Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Shelby Valley 3/8 (15th Region Championship)
Can't really make a prediction. Heart says SV but head says Pikeville. Interesting fact. Shelby Valley has played in 9 of the last 10 Region Championship games!
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Can't really make a prediction. Heart says SV but head says Pikeville. Interesting fact. Shelby Valley has played in 9 of the last 10 Region Championship games!

That is crazy. The only year I can think that they didnt make it that far is the Paintsville championship year.... 08 I believe
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Really I think they should play the 15th regional championship game at one of the teams that lose in the first round of district as for say like ER this year. So this way they will be no home court advantage, no fair Pikeville gets to play in Pikeville in the region every year if they win in the first round of the district.

Hmm. lets see now. When the Expo board of directors first conceived this center, they probably thought we can build it at lick creek, or we can build it at robinson creek, or over at belfry. But no, we can build it at
Pikeville where the Co. seat is located, and its where the center of commerce is located, but most of all , it will give P.H.S. an unfair advantage when tournament time rolls around. After all the board was made up from different people from different parts of the area and not just people from the Pikeville area. Now what you stated REALLY makes a lot of sense, now doesn't it?
Big Five-0- Wrote:Hmm. lets see now. When the Expo board of directors first conceived this center, they probably thought we can build it at lick creek, or we can build it at robinson creek, or over at belfry. But no, we can build it at
Pikeville where the Co. seat is located, and its where the center of commerce is located, but most of all , it will give P.H.S. an unfair advantage when tournament time rolls around. After all the board was made up from different people from different parts of the area and not just people from the Pikeville area. Now what you stated REALLY makes a lot of sense, now doesn't it?
Bravo!
love seeing this valley team back in the finals. i know i said they were terrible, but this is amazing. nobody expected this team to do anything this year and now they have a shot to win yet another regional championship. say what you want about the 15th, but if valley wins it will be amazing. i'm not sure if they can or not, but i'll be rooting for em.
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Really I think they should play the 15th regional championship game at one of the teams that lose in the first round of district as for say like ER this year. So this way they will be no home court advantage, no fair Pikeville gets to play in Pikeville in the region every year if they win in the first round of the district.

:please:
There is not a high school gym in this region that could hold the crowds that have been at the expo for the tournament.
Bottom line this is the best NEUTRAL site for the tournament. Just because it is located in Pikeville doesnt mean Pikeville High has an advantage.
Not to mention several other schools have had larger crowds than Pikeville High at the tournament.
Just so you know i am not a Pikeville fan.
Without a doubt, and I have been 27-3 in the Regional Tournaments this year, Shelby Valley will win this one, 55-49. Valley goes to state, but this time they do not whip up on everyone like they did last year.
This will be the fourth meeting of the two teams this season, Pikeville has won the last three. Valley is on a roll, and it will continue. Will be the third year in a row Shelby Valley has won the 15th region title if they can pull it off.

Shelby Valley 54
Pikeville 51

That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. :ChairHit:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Bravo!

Double Bravo !!!
Yeah, that's probably the stupidest idea I've ever heard. If you're going to do that start the rotation between school like before the Expo hosted the tournament.
Will have to go with SV.
Almost gametime!! I am getting so excited for these young Valley kids!! 4 seniors that may not get the credit they deserve and a bunch of young talented kids that play their hearts out every game regardless of the talent differential. I am hoping that Valley can pull this out and turn up that defense for one more night to make yet another amazing memory for this school!!
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
Agreed, Pikeville has no special advantage playing in the Expo. It is not the home court for any local high school team, so everyone has to make the same adjustments. And SV is close enough that if their fans want to come down to support their team, they can do it.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Almost gametime!! I am getting so excited for these young Valley kids!! 4 seniors that may not get the credit they deserve and a bunch of young talented kids that play their hearts out every game regardless of the talent differential. I am hoping that Valley can pull this out and turn up that defense for one more night to make yet another amazing memory for this school!!

I've been an ER guy for the past 4 years, but I was for Valley throughout last postseason and I am now. Those young men have had to sit and wait for their turn until this season and now they are proving what they can do.
This game is playing towards Valley with a loose whistle right now. I believe in them!!!
[SIZE="4"]
Valley up by 11 with about 2:00 minutes to go!!!
[SIZE="4"]
Valley up 8 with 1:30 to go. Man if they can not hit their foul shots it is going to be close!!!
[SIZE="4"]
Valley up 7 with 1 minute to go.
[SIZE="4"]
Valley up by 5 with 30 seconds to go!!!! Oh my goodness!
[SIZE="4"]