Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 45 Betsy Layne 44 (15th Region Semi Finals)
Have checked on this game and it was without the worst called game for both teams that i have ever seen in the Regional. until the intentional fouls there were only 10 fouls called. There was a at last count a minumium of 25 on each team. The way they let both teams play defense has nothing to do with basketball skills. As far as the complaint a moment ago, the officials gave BL 3 great chances the last 27 seconds to win. and right before that they had given Pikevlle great chances to put the game out of reach. I doubt that I will make the trip to see the final as I am sure the game is not for the young people but for the officials. Very sad to see!!!! The 15th really need to apprectiate the officials they have....IF one has no understanding of the game they need not be there trying to be an official. I have watched regionals since 1959. I do know when it is bad or not and this was the worst, other than the times way back when some were paid to help with the outcome. The last qt. of last nights game was one rape after another. Thanks goodness I will not have to watch that tonight. Sorry for the kids on both teams as they played their hearts out. Only one team can win and this time it was Pike. BL had a great year. ALso watching from a coachin point of view this was one of those game that both coaches really did a great job. Pikeville was really prepared.... Oh well I guess the KHSAA is coping themselves from the great and powerful NCAA. Both way too much power................................
Congrats Pikeville boys you played great, dont overlook SV tonight.
No complaints about how the game was called. I hate Pikeville just as much today as I did yesterday before the game started.
Tellme2 Wrote:I hope the Officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. you guys done a great job in helping Pikeville get there, Congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on Casey at the end, and double technical on Dylan for getting shoved, a Charge on Nathan in the first quarter, Awesome job Pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.

Sour grapes. Sour grapes.TongueirateSho
Tellme2 Wrote:I hope the Officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. you guys done a great job in helping Pikeville get there, Congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on Casey at the end, and double technical on Dylan for getting shoved, a Charge on Nathan in the first quarter, Awesome job Pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.

Never, ever blame the officials for a game. Regardless of whether or not they made the right calls.

Anyway, congratulations to Betsy Layne on a great season and congrats to Pikeville on an impressive win.
Can't wait till the next re-match.
Did not expect this result at all. I think that Betsy Layne must have been feeling the pressure. If these teams were to play ten times I think that Betsy Layne would win 6 times but hey that is the greatest thing about post season tourneys. I think that Pikeville played one heck of a game and placed theirselves in an amazing situation. Pikeville has been working so hard this year and it is paying off. Good luck to the Panthers!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Did not expect this result at all. I think that Betsy Layne must have been feeling the pressure. If these teams were to play ten times I think that Betsy Layne would win 6 times but hey that is the greatest thing about post season tourneys. I think that Pikeville played one heck of a game and placed theirselves in an amazing situation. Pikeville has been working so hard this year and it is paying off. Good luck to the Panthers!!

Great post :Thumbs: I agree completely.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Did not expect this result at all. I think that Betsy Layne must have been feeling the pressure. If these teams were to play ten times I think that Betsy Layne would win 6 times but hey that is the greatest thing about post season tourneys. I think that Pikeville played one heck of a game and placed theirselves in an amazing situation. Pikeville has been working so hard this year and it is paying off. Good luck to the Panthers!!

Thanks!:Thumbs:
the cheap shots i was talking about happened after the game one pikeville player hitting two bl starters in the mid section with nothing being done, someone needs adjusted just saying.
eastside207 Wrote:the cheap shots i was talking about happened after the game one pikeville player hitting two bl starters in the mid section with nothing being done, someone needs adjusted just saying.

I was watching the game and when the players lined up after the game to shake hands, no. 35 elbowed the Pikeville player in the side...then the Pikeville player hit the BL player in the shoulder. A coach of BL got his arm around the Pikeville player and was talking to him. If anyone else saw this mishap, please state what you saw. I did not see two BL players being stuck by this Pikeville player, just the one.