Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville vs. Shelby Valley 3/8 (15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts? Pikeville won all three matchups during the season by 4, 4, and 6 points.
Valley has grown up this season and if the play to their ablity they win, Should be a hugh match up between two Rivals.

what time do they play?
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Valley has grown up this season and if the play to their ablity they win, Should be a hugh match up between two Rivals.

what time do they play?

I think 7:00
At this point, how can anyone doubt SV? I say last year's Sweet 16 favorite has become this year's Cinderella. Let's just hope the Coach don't turn into a pumpkin before midnight - and if that Coach is Newsome, it's not gonna!

Go Wildcats!:worthy:
Even without Justice and Hatfield, Valley goes back to Rupp.

SV-47
Pikeville-45
lol, I've been at work for the last week and haven't seen any of the 15th Region coverage, I can't believe these two teams made it to the championship. I hate Pikeville and SV more than any other team because they're our biggest rivals, but it makes the 59th look great.

My school (ER) beat Valley two times this year, but couldn't beat them when it mattered most in the first round of the 59th and that sucks, but Pikeville is the Loserville of high school basketball to me...I never, ever want to see them win, and luckily, this will be their last winning year for a while. Therefore, I'm taking Valley.

Valley 57
Pikeville 54

Never thought I'd say this, and I feel like I should slap myself for it....but, Let's go Valley!

EDIT: Oh yeah, can someone post the teams both schools have beaten in the region tourney to get here? I am really busy, I don't have time to go back through the forum. It'd be really appreciated.
The fact that SV is in the regional finals is a huge accomplishment! Thank goodness they play these games on the floor and not on paper. I am not a fan of either school and would not have picked this championship. Congrats to both teams, and this is just a small reminder that sometimes confidence and heart outweigh all other factors on the court.
We're Back!
Why not?

Panthers by 7!
WOW once again PHS and SVHS . 59th district owns the civic center and the 15th region tourny. Now let the crying begin. About these two schools having an advantage playing at this 59th district civic center.
I am going to take Valley by 3.
Unlike you, I Will yell for any 15th region team that goes to state.
pikeville by 20.
Valley by 5.
wow definatly didnt expect this match up in the finals!! but imma have to go with;
Shelby Valley 52
Pikeville 49
Who would've ever guessed on a rematch of the 2007 regional title game between Pikeville and Shelby Valley? Almost the same situation as well: the favored team had already beaten the underdog twice in the regular season and once in the district finals, then met once more for the big prize.

The big difference is that unlike in 2007 when Valley was the favorite, now they are the heavy underdog to the Panthers. In 2007, SV was able to beat Pikeville for the fourth straight time in a tremendous game to win the trip to Rupp. Will Pikeville make it 4 in a row this year too, or will Valley break through and win the one that matters the most?

I honestly don't know what to predict in this one. My head still says Pikeville has more offensive weapons and should be the clear favorite. But I never thought SV would beat Johnson Central or Pike Central either, yet they pulled it off somehow. This team just has the heart of a champion, and a great coaching staff to boot. Win or lose tomorrow, I am very proud of them for making this improbable run to the title game.

Good luck to both teams, but especially... GO VALLEY!!! :rockon:
Real Badman Wrote:We're Back!

Superloser!
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I've been at work for the last week and haven't seen any of the 15th Region coverage, I can't believe these two teams made it to the championship. I hate Pikeville and SV more than any other team because they're our biggest rivals, but it makes the 59th look great.

My school (ER) beat Valley two times this year, but couldn't beat them when it mattered most in the first round of the 59th and that sucks, but Pikeville is the Loserville of high school basketball to me...I never, ever want to see them win, and luckily, this will be their last winning year for a while. Therefore, I'm taking Valley.

Valley 57
Pikeville 54

Never thought I'd say this, and I feel like I should slap myself for it....but, Let's go Valley!

EDIT: Oh yeah, can someone post the teams both schools have beaten in the region tourney to get here? I am really busy, I don't have time to go back through the forum. It'd be really appreciated.

Shelby Valley beat Johnson Central 50-49 and tonight Pike Central 58-53
Pikeville beat Sheldon Clark 66-50 and tonight Betsy Layne 45-44
More Cowbell Wrote:Who would've ever guessed on a rematch of the 2007 regional title game between Pikeville and Shelby Valley? Almost the same situation as well: the favored team had already beaten the underdog twice in the regular season and once in the district finals, then met once more for the big prize.

The big difference is that unlike in 2007 when Valley was the favorite, now they are the heavy underdog to the Panthers. In 2007, SV was able to beat Pikeville for the fourth straight time in a tremendous game to win the trip to Rupp. Will Pikeville make it 4 in a row this year too, or will Valley break through and win the one that matters the most?

I honestly don't know what to predict in this one. My head still says Pikeville has more offensive weapons and should be the clear favorite. But I never thought SV would beat Johnson Central or Pike Central either, yet they pulled it off somehow. This team just has the heart of a champion, and a great coaching staff to boot. Win or lose tomorrow, I am very proud of them for making this improbable run to the title game.

Good luck to both teams, but especially... GO VALLEY!!! :rockon:

Took the words right of my mouth. I have no clue how this one will end up.
I think I have to go with Pikeville for the forth time by oh I dont know....4-6 . These matchups have been incredibly close and could have gone either way but I think that the magic runs out for Valley just short of another trip to Rupp! I will say that the defensive struggle keeps them close but the Panthers pulls it out 49-45. Come on Valley I believe in you boys!!!
wow really didnt think Valley would make it back to the championship game thank God Valley has Coach Newsome (who really done all the coaching the past few years) now because if Booher was still coaching you best believe Valley wouldn't have made it this far. Anyways I'm not going to make a prediction but I will be in attendance. Congrats to Coach Newsome for his hard work this season. Either way I think the winner will get murdered in the first round of the sweet 16.
On the other this to me is really a home game for Pikeville so im going to say it will be very difficult for Valley to beat Pikeville in Pikeville.
Really I think they should play the 15th regional championship game at one of the teams that lose in the first round of district as for say like ER this year. So this way they will be no home court advantage, no fair Pikeville gets to play in Pikeville in the region every year if they win in the first round of the district.
I'm still shocked that the team with the 11th best record (SV 12-17) in the 15th is in the championship game but I guess thats y they play the game, the Champs are still the Champs untill someone steps up and knocks them off their throne. And Pikeville got destroyed by Ashland Blazer and Perry Central so like I said sadly either way neither of these teams have a chance at state this year.
^ Couldn't you fit that all in one post instead of making 4?

Anyways, on topic.

Pikeville should take this.

Pikeville - 62

Shelby Valley - 53
Let's go Valley! Valley in a close one.
Pikeville. With who was left after the Johnson Co teams were out of it , I had to hope for Pikeville to take the crown.
Tough one to call... but I'll take Pikeville by 10.
I have said all season long that this would be one of the best, if not the craziest, 15th Region Touneys in a long time. It has lived up to that!

Tonights game shouldn't be any different. Pikeville has won all 3 this season by 4, 4 & 6. Coach Newsome has these boys believing and I look for this to be another close one that could go either way! So I'm not picking anyone. I'll just listen and root for whoever wins when they get to Rupp!
Well i think the slipper fits now. Shelby Valley by 2 in one heck of a game. The champs just will not give up the trophy.
Pages: 1 2