Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student Section Award
mrsportsfan Wrote:I was told the principal paid for it. Since his nephew plays on the team, is that a conflict of interest? If it was the principal, i have it from a very reliable source that this is the case. Can anyone confirm?

Actually both of the principal's nephews played on the team. Where is a conflict of interest? One of the goals of the tournament is to make money and Pikeville sold a lot of tickets for their games.

It is common knowledge that a local businessman donated the money for the tickets.:Cheerlead
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there were kids in the county that could not afford to go also. But this turkey thought it would have got them a trip to Rupp . But not, I wonder if he would give his Rupp tickets to some pour kid at Valley or buy tickets for the pour Valley kids loving to go. whomever they may be let them keep turning their noise up at the pour county kids.

So a local businessman from Pikeville who is a fan of Pikeville should buy tickets for Shelby Valley students. :please:I have a novel idea, how about a Shelby Valley businessman buy tickets for Shelby Valley students. :eyeroll:

And guess what, Pikeville fans would be happy for SV students if this happened. Unlike the county fans who are belly aching about this grand gesture.
PantherTradition Wrote:So a local businessman from Pikeville who is a fan of Pikeville should buy tickets for Shelby Valley students. :please:I have a novel idea, how about a Shelby Valley businessman buy tickets for Shelby Valley students. :eyeroll:

And guess what, Pikeville fans would be happy for SV students if this happened. Unlike the county fans who are belly aching about this grand gesture.

Lol!!:Thumbs:
Wyatt Earp Wrote:If the Principal from South Floyd is in this reference I can bet my life on it that he didn't spend any money on this trophy or any other trophy unless they had it on sale over at Lowe's and I don't mean the sporting store. I saw the crowds at every game and they were all great, Kids having a good time for a week and coming together was fun to watch.

:thatsfunn