Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 45 Betsy Layne 44 (15th Region Semi Finals)
Final from the 2nd semifinal game of the 15th Region Tournament.
what a game and congrats pikeville
Congrat Pikeville, I knew the 15th was wide open but didnt except Pikeville vs Shelby Valley in this championship game.
Wow, sounds like a good one. Congrats Pikeville, good season BL.
Listened to the 4th quarter, sounds like it came down to who choked the least. Can somebody fill us in on the last play, why did BL settle for the three instead of going to the hoop?
upset...
i had not watch pikeville or besty layne play until first round action last thursday, i knew pikeville would give a good game but had no idea that this would be the outcome!, congrats pikeville, and congrats betsy layne on a good season.
Wasn't expecting this one. But not totally shocked either. Congrats Pikeville. And congrats BL on a very good season.
I was fully expecting the All A Champs to win this one but I guess that is what you get for assuming!

Congrats Panthers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
What a thriller of a game!! Congrats to my Panthers on the win. Betsy Lane, you've had a whale of a season, congrats.
congrats to Pikeville, the way SV is playing, i am taking them in the upset
I'll give some thoughts later, but for now ON, ON MAROON AND WHITE!

Great job Panthers!! Proud of all of you guys!
Recznik Wrote:BL by 15....ssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!let the giant rest....:zzz:

Westside Wrote:[quote=Tellme2]

The Bobcats in a cake walk.
[Image: http://i53.tinypic.com/11265hc.jpg]
Congrats Pikeville!!! Coach Williams should have won the region in 05-06 but for what ever reason in didnt work out and certain players never played in the regular season that year I remember watching them in summer league and thinking that they were really talented, 1 of the preseason top players in the Region in 05-06 (Michael Bartley) never played in the regular season also transfer Issac Sanders (RIP) never played and Weston Robinson never played. With Chip Davis and Tim Honaker, Devin Adams and Daniel Harmon, I'll never forget watching these players play together in the summer league and thinking theres no way that Pikeville should loose the region this year but for whatever reason they all didnt play together in the regular season. One parent told me some of these players quit because they said that Coach Williams was trying to run a strict church not a basketball team but I dont know.
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Congrats Pikeville!!! Coach Williams should have won the region in 05-06 but for what ever reason in didnt work out and certain players never played in the regular season that year I remember watching them in summer league and thinking that they were really talented, 1 of the preseason top players in the Region in 05-06 (Michael Bartley) never played in the regular season also transfer Issac Sanders (RIP) never played and Weston Robinson never played. With Chip Davis and Tim Honaker, Devin Adams and Daniel Harmon, I'll never forget watching these players play together in the summer league and thinking theres no way that Pikeville should loose the region this year but for whatever reason they all didnt play together in the regular season. One parent told me some of these players quit because they said that Coach Williams was trying to run a strict church not a basketball team but I dont know.

But the important thing is,WE WON TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Congrats Pikeville!!! Coach Williams should have won the region in 05-06 but for what ever reason in didnt work out and certain players never played in the regular season that year I remember watching them in summer league and thinking that they were really talented, 1 of the preseason top players in the Region in 05-06 (Michael Bartley) never played in the regular season also transfer Issac Sanders (RIP) never played and Weston Robinson never played. With Chip Davis and Tim Honaker, Devin Adams and Daniel Harmon, I'll never forget watching these players play together in the summer league and thinking theres no way that Pikeville should loose the region this year but for whatever reason they all didnt play together in the regular season. One parent told me some of these players quit because they said that Coach Williams was trying to run a strict church not a basketball team but I dont know.
On a scale of 1-10, That is the most RANDOM STORY EVER.
Way to go Bobcats, It is what it is. You all are still Floyd Co heroes. All A State Champs! Love you guys.
Congrats to Pikeville! These two had already played a couple low scoring games this year, and for the 3rd game in a row, neither team broke 50 points. Although it sounds like it may have been an ugly game, at this point in the season any win is a beautiful thing!

Also would like to offer congrats to Betsy Layne on a great season that included winning the All-A tournament.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
congrats pikeville.saw some cheap shots after the game from a pikeville player can any one tell me what that was all about?
I hope the Officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. you guys done a great job in helping Pikeville get there, Congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on Casey at the end, and double technical on Dylan for getting shoved, a Charge on Nathan in the first quarter, Awesome job Pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.
tellme2 Wrote:i hope the officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. You guys done a great job in helping pikeville get there, congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on casey at the end, and double technical on dylan for getting shoved, a charge on nathan in the first quarter, awesome job pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.

lol!
Tellme2 Wrote:I hope the Officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. you guys done a great job in helping Pikeville get there, Congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on Casey at the end, and double technical on Dylan for getting shoved, a Charge on Nathan in the first quarter, Awesome job Pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.
Blame it on the refs. Typical. Pikeville has no business walking on the same court with Betsy Layne. I'm shocked we kept it within 60. I'm sure if the officials do get on here and check out your superior intellectual insights, they will be devastated. Devastated that someone that said, "you done a great job" or "the officials of this game gets" disapproves of the equally average job they did. Way to take the high road. I assume we paid them, correct?
Tellme2 Wrote:I hope the Officials of this game gets on here and reads these post. you guys done a great job in helping Pikeville get there, Congrats. Watch the replay. I love how you gave us a 2 untill the others questioned and then it was a 3, no foul on Casey at the end, and double technical on Dylan for getting shoved, a Charge on Nathan in the first quarter, Awesome job Pikeville. Great job you deserved it. Love the attidudes.

I didn't see the game, but you have to let the refs go on it. Your post game complaining will not change how these guys call a game or even change the out come of the game. If you feel the refs cheated then you need to rise above it and not use it as an excuse. What really happen was the other team scored more.

Congrats to both teams and to BL for the great season they had this year.
I DO NOT think that the refs determined the outcome of this game but I have to say that I think 90% of them are absolutely horrible in this area. Just my opinion....
betsy layne didn't play ball in the third quarter and pikeville did. I think 3rd quarter was 17 to 4 pikeville. That was the turning point in the game. Congrats to betsy layne on great season. Congrats to pikeville on the win.
Wow......wooow......WOW!!!!

Man I missed this one. Guess I'm not the only one. Congrats to Coach Williams and the Panthers! Better be ready for tonight though. Coach Newsome has those boys believing!!!! Good Luck!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
After the Johnson Co. teams were out of it, I have to hope for Pikeville to take the crown.
^They have a Johnson Co. Boy Coaching them and SV has a former Tiger playing for them! Kinda torn between the two...LOL!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Congrats to the Panthers.
Congrats to Pikeville. Great season Betsy Layne. You are still the All A State Champs. Great season & good luck in the future. Those of you blaming this on the refs are blind in one eye because the calls went both ways. Betsy Layne had a chance to win at the end & the shot was not a three he was well inside the line and missed the open jumper. Wished it would have fell for Nathan as i know him personally & he is a great kid. Good luck to those seniors who will be playing at the next level next year, and to those who will not you had great careers good luck on whatever you do. Keep your heads high.