Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 42 Buckhorn 30 (54th District)
bdub Wrote:Yeah he is a holdback, as most talented players are these days. And yeah he sure is talented. I have never seen a kid his age/grade take over a game like that, especially a game of that magnitude. I am totally impressed, as he has definitely put himself right there in the mix with the best players in the region, after tonight's performance. Even better that I hear he is as great a kid/student off the floor as he is on.

I saw him play a couple of tomes this year and I agree. He is a good player now and is going to be a great player on down the road if he keeps working hard. As far as the redshirting, I don't blame any kid or their parents for doing that. We've done it at our school. If it's okay with the kid and his parents then it's not wrong. An extra year of muturity before graduation doesn't hurt anyone. I think kids start school too soon in the first place.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Congrats 'Dores on the big win! Also, congrats are in order to Buckhorn for a great season!

I think this game is a prime example of why each district should seed. In my opinion, Perry and Buckhorn are the two best teams not only in Region, but in the Mountains as well. It should be Perry and Buckhorn going to Region.

The players showed alot of class out there tonight. Beverly really impressed me tonight. He plays outstanding in the big games and doesn't play like a 7th-grader should. He don't make mistakes much. Braxton is going to be one heck of a player when he starts High School and will get to play at D-1 Level.

Hazard beat Buckhorn on a neutral court this year and Buckhorn beat Hazard at home with Olinger out of the lineup.
Hazard has had a hard time putting there whole team on the court over the last couple of months and they look to finally be healthy and ready to play.
Buckhorn has had a better overall season than Hazard but I believe if the two would have played in the first round of District that Hazard would have edged them.
jackbenimble Wrote:Probably because they don't really want them.

I bet you're right.
I bet they want to play Leslie County.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:No, I'm saying that it should've been seeded with Perry (1 seed) playing Leslie (4 seed) and Buckhorn (2 seed) playing Hazard (3 seed). I think if those were the match-ups, Buckhorn and Perry would be going to Region.

There is no way you can seed in the 54th. PCC didn"t play anybody in the district. Kudos to Buckhorn for playing Hazard and Leslie County. Until the teams in this district can get along enough to play home and home, it's not going to happen. THIS IS A JOKE!
From what I have saw all season long, Braxton Beverly is the best Basketball player on Perry Centrals team. He makes them go. I think his team mates know hes the best player on the team and they dont seem to be jeolous of him at all. Thats why he does so well. He has confidence in himself and his team mates have confidence in him to. Im not saying he is a better post player than Dillon Cornett, nor a better swingman than Dalton. Each guy does their job pretty darn well. They have better chemistry than anyone I have saw this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:I bet you're right.
I bet they want to play Leslie County.

Yeah I guess if you look at their schedule they ducked a lot of people this year. :please:
Watched the game last night and i must say it was a very hurting game too watch so many passes and seems like no one was having fun on this team at all,Huff didnt see much playing time and he should be their star but Hatcher will run many off playing his style of ball,he may win but its very ugly and not fun to watch,i like too see kids enjoying being out there and NO PLAYER on floor seem to want to be there,sad because they have by far the best talent in region and SHOULD be at RUPP... who knows if players can stand tpo play his style and be there ,and YES the BELEVERY kids is the real deal and just a 7th grader he shined last evening or PCC was beaten.
EKYHoops Wrote:Yeah I guess if you look at their schedule they ducked a lot of people this year. :please:

It's according to your definition of "ducked"...
If you mean Hatcher tried to get the rest of the district to man up and seed for the playoffs, they refused, and he said he wasn't going to play them....
then yes. PCC "ducked" a lot of people.

If you are saying they didn't play anyone because they are scared or something...
then no.
Because there is only one school in the mountains that can say they knocked off the best teams in the 13th and 15th region(Clay and Betsy Layne).
They knocked off the best team available for them to beat in the 14th last night.
Was being sarcastic! They had one of the toughest schedules possible in the 14th and all around the state. Playing Hazard and Leslie would of just made their schedule weaker and that is not what Hatcher wants. He will travel all over the country to play the best teams from what I hear.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Watched the game last night and i must say it was a very hurting game too watch so many passes and seems like no one was having fun on this team at all,Huff didnt see much playing time and he should be their star but Hatcher will run many off playing his style of ball,he may win but its very ugly and not fun to watch,i like too see kids enjoying being out there and NO PLAYER on floor seem to want to be there,sad because they have by far the best talent in region and SHOULD be at RUPP... who knows if players can stand tpo play his style and be there ,and YES the BELEVERY kids is the real deal and just a 7th grader he shined last evening or PCC was beaten.

I asked all of Perry's players after the game what their thought were and they all said the same thing.

"I don't have fun playing ball for PCC and winning every week. We pass too much. No one on the floor wanted to be here tonight and that's sad because we're the most talented team around."

Oh wait....
I didn't really ask them.
I was daydreaming in a world where your comment made sense Smile

Just playing.
We all know have fond I am of "Hatcher Ball" lol
EKYHoops Wrote:Was being sarcastic! They had one of the toughest schedules possible in the 14th and all around the state. Playing Hazard and Leslie would of just made their schedule weaker and that is not what Hatcher wants. He will travel all over the country to play the best teams from what I hear.

lol
I retract my spiteful comment Smile
Csportsman11 Wrote:Watched the game last night and i must say it was a very hurting game too watch so many passes and seems like no one was having fun on this team at all,.

Have to agree, when the first points were scored halfway through the 1st quarter, everyone was already asleep and the fans and student sections were already out of the game. When you score a total of 6 pts in a quarter combined that makes for such a boring game. Yes he gets wins, but I agree it's hard to get the kids to buy in to it. I about fell asleep myself, it was awful game to watch.
I have to agree.. Hatchers style makes me sick at my stomach..
But if it gets the job done, props to him on that.
Does anyone respect DEFENSE!!! Buckhorn couldnt get a good shot off!!! They passed it more than PCC did!!! Watch the rest of the games and tell me im not right...
bdub Wrote:Does anyone respect DEFENSE!!! Buckhorn couldnt get a good shot off!!! They passed it more than PCC did!!! Watch the rest of the games and tell me im not right...

I do....
but it looks like we're alone for right now lol
Now they do play the heck out of some defense, but when they get on offense, they turn down a whole lot of easy wide open looks just to run clock. They have such a great defensive team, they should look to score more, then play defense again.
Ballers Wrote:I have to agree.. Hatchers style makes me sick at my stomach..
But if it gets the job done, props to him on that.

Unless he is playing Hazard. Hatcher's career record at PC against Hazard 1-4.
Seems like you are right!! Cant wait till friday!!! Should be a hard fought game...
Aslan Wrote:Actually 2-7
2008 - 0-4
2009 - 2-2
2010 - 0-1

LOL ouch even worse. I would have kept that quite. 1-4 in district/regional game though. One of those wins was for foreit, wouldnt really cant that as a win but a win is a win I guess.
I would agree ASLAN!!! More talent for the last 3yrs from Hazard..Cant wait till friday!!!
That is because Hatchers style keeps the game so close all the time. You don't have to play well to stay in the game, because you don't have to score much against his teams. When it gets down close to the end, all you have to do is hit a couple big shots and you would be right back in the game. Just ask Knott last year. 10 pts in a minute and they win the game. Crazy things happen when you play like that.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:No, I'm saying that it should've been seeded with Perry (1 seed) playing Leslie (4 seed) and Buckhorn (2 seed) playing Hazard (3 seed). I think if those were the match-ups, Buckhorn and Perry would be going to Region.
Why? Buckhorn only beats Hazard at Buckhorn,Wonder why.
Got to give credit where it is due. Congrats to PCC on the win. Congrats to Buckhorn on a great season. They return EVERYONE and should have another great season. Hopefully a better ending though.
Bluecat Wrote:Got to give credit where it is due. Congrats to PCC on the win. Congrats to Buckhorn on a great season. They return EVERYONE and should have another great season. Hopefully a better ending though.

:Thumbs: