the cross-this is only my interpretation-the one who accepted christ was permitted into heaven becasue the world was still under the old covenant-the new covenant doesnt start until after Jesus' death and ressurection, but Im not for sure. I will ask my preacher about that one. There are plenty of verses that say you only have to believe to be saved, and there are plenty that say you must be baptized(born again) I dont see how some people can believe the first, and not the ones about baptism. Can someone explain to me about how at some churches you get saved one week, then you are baptized a few weeks later? I dont comprehend that. My views and interpretations of the bible are different from this. thanks
As far as I know, only the church of christ believes in baptizing on the same day. I know that Baptists do not believe baptism saves a person. Baptists believe you are saved by the grace of God and your belief that Jesus died for your sins, that is what gets you into heaven. We baptize later because it is more convenient and economical to baptize a group of people at once.

Baptists believe that baptism alone cannot save you, and you must believe, and baptism is only something to do, to show the world you fiollow Christ.
at the church that my mother goes to, which is a first church of god, when someone wants to get baptised they wait until like the following wednesday night so that the person can invite some of their family that may not be present and it gives them time to run the water, bring dry clothes and towels, and things like that. it is very possible for someone to get saved and then die before get baptised.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

If he cared so much you think he would have said something by now.
CNN Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:

If he cared so much you think he would have said something by now.

What's he goin to do? Create a profile and type it out? I dont' think so. If you are serious about that then I'm not going to even waste my time arguing about it..
the bible also says to witness to every living creature...
it says don't lie...
it says don't steal..
it says witness..
it says be baptized..

so does that mean, since jesus said to witness, and we don't we're not saved? he wants you to do it, but its not necessary for salvation.