Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 114 Piarist 51
"piratefaithful" Wrote:Thats my point, you don't play a team like Piarist like you do every game, starters shouldn't have even seen any action. Paintsville could have made the score alot more respectable, when you beat a team by 60+ you loose everyone's respect...

Well if they lost everone's respect even with their bench players getting double figures then some people need to get a life. Paintsville's starters played 16 minutes, they do have a game tonight, what was Runyon suppose to do, not play them so they could be rusty tonight against Allen Central. Paintsville's leading scorer was J.D VanHoose with 20 points, and still everyone wants to say BMR left his starters in so they could score alot of points, that's BS.

Let's not talk about what EVERY team and coach did in the 2003-04 season when Paintsville won like 4 games after losing a great Senior class the year before and one of two returnee's to injury. Every team ran the score up on Pville that year just because it was Paintsville, it was the freatest thing in the world to beat up on a team with 3 eighth graders, a freshman and a senior. Did anyone say anything about those coaches, players or fans, HELL NO, some of you people (not referring to you pirate) need a reality check if you don't think ANY high school athlete woulda played the same way as Paintsville did lastnight.
Great post PC!
as a coach you would never tell one of your players not to play hard regardless if they were a starter or the 15th man. furthermore, Paintsville did not schedule Piarist school as did Shelby Valley vs. David school on Dec. 2nd 102-17 and again Jan.11th 91-6.years back when Magoffin Co. began their football team they played a j.v. schedule for a few years until they felt competitive for district & regional play.in my opinion Piarist school & David school need to try to build their program up before trying to compete at this level.if you look up & down their schedule they are getting beat like that every night so in fairness to their kids they may need to consider letting their kids get experience at a different level.my point, is Paintsville being held to a higher standard than the rest in the 15th region.
Shelby Valley 102-17 and 91-6
East Ridge 96-12 and 71-22
Phelps 86-27
Betsy Layne 75-25
Prestonsburg 73-15
Allen Central 87-34
Pikeville 81-27

Do those scores look familiar?????????? That's what those teams did to the David School. I didn't hear anybody talk about classless teams then. But if Paintsville wins by big margin, with their starters on the bench for half the game, then it is classless. At least I know what the score is when it's Paintsville vs the rest of the region.
"sportwhiz" Wrote:Shelby Valley 102-17 and 91-6
East Ridge 96-12 and 71-22
Phelps 86-27
Betsy Layne 75-25
Prestonsburg 73-15
Allen Central 87-34
Pikeville 81-27

Do those scores look familiar?????????? That's what those teams did to the David School. I didn't hear anybody talk about classless teams then. But if Paintsville wins by big margin, with their starters on the bench for half the game, then it is classless. At least I know what the score is when it's Paintsville vs the rest of the region.

Here is sample of a response to the Shelby Valley vs. David School thread

"
Quote:
[b]Re: Shelby Valley 91 - David School 6

<HR style="COLOR: #e1e4f2" SIZE=1>

That is pathetic. Sounds to me like Shelby Valley's coach has zero class. Why do you have to beat someone that badly? Why embarass a bunch of kids like that?"

[/b]
uhhh..just read the thread on the Shelby Valley vs. David School thread....you'll see a lot of the same stuff!
Slone didn't score 61.. There were 8 people in double digits for paintsville, I think is what they said.. and everyone played.
congrats
&quot;Eagle Eye&quot; Wrote:Here is sample of a response to the Shelby Valley vs. David School thread

"

uhhh..just read the thread on the Shelby Valley vs. David School thread....you'll see a lot of the same stuff!

Maybe so, but why didn't Booher play his JV the second time around KNOWING that SV would beat them like a drum. :boo:
&quot;Bandit&quot; Wrote:Wow Landon With 61 Maybe If They Face David He Would Could Score 100??? Why Risk Getting Him Hurt??? Stupid Move By Coach Runyon. I Would Have Played Guys Who Dont Get Much Minutes.

Yeah, and if you were very smart, you would find out that some of these posts were dead wrong befor you show your ignorance!Confusedleep:
&quot;IDONTEVENKNOW&quot; Wrote:No Class in that win at all. Um strategie : Lets see how many points we can get landon tonight, hey lets run the score as high as possible. that was a stupid move on the part of the coaching staff and looks bad on the school. Hey paintsville looking forward to the next meeting maybe you will score 115!!!! No Class.

:insane: being surrounded by all this stupidity!
guys landon slone did not have 61 points....they must b crazy whoever said that...lol i mean seirously i watched the whole game...and paintsville needs a lesson of showing off class...i hope South Floyd does them the way that they did piarist...Horrible show of class...
&quot;showstopper4&quot; Wrote:guys landon slone did not have 61 points....they must b crazy whoever said that...lol i mean seirously i watched the whole game...and paintsville needs a lesson of showing off class...i hope South Floyd does them the way that they did piarist...Horrible show of class...

I believe we have heard enough about Paintsville not having any class, here it is 3 days later and still people bringing it up, get a life people, don't you have anything better to do then bash Paintsville and it's coaches, players and fans.
&quot;PC_U_KNOW_98&quot; Wrote:I believe we have heard enough about Paintsville not having any class, here it is 3 days later and still people bringing it up, get a life people, don't you have anything better to do then bash Paintsville and it's coaches, players and fans.
not really
&quot;basketballstar&quot; Wrote:BMR has no class what so ever.
i agree was playing golf couple years ago BMR hit a ball in my fairway i was getting ready to hit mine he said i am playing threw as i was addressing the ball i said i am getting ready to hit he comes with dont you know who i am yea i know you and dont give a f--- either get out of the way or take a chance of getting hit what a jerk true story
&quot;The Fan&quot; Wrote:i agree was playing golf couple years ago BMR hit a ball in my fairway i was getting ready to hit mine he said i am playing threw as i was addressing the ball i said i am getting ready to hit he comes with dont you know who i am yea i know you and dont give a f--- either get out of the way or take a chance of getting hit what a jerk true story

If your gonna tell a lie, tell a good one buddy. Some posters on here know the man, and wont put up with idiotic posts like that. Bill Mike is a good man, and its ridiculous how you all make these crazy posts about him and his players. Like people getting on here lying saying that landon scored 61 points. What was the purpose of that? Make the kid look bad, when he didnt even come close to scoring that much, nor did any of his teammates. Its sickening how immature some of you posters are when you get on here and make up these stupid stories on people that you dont even really know. A prime example of that is the post made by "the fan".
superman personal attacts against member will not be allowed to continue.
express you opinion in a different manner or you may be suspended.
Thanks Doc
&quot;Doc Holliday&quot; Wrote:superman personal attacts against member will not be allowed to continue.
express you opinion in a different manner or you may be suspended.
Thanks Doc
Doc, I agree that there shouldn't be personal attacks, but I think Superman and a few of us are trying to defend personal attacks on friends, family, and others that are close to us. A lot of people have attacked BMR and Landon Slone. For God's sake, Landon is just sophomore trying to play basketball the way it's supposed to be played, with a passion. People try to ridicule him and embarrass him. The idiots, yes, idiots, that said he scored 61 points and then said, "Landon, you're my hero," should be having a talking to.

I'm not even going to go to the game tonight because of all the [email=$%^#$@%]$%^#$@%[/email] that's going to be going on. That's a shame, but I'm not going to get in the middle of it.
i jus got one question then? How many points did Slone actually have?
19 points.
the attacks on Landon Slone is ridiculous he is a KID playing a game that he loves the attacks on kids on here turn my stomach and tell me how many people on here that rips Landon Slone has actually even talk to the kid.they rip him cause he can play a game quite well nothing else it is simply pure jealously and btw i definatly not a Paintsville or BMR fan just dont like seeing kids treated this way
&quot;Superman&quot; Wrote:If your gonna tell a lie, tell a good one buddy. Some posters on here know the man, and wont put up with idiotic posts like that. Bill Mike is a good man, and its ridiculous how you all make these crazy posts about him and his players. Like people getting on here lying saying that landon scored 61 points. What was the purpose of that? Make the kid look bad, when he didnt even come close to scoring that much, nor did any of his teammates. Its sickening how immature some of you posters are when you get on here and make up these stupid stories on people that you dont even really know. A prime example of that is the post made by "the fan".
i could care less what you think or will put up with it happened and i got 3 people that was with me that witnessed it no big deal he might be a good man never heard anything about him or his players getting in trouble alot of his players get free educations from playing ball but dont be calling people idiots unless you know for sure what you are talking about i dont hate the man actually a little envios but he sure done it maybe he was having a bad day i just thought he acted like a jerk that day
I agree the attacks on Landon should stop, and im sure attacks on a web site dont even phase BMR, im sure he doesnt even feel the need to get on BGR. Nor does he even know what BGR is. lol. Landon is a good ball player and he was just doing what his coach told him to do......play ball. Ive known landon for a long time and he has always been a good guy. So for all you guys bashing Landon on here for scoring points, just grow up, thats all i can say.
&quot;Boondock Saint&quot; Wrote:I agree the attacks on Landon should stop, and im sure attacks on a web site dont even phase BMR, im sure he doesnt even feel the need to get on BGR. Nor does he even know what BGR is. lol. Landon is a good ball player and he was just doing what his coach told him to do......play ball. Ive known landon for a long time and he has always been a good guy. So for all you guys bashing Landon on here for scoring points, just grow up, thats all i can say.
well said i have to agree BMR probably could cares less
Well yeah no, when ppl sits here before the season and says Landon slone is going to be the best player in the region and thats all i read on here was about him. So obviously When the So called number 1 player in the region plays ppl wants to know how he did.