Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student Section Award
First off, let me say that I love how they give this trophy out. Really drives the kids. BUT does anyone agree with South Floyd getting it?

In my opinion, Pikeville should of gotten it by a long shot. SF had that 1 big turnout for just 1 game but PHS still had more in the Championship.

Whats everyone think??
Yeah, I'm a homer. I will admit I did not see the SF game, but if they showed out more than Pikeville, I am very impressed. Pikeville was the most impressive since 06 Johnson Central, IMO.

Just my thoughts. No one get too upset.
It sounded like South Floyd was really pumped about finally getting down to the expo and made the most by bringing bunches of kids/fans. I am sure the committee does not want to reward a student section just based on the fact that they get two more shots to impress. I really was happy to see Pikeville's student section this year. They were rowdy, rude, clever and showed up in drones. But I guess South Floyd must have been crazier for their one game.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
South Floyd ran 4 student fan buses to a first round regional tournament game. I think thats pretty good!
SF student section during 58th district tournament
Is it true that every Pikeville student that went, got in free courtesy of someone who paid for their tickets? I have heard this and would like to know if it is true. I want to congratulate Shelby Valley for winning when it counted. I guess this just intensified the rivalry between SV and Pikeville even more. Bart, you have heard the saying always the bridesmaid, never a bride? Well I guess in this case it is again, a groomsmen, never a groom. Sometimes what goes around, comes back around, to bite you back. Go Shelby Valley!!!!!!
mrsportsfan Wrote:Is it true that every Pikeville student that went, got in free courtesy of someone who paid for their tickets? I have heard this and would like to know if it is true. I want to congratulate Shelby Valley for winning when it counted. I guess this just intensified the rivalry between SV and Pikeville even more. Bart, you have heard the saying always the bridesmaid, never a bride? Well I guess in this case it is again, a groomsmen, never a groom. Sometimes what goes around, comes back around, to bite you back. Go Shelby Valley!!!!!!
The students were given free tickets, yes. Very generous by whoever paid for it, whether it have been the school or a couple individuals. Great show of support from the community for the kids. :Thumbs:
From the looks of that pic, South Floyd deserved it.
I was told the principal paid for it. Since his nephew plays on the team, is that a conflict of interest? If it was the principal, i have it from a very reliable source that this is the case. Can anyone confirm?
Anybody have pictures of the team photo's yet they can post?
South Floyd had a ton of kids, but they weren't real loud and also did the same thing over and over.
I do agree with Pikeville should have won the student section award.
South Floyd did have an impressive student section. Not very loud though, Pike Centrla was louder. But give them credit because they had a great crowd for first round game.
Pikeville's was best overall but South Floyd first round crowd was bigger than Pikeville's first two nights.
As far as somebody buying the kids each a ticket for the finals, I don't care who it was, that is awesome. It is a great thing to do and great way to unite your students and make school fun for them as well. I tip my hat to Pikeville for that, way to reward the kids!
mrsportsfan Wrote:Anybody have pictures of the team photo's yet they can post?
Vs. Sheldon Clark

[Image: http://i54.tinypic.com/2zecfnr.jpg]

Vs. Betsy Layne

[Image: http://i53.tinypic.com/2afxz6v.jpg]

Vs. Shelby Valley

[Image: http://i52.tinypic.com/20954sz.jpg]
[Image: http://i56.tinypic.com/2vt1ggg.jpg]
[Image: http://i56.tinypic.com/mb4nlv.jpg]
Thanks for the pictures!! I really appreciate it!! Do you have any pictures of the Valley side??
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well you have to go with SF because pikeville did not have no chants and cheers they just made em up as they went along and then they were chants that did not cheer their team on they was aimimng their chants at insulting a player or the other teams . So you have to go with SF for cheering on their team.
Panther Thunder Wrote:The students were given free tickets, yes. Very generous by whoever paid for it, whether it have been the school or a couple individuals. Great show of support from the community for the kids. :Thumbs:
lol looks like he got his moneys worth and the students seen a great game. Just goes to show that the one with those most fans at the game doesn't win the trip. Just wonder if this person who bought your tickets has some for Rupp forsale. But I guess if the city takes over the center then you all getting in free every year is a lock. Man this center is going to be losing a lot of money.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:lol looks like he got his moneys worth and the students seen a great game. Just goes to show that the one with those most fans at the game doesn't win the trip. Just wonder if this person who bought your tickets has some for Rupp forsale. But I guess if the city takes over the center then you all getting in free every year is a lock. Man this center is going to be losing a lot of money:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I highly doubt that the Expo is going to pay for the city kids tickets every year, now that the city has taken over. It is a business that needs to be ran in a way that makes money not loses it. I don't know of another time this has happened, but even paying for tickets so that kids could be there to watch and cheer, didn't pay off. Wonder if you can deduct it on your taxes, whoever paid for it?
I also heard that this trophy was BIGGER than the Regional Championship Trophy. Is this true?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
:Thumbs:Thumbs up to whomever purchased the tickets for the students to attend. IMHO, there might have been a few out there that could not have attended if they were not given a ticket. Why must everyone always condem others for a good deed? Kudo's to both teams on a well played tournament but even bigger kudo's to those of you who look at this (the tickets) as an opportunity for those less fortunate than you!!!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote::Thumbs:Thumbs up to whomever purchased the tickets for the students to attend. IMHO, there might have been a few out there that could not have attended if they were not given a ticket. Why must everyone always condem others for a good deed? Kudo's to both teams on a well played tournament but even bigger kudo's to those of you who look at this (the tickets) as an opportunity for those less fortunate than you!!!

Agree 100% on this phs1986. Seems as though a person who is in the right cause will be criticized for doing the right thing every time. The good that came out of this is somebody's child (children) was treated to a good high school basketball game, who other wise may not have the opportunity.This just goes to show there's good people in ALL places.
phs1986 Wrote::Thumbs:Thumbs up to whomever purchased the tickets for the students to attend. IMHO, there might have been a few out there that could not have attended if they were not given a ticket. Why must everyone always condem others for a good deed? Kudo's to both teams on a well played tournament but even bigger kudo's to those of you who look at this (the tickets) as an opportunity for those less fortunate than you!!!

I'd be willing to bet that there were kids in the county that could not afford to go also. But this turkey thought it would have got them a trip to Rupp . But not, I wonder if he would give his Rupp tickets to some pour kid at Valley or buy tickets for the pour Valley kids loving to go. whomever they may be let them keep turning their noise up at the pour county kids.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there were kids in the county that could not afford to go also. But this turkey thought it would have got them a trip to Rupp . But not, I wonder if he would give his Rupp tickets to some pour kid at Valley or buy tickets for the pour Valley kids loving to go. whomever they may be let them keep turning their noise up at the pour county kids.
You have serious issues. No one is out to get anyone, calm down.
There is nothing wrong with the act. It was a very generous gesture. The only issue people have with it is that it was done by an individual from Pikeville. And thos ewho hate all things Pikeville will spin anything they can into something negative.

Agree with you on this one. Ridiculous that something that nice can be viewed as an evil by some.
PIKEcountyFAN Wrote:First off, let me say that I love how they give this trophy out. Really drives the kids. BUT does anyone agree with South Floyd getting it?

In my opinion, Pikeville should of gotten it by a long shot. SF had that 1 big turnout for just 1 game but PHS still had more in the Championship.

Whats everyone think??

South Floyd deserved the award. They cheered for their team. This is something that has been lost along the way. You cheer for the team, you don't taunt the fans in the stands.

I did attend all games and I would have chosen them.

Some of these schools were terribly rude and nothing was geared toward cheering their team on. It was all about being rude to the fans in the stands.

I saw more teaming cheer in the first round than any other round. And being rude does not qualify anyone for a sportmanship. I think sportsmanship and this best best pep section has been misconstrued.

Why not give an award for the rudest and maybe it will stop.
Parents have been buying tickets for the student section for years no big deal.
bluebloodedcatfan Wrote:I'd be willing to bet that there were kids in the county that could not afford to go also. But this turkey thought it would have got them a trip to Rupp . But not, I wonder if he would give his Rupp tickets to some pour kid at Valley or buy tickets for the pour Valley kids loving to go. whomever they may be let them keep turning their noise up at the pour county kids.

Mr. bluebloodedcatfan, glad to see that you bought tickets for your students to attend this tournament...OH, you didn't! Guess you just turned your nose up at the "pour" county kids. You need to look in the mirror or pray at your church if your envy of someone for helping children. BTW, you don't have to be a fan of that school to appreciate what this parent did for all of the students. Shame on you for being so shallow.
nope i did something could not go, i was grounded
mrsportsfan Wrote:I was told the principal paid for it. Since his nephew plays on the team, is that a conflict of interest? If it was the principal, i have it from a very reliable source that this is the case. Can anyone confirm?

If the Principal from South Floyd is in this reference I can bet my life on it that he didn't spend any money on this trophy or any other trophy unless they had it on sale over at Lowe's and I don't mean the sporting store. I saw the crowds at every game and they were all great, Kids having a good time for a week and coming together was fun to watch.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Thanks for the pictures!! I really appreciate it!! Do you have any pictures of the Valley side??

Best one I could find. Sorry.
Giving free tickets to all students at a school is a bad thing? :please: