Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-Game Dunking?
Just happened to K State in the pregame.

Im so confused as to how so many people are clueless to this.
We were taught this before we could even dunk.
Stupid rule all I'm going to say. :Sad04:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just happened to K State in the pregame.

Yeah, we were taught this in middle school. I saw it called a few times in the 16th as well.

I can remember once at Boyd county during the district tournament a rim being broken due to pregame dunking and it took forever to get a replacement and the game back going again.
That was the same officials from the 13th region. Who would of thought Corbin and UK got the same refs in pocket...
^
Confusednicker:

That was the first thing I thought when I seen the T called in this game.
It's in HS and NCAA rules if refs r on the floor it's a T. No exceptions! Players r told to stay off rims but they think they r above it
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Just happened to K State in the pregame.

Totally agree with you RunItUpTheGut !! I was thinking the same thing !!:Thumbs::Thumbs:
I think it's a dumb rule, but it is a rule and like Gut said, it's one I learned before anyone on my team could touch rim.
UKisN1 Wrote:The refs jurisdiction does not start until 15 minutes prior to the game. It is great for the players and fans, but why waste energy as a player or risk potential injury. As a coach, I banned my players from doing it after receiving a technical before a game.

The refs jurisdiction begins as soon as he steps on the playing floor and ends when he leaves the playing floor.

I could be mistaken...
I think most refs generally don't walk out until 15 minutes or so, but if they stroll out at 19 minutes and see a dunk they are within their rights to call a T.

They can also call one after the clock hits 0 and a coach runs them down before they get off the floor.
zaga_fan Wrote:The refs jurisdiction begins as soon as he steps on the playing floor and ends when he leaves the playing floor.

I could be mistaken...
I think most refs generally don't walk out until 15 minutes or so, but if they stroll out at 19 minutes and see a dunk they are within their rights to call a T.

They can also call one after the clock hits 0 and a coach runs them down before they get off the floor.

Official jurisdiction begins when the walk on the floor at 15 minutes. That is NFHS rules don't know about college.
Its a stupid rule should be done away with. That being said as long as its a rule then the kids should follow it.
Count em' up!
As soon as they walk on the floor and they can be out there no later than 15 minutes prior.

[Image: http://s9.postimg.org/hej6p9qfj/bball.png]
Stupid rule