Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 45 Knott 39
Ballers Wrote:My take on the game was there was some of the worst calls ever..
Whether it be KCC or PCC.. Beverly seemed like he got to the line whenever he wanted.. which was crap.. I loved the swat from Mikey on Beverly.. He literally sent it in stands...(literally went into the PCC pep section). It was nasty..

I won't say that PCC deserved the win, because I feel like KCC got cheated.. But I will say this much.. I do think PCC will go deeper in the tourney than KCC would have.. So IMO we are sending the best team to the dance..

Great season to KCC, keep your heads ups..
Good luck PCC at Rupp.

MVP2, you owe me 10 bux Smile

According to some, Perry has never won a game without cheating, good lord that is BOGUS. It get's old, year after year after year. Perry Central is a better team, they proved it last night.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:According to some, Perry has never won a game without cheating, good lord that is BOGUS. It get's old, year after year after year. Perry Central is a better team, they proved it last night.

Are you of PCC alum?
Do you have a dog in this fight?

Besides, I was trying to give them kudos in a non-favorable way.. But looks like some ppl just can't keep their mouth shut.
EKYHoops Wrote:And who actually even knows anything about that? for that matter, who would want to know anything about that, oh yeah, those that can't play Basketball! :Thumbs: Glad you are so proud of your "OTHER" TEAMS though, great school spirit, no matter if they are Orange then or Blue now, no one really cares but you! :Cheerlead

Didn't figure you would know or care. Just responding to the dynasty comments that come up and also concerning the speech team. Evidently you must know a little about that or you wouldn't have responded.
Perry was the better team and they deserve to go the Big Dance.
zaga_fan Wrote:That's because he drove to the basket and initiated contact.
He put himself in a position to go to the line and he was rewarded for it.
:Thumbs:
geauxtigers75 Wrote:According to some, Perry has never won a game without cheating, good lord that is BOGUS. It get's old, year after year after year. Perry Central is a better team, they proved it last night.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Perry was the better team and they deserve to go the Big Dance.

Crazy Horse Wrote:FINALY..........Hatcher has won himself a 14th region title. Braxton took his team on his back and carried PCC to Rupp, I got to say to do what Zavh Davis has done to come off a injury like he had says alot about the kid, he has more HEART then anyone in this region and showed why he is the best player in this region. He wasn't in shape and it showed late in the game cause all his shots was short. I thought PCC slow style trying to hold the ball almost lost them the game again but KCC missed all there shots late in the game. Dalton Cornetts block was the biggest play of the game, if he doesn't block that they make it and possibly an and 1.

Congrats PCC and give a good showing from the 14th at Rupp.

Congrats to Mickie Slone, you are one great player and showed this year without Davis what kind of player you really was, goodluck with your future

Great Post Crazy Horse:worthy:
What makes this victory even sweeter is that, it was won at Memorial Gym, enemy territory!
Ballers Wrote:Are you of PCC alum?
Do you have a dog in this fight?

Besides, I was trying to give them kudos in a non-favorable way.. But looks like some ppl just can't keep their mouth shut.

You specifically said.... "I'm not going to say they deserve it"
This is not Kudos Smile
Crazy Horse Wrote:FINALY..........Hatcher has won himself a 14th region title. Braxton took his team on his back and carried PCC to Rupp, I got to say to do what Zavh Davis has done to come off a injury like he had says alot about the kid, he has more HEART then anyone in this region and showed why he is the best player in this region. He wasn't in shape and it showed late in the game cause all his shots was short. I thought PCC slow style trying to hold the ball almost lost them the game again but KCC missed all there shots late in the game. Dalton Cornetts block was the biggest play of the game, if he doesn't block that they make it and possibly an and 1.

Congrats PCC and give a good showing from the 14th at Rupp.

Congrats to Mickie Slone, you are one great player and showed this year without Davis what kind of player you really was, goodluck with your future
Zach played great considering he just got released and didn't have much time to get in shape!
Congrats to pcc on great win..Knott Co, played really good to..Davis is a beast to come back from a injury to ahve a season like his.
Congrats Commodores!! I guess Aslan will be making a trip or several trips to Lexington next week!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
I would say one trip and possibly two will be enough to see the Commodores play.
It's an honor for any team just to be there, and if you can advance at all, then you can consider yourself very blessed.
Perry has a chance to win a game or two. They have to play their best though, and not let the spotlight of Rupp get to them.
Crazy Horse Wrote:FINALY..........Hatcher has won himself a 14th region title.

Yes he has finally gotten a 14th regional title to go with his other 10 regional titles he already has. Definitely one of the best coaches in Kentucky, people don't like his offense, but it's effective and he sticks with it! congrats to the Dores, go and get a couple big wins at Rupp. Hope to see you on Saturday morning. TongueirateSho
I would like to tap in on numerous different topics, so hold on tight...
First of all, I want to say, I love you zaga fan...you're totally right, HATERS GONNA HATE!!! To all the haters...don't hate the player, hate the game.
Secondly, it is very shameful that a previous RW Combs principal, no names to be mentioned, would have the nerve to stand HER big a** up and yell negative comments when Braxton Beverly (a previous student of this principal), is being presented the award for MVP of the 14th Regional Tournament. How old are you WOMAN??? Has this child offended you in some way?
Next, I just needed to ask "ballers" how Cordia done in the Regional tournament? And, what time do the Lions play at Rupp next week?? NUFF SAID! Smile
Furthermore, the "Braxton Beverly Fan Club" did NOT get anyone thrown out of the game...I believe the 22 YEAR OLD (who was seriously in the high school pep section,haha) that got thrown out just so happened to have made a vulgar gesture with his so called manhood, and decided to flip off a State Police. Just wanted to set that record straight for those of you who have been out crying about it. Truthfully, I thought it was a bit much to throw the kid, I mean man, out of the game, but not my call...sorry.
Finally, all I have heard and seen is how much "heart" KCC played with, and how the refs cheated and got paid off. I do commend them on a great effort, however, can we give a little credit to the great PCC boys who ALSO PLAYED WITH HEART, obviously. They wanted it just as bad as anyone else, and proved it by beating the best teams in the region, on the way to Rupp. Please, ADULTS, let's not go there with the refs. Give credit where credit is due, and wish your team luck next year.
bdub Wrote:I would like to tap in on numerous different topics, so hold on tight...
First of all, I want to say, I love you zaga fan...you're totally right, HATERS GONNA HATE!!! To all the haters...don't hate the player, hate the game.
Secondly, it is very shameful that a previous RW Combs principal, no names to be mentioned, would have the nerve to stand HER big a** up and yell negative comments when Braxton Beverly (a previous student of this principal), is being presented the award for MVP of the 14th Regional Tournament. How old are you WOMAN??? Has this child offended you in some way?
Next, I just needed to ask "ballers" how Cordia done in the Regional tournament? And, what time do the Lions play at Rupp next week?? NUFF SAID! Smile
Furthermore, the "Braxton Beverly Fan Club" did NOT get anyone thrown out of the game...I believe the 22 YEAR OLD (who was seriously in the high school pep section,haha) that got thrown out just so happened to have made a vulgar gesture with his so called manhood, and decided to flip off a State Police. Just wanted to set that record straight for those of you who have been out crying about it. Truthfully, I thought it was a bit much to throw the kid, I mean man, out of the game, but not my call...sorry.
Finally, all I have heard and seen is how much "heart" KCC played with, and how the refs cheated and got paid off. I do commend them on a great effort, however, can we give a little credit to the great PCC boys who ALSO PLAYED WITH HEART, obviously. They wanted it just as bad as anyone else, and proved it by beating the best teams in the region, on the way to Rupp. Please, ADULTS, let's not go there with the refs. Give credit where credit is due, and wish your team luck next year.

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
How many shots did Mikey Slone for KCC get off in the second half? Got to find ways to get your best player shots in the regional final or you will score 11 points in the second half and get beat. Congrats PCC
TheMasterpiece Wrote:How many shots did Mikey Slone for KCC get off in the second half? Got to find ways to get your best player shots in the regional final or you will score 11 points in the second half and get beat. Congrats PCC

Agreed.
kj52 Wrote:Zach played great considering he just got released and didn't have much time to get in shape!

what were zach's stats for the nite?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bdub Wrote:I would like to tap in on numerous different topics, so hold on tight...

Just wanted to clear this up before people run with it, he is not 22. He was a member of the Class of 2010 and graduated last year, 19 years old. Can't blame him for wanting to support his alma mater, it happens all the time. While if he did indeed make gestures, they are not condoned in any way, and it was his responsibility to show class.

But I'm sure he wasn't the only one to put up the ole' finger, PCC's pep section is just as guilty, not to mention that horribly immature gesture during the halftime shoot out. Show's true class right there. Plus, I can't believe PCC, of all schools, had signs calling another school rednecks. I mean, seriously?

Not trying to start an argument, just addressing the facts. So don't let this blow up. lol
PATS2011 Wrote:Just wanted to clear this up before people run with it, he is not 22. He was a member of the Class of 2010 and graduated last year, 19 years old. Can't blame him for wanting to support his alma mater, it happens all the time. While if he did indeed make gestures, they are not condoned in any way, and it was his responsibility to show class.

But I'm sure he wasn't the only one to put up the ole' finger, PCC's pep section is just as guilty, not to mention that horribly immature gesture during the halftime shoot out. Show's true class right there. Plus, I can't believe PCC, of all schools, had signs calling another school rednecks. I mean, seriously?

Not trying to start an argument, just addressing the facts. So don't let this blow up. lol

Seriously? Knott Co has to be the most uncivilized place I've ever been too.
Aslan Wrote:Seriously? Knott Co has to be the most uncivilized place I've ever been too.

After everything that has happened at PCC just in the last 6 months, do you honestly think you have an argument?

Now let's steer this back to the game before Pandora's box is opened.

Congrats Commodores and good luck at Rupp. Win or lose, just represent the 14th with class.
PATS2011 Wrote:After everything that has happened at PCC just in the last 6 months, do you honestly think you have an argument? I won't list the events out of sheer class and respect for those involved, but I'm pretty sure everyone knows about most of them.

Now let's steer this back to the game before Pandora's box is opened.

Congrats Commodores and good luck at Rupp. Win or lose, just represent the 14th with class.

:worthy: Someone has deleted the best part of this post.
OrangenowBlue Wrote::worthy: Someone has deleted the best part of this post.

I did, out of class. It's not worth it and not the place. Like I said, everyone knows for the most part. Well, except that bomb threat last week, which cleverly avoided the news. I'll throw that one out there.
PATS2011 Wrote:I did, out of class. It's not worth it and not the place. Like I said, everyone knows for the most part. Well, except that bomb threat last week, which cleverly avoided the news. I'll throw that one out there.

You did the right thing although it was a good and truthful post.
Well, I mean Knott County isn't as "pure" as what you all are going on like. They deal with the same mess as everyone else. As for as the bath salt(drug problem) deal goes, it's not like local pharmacies in Knott County, don't get broken into on the regular or anything.
Aslan Wrote:Well, I mean Knott County isn't as "pure" as what you all are going on like. They deal with the same mess as everyone else. As for as the bath salt(drug problem) deal goes, it's not like local pharmacies in Knott County, don't get broken into on the regular or anything.

You are right, but this problem isn't isolated into any one county.

Everywhere in East Ky has its problems, as well as every place in the whole world, but am proud to say that problem is NOT severe or even significant in our school, not to mention our lack of headline making scandals (not being rude, just stating the truth). I'm just gonna say we end this here, I don't want this to take away from this thread and Perry's earned win.

Good luck Dores.
Just so you know the ACT "scandal" was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no cheating had taken place. And like I said KCC has had their share of "Troublesome behavior" as well.
Aslan Wrote:Just so you know the ACT "scandal" was thoroughly investigated and it was found that no cheating had taken place. And like I said KCC has had their share of "Troublesome behavior" as well.

You're kidding, right? The news contradicts that...

I have said all I want on the subject, PM if you still want to chat. I don't want this thread to be ruined.

Regardless of everything, you won the title, and I congratulate you.

Good luck at Rupp!
Congratulations Dores. Great Victory!! Time to prove to everyone what you're really made of!